Delicious Lemon Mochi Cake Recipe
I’m a huge fan of Japanese desserts, and this Lemon Mochi Cake is one of my absolute favorites! Whenever I make this cake, it’s always a hit with my friends and family. The texture is soft and chewy, like mochi, with a zesty lemon flavor that really stands out. It’s one of the most delicious desserts I’ve ever tasted, and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you!
Lemon Mochi Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons mochiko rice flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Let’s make a delicious Lemon Mochi Cake!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until everything is evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons lemon zest until everything is well-combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add 2 tablespoons mochiko rice flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips to the batter and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake dusted with powdered sugar, if desired. Enjoy!
- Calories: 332
- Total Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 28.5mg
- Sodium: 247.4mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 52.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugars: 31.6g
- Protein: 4.4g
What is lemon mochi cake?
You’ve probably never heard of it, but lemon mochi cake is a delicious and unique dessert! This Japanese-inspired sweet treat is made with a combination of mochi and lemon curd, resulting in a yummy cakelike dessert. The mochi, which is a type of sticky rice cake, gives the cake a chewy texture, while the lemon curd gives it a light and refreshing citrus flavor. The cake is usually served as a snack or as a dessert, and is perfect for any occasion.
What makes this cake so delicious?
You won’t believe how delicious this Lemon Mochi Cake is! The combination of the sweet, creamy mochi and the tart, citrusy lemon is a flavor profile that your taste buds won’t soon forget. The cake itself is super moist and fluffy, with a soft, chewy texture. The mochi adds a delightful crunch that contrasts nicely with the tenderness of the cake. The lemon glaze tops it off with a sweet, tangy finish that’s just perfect.
The secret to this heavenly dessert lies in the quality of its ingredients. The mochi has a subtle sweetness that is balanced out by the tartness of the lemon, creating a flavor that is not too sweet or too sour. The cake is made with a combination of cake flour and cornstarch, which gives it a light and airy texture that melts in your mouth. The lemon glaze is made with fresh lemon juice and sugar, giving it a bright, refreshing flavor that ties the whole cake together.
Whether you’re serving this delicious cake to family and friends or just enjoying it as a special treat, one thing is certain: you won’t be disappointed! The delicious flavor combination and irresistible texture of this Lemon Mochi Cake will leave everyone wanting more.
What are the health benefits of this cake?
You can enjoy the deliciousness of lemon mochi cake and also reap a few health benefits! Here are some of the advantages of this amazing cake:
- Rich in vitamin C: Lemons are a great source of vitamin C, which can help improve your immunity and protect against diseases like the common cold.
- High in antioxidants: Lemons are also packed with antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and protect your body from damaging free radicals.
- Low in calories: This cake is surprisingly low in calories, so you can enjoy a piece without feeling guilty.
- Filled with fiber: Mochi is a great source of dietary fiber, which can help keep your digestion regular and keep you feeling full for longer.
- High in protein: The cake is also made with tofu, which is high in protein, making it a great snack for those who are looking to increase their protein intake.
In conclusion, lemon mochi cake is not only delicious, but it also comes with a few health benefits.
What tips and tricks should you follow to make this cake perfect?
Use a good quality of mochi. Be sure to buy the fresh mochi so that your cake will have a great flavor.
- Make sure that you use the right pan size. For a lemon mochi cake, you should use a 9-inch round pan or an 8-inch square pan.
- Preheat your oven to the right temperature before you begin to bake. A lemon mochi cake should be baked at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- For extra flavor, add some lemon zest and juice to the cake batter. This will give your lemon mochi cake more zesty flavor.
- Use a toothpick to check if your cake is done. Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Let your cake cool down completely before taking it out of the pan. This will ensure that your cake will come out in one piece.
- For the best taste, serve your lemon mochi cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. This will make your lemon mochi cake even more delicious.
What are the easy steps to make lemon mochi cake?
Making a lemon mochi cake is a fun and easy treat to make! All you need is mochiko flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, eggs, lemon zest, and a few other simple ingredients. Here are the easy steps to make lemon mochi cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mochiko flour, sugar, baking powder, and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and eggs until well blended.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until everything is blended together.
- Grease a 9-inch round pan with butter and pour the batter in.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the lemon mochi cake cool in the pan before slicing and serving.
What variations of this cake can you make?
You can make so many variations of this Lemon Mochi Cake! Add some other citrus flavors for a tangy twist, like lime and orange. Or, give it a tropical vibe by adding some pineapple and coconut. Why not mix in some matcha powder for a unique and flavorful green tea twist? If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try a savory variation with some nori and sesame seeds? The possibilities are endless.
Whatever you choose, this Lemon Mochi Cake is the perfect blank canvas for your creations. You can even experiment with different types of mochi, if you like.
What is the best way to serve this cake?
The best way to serve this delicious Lemon Mochi Cake is warm! The combination of sweet mochi and tart lemon creates a unique flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. The warmth of the cake intensifies the sweetness and takes it to a whole new level. Plus, it melts in your mouth, making it even more enjoyable.
For a lemon mochi cake, you can either bake it in the oven or microwave it. If baking in the oven, preheat it to 350°F and bake the cake for 25 minutes. Make sure to take it out when the top is slightly golden and the cake is cooked all the way through. If microwaving, heat the cake for one minute in 30-second intervals until it’s warm.
When serving, you can top the cake with a dollop of whipped cream or fresh berries for a sweet and creamy finish. Or, if you want something a bit more savory, you can add a dollop of cream cheese or a drizzle of honey.
No matter how you serve it, Lemon Mochi Cake is sure to be a hit with everyone.