I love baking and nothing is more delicious than a freshly-baked bundt cake! I recently made a Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake, and it was an absolute delight! The combination of sweet blueberries and tart lemon creates a delightful balance of flavors. The moist, fluffy cake was filled with blueberries and hints of lemon, and it was finished with a light lemon glaze that added a perfect sweet-tart flavor. This cake is perfect for special occasions, or just for a delicious weekend treat.
Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the granulated sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the buttermilk and blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 25 minutes before inverting it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake!
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 6g
- Sugars: 17g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Cholesterol: 80mg
What makes this lemon-blueberry bundt cake so special?
This Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake is something special! It’s a moist and fluffy cake with a zesty lemon flavor combined with the sweetness of fresh blueberries, creating a unique and delicious taste. The combination of the sweet and tangy flavors make this cake truly one of a kind. Plus, the bright colors from the blueberries make this cake a real show-stopper.
But the flavor and looks are not the only things that make this cake so special. It’s also incredibly simple to make. All you need is a few basic ingredients like flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and of course, lemons and blueberries. And you don’t even need to be an experienced baker to whip up this cake – just a little bit of patience and you’ll have a delicious dessert in no time!
Overall, this Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake is something special. It’s a delightful combination of sweet and tangy flavors, and the beautiful colors are sure to make it the star of any dinner party or special occasion.
What tips can you share for baking a perfectly moist lemon-blueberry bundt cake?
Preheat your oven to 350°F. This is the ideal temperature for baking this cake.
- Grease the bundt pan with butter and dust with flour. This will help ensure the cake comes out of the pan intact.
- Use fresh lemon juice and zest for maximum flavor.
- Sift together the dry ingredients twice before adding them to the wet ingredients. This will help the cake to rise properly.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. This will add a lightness to the cake.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure each one is well incorporated before adding the next.
- Alternate adding the dry and wet ingredients until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
What unique flavor combinations can you create with this recipe?
Yes! Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake is the perfect recipe to get creative with flavor combinations. It’s tart and sweet, and can be jazzed up with a variety of ingredients. For example, lemon zest and fresh blueberries provide a classic flavor, but you can switch it up with some added spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, or cardamom. Or, for an extra punch of sweetness, you could add some white chocolate chips or a drizzle of honey. You could even top it with a layer of cream cheese frosting or a lemon glaze. The possibilities are endless! With this recipe, you can make sure your Bundt cake stands out with a unique flavor combo.
How easy is this lemon-blueberry bundt cake to make?
Making this Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake could not be easier! All you need are a few simple ingredients, a bowl, and a Bundt pan and you’re good to go. With a few easy steps, you’ll have a delicious and impressive cake that will wow your friends and family.
First, preheat your oven and grease your Bundt pan with butter or cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, and sugar. Then, in a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients like butter, eggs, and lemon juice.
Next, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries, making sure not to over mix the batter. Carefully pour the batter into the Bundt pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Once the cake is finished baking, let it cool for about 10 minutes before flipping it over onto a cake plate or platter. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy!
As you can see, this Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake is incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you’ll have a delicious and impressive cake in no time.
How can you decorate the lemon-blueberry bundt cake for a festive occasion?
Decorating a lemon-blueberry bundt cake for a festive occasion is a breeze! There are so many creative and fun ways to make the cake look extra special. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
First, you can top the cake with a delicious lemon glaze. Simply combine freshly squeezed lemon juice, powdered sugar, and a little melted butter to create a sweet and tangy glaze. For a festive touch, add a few blueberries or lemon zest to the glaze.
Next, you can decorate the cake with edible flowers. Edible flowers are an easy and beautiful way to make your bundt cake look extra special. Simply arrange the flowers around the top of the cake.
Finally, you can create a decorative lemon-blueberry topping. This can be as simple as arranging some fresh blueberries and lemon slices around the top of the cake. Or, if you’re feeling creative, you can use a piping bag to create a pattern with the fruit.
No matter how you choose to decorate your lemon-blueberry bundt cake, it will look amazing and be the centerpiece of any festive occasion.
What is the history behind the lemon-blueberry bundt cake?
It’s no surprise that the lemon-blueberry bundt cake has been a favorite among dessert lovers for decades. This delectable classic is a combination of moist and fluffy lemon-flavored cake and juicy blueberries, creating a flavor that’s simply irresistible. But what’s the history behind this beloved treat?
Believe it or not, the lemon-blueberry bundt cake has a surprisingly long and rich history. The original recipe is believed to have originated in the late 19th century, when German bakers began experimenting with different flavors and combinations. It was during this time that the combination of lemon-flavored cake and blueberries first came to be.
Over the years, the recipe for the lemon-blueberry bundt cake has changed and evolved. In the 1940s, bakers began adding more blueberries to enhance the flavor, and in the 1950s, they added more sugar and butter to give the cake a sweeter, richer taste. Since then, it has become a staple in many bakeries and homes.
Today, the lemon-blueberry bundt cake is still a classic dessert favorite. Whether you prefer the traditional recipe or you’ve given it your own twist, this delicious treat is sure to be a hit for any occasion.
What other recipes can you make with the same ingredients as the lemon-blueberry bundt cake?
If you want to get creative with your lemon-blueberry bundt cake ingredients, there are a ton of tasty recipes you can make! From breakfast options such as muffins and pancakes, to scrumptious desserts such as cupcakes and cheesecake, you’ll be able to use the same ingredients to make something delicious. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Lemon-Blueberry Muffins: Start with your cake’s base ingredients and simply add a little more flour and baking powder, as well as some sugar, to give your muffins a sweet kick.
- Lemon-Blueberry Pancakes: Start by whisking together your cake’s wet ingredients. Then, add some extra flour and baking powder and you’ll have the perfect fluffy pancake batter.
- Lemon-Blueberry Cupcakes: Follow the same instructions as for muffins, but instead of using a muffin tin, use a cupcake tin to make individual cupcakes.
- Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake: Start with your cake’s base ingredients and add some cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Then, bake it in a springform pan and top it with some fresh blueberries for a delicious dessert.