This recipe is for Laura Shirk’s Shortbread. It is a simple, classic shortbread recipe that has been passed down in her family for generations. This recipe is perfect for the holidays or any special occasion.
- 1 cup butter, ½ cup white sugar, 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour, ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Cream butter and sugar together. Add flour and salt, stir until blended.
3. Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with small cutters (2 inches in diameter or less).
4. Place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar when done if desired
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated fat: 2.5 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Sugar: 6g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein : 2g