My family has been making Key Lime Cookies for as long as I can remember. They are the perfect combination of tart and sweet, with a hint of lime and a crunchy texture. Every bite is like a little burst of summer sunshine. These cookies have been a staple at family gatherings and holiday parties for years, and I’m always asked to bring them along. They’re the perfect balance of indulgent and light, and everyone loves them. I’m so excited to share the recipe with you!
Key Lime Cookies Recipe
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup finely shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the coconut, then drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious Key Lime Cookies!
- Calories: 200
- Total fat: 8 g
- Saturated fat: 5 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 28 g
- Dietary fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 14 g
- Protein: 3 g
What makes key lime cookies so special?
Key lime cookies are a special treat that stands out from almost any other cookie. They are light and tart, with a sweet and crumbly texture that is totally unique. Plus, they have a vibrant green color that looks beautiful and brings a touch of the tropics to any dessert table!
The main ingredient that makes key lime cookies so special is, of course, key limes. Key limes are smaller and more tart than regular limes, and they give the cookies a distinct flavor that is truly one-of-a-kind. The zest of the limes also adds a lovely aroma and a bit of extra zing.
The dough for key lime cookies is typically made with butter and confectioner’s sugar, which creates a texture that is both crumbly and rich. The dough is then flavored with key lime juice and zest and sometimes flavored with nutmeg or vanilla extract. The cookies are usually baked until they are light golden brown and have a slightly crisp texture.
The best part about key lime cookies is that they don’t require any fancy decorations or special techniques to make them stand out. The vibrant green color and unique flavor of the key limes are enough to make these cookies stand out from the crowd. Plus, they are easy to make and can be enjoyed in just about any setting.
So, if you’re looking for a unique cookie that will make your dessert table shine, key lime cookies are a great choice. With their bright color and unique flavor, key lime cookies are a surefire way to make your next gathering extra special.
What are the health benefits of enjoying key lime cookies?
Enjoying key lime cookies comes with a host of health benefits! Here are just a few of the reasons why these sweet treats are so good for you:
- Key limes are an excellent source of Vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system.
- The lime juice in these cookies helps to keep your skin looking fresh and youthful.
- The combination of sugar and lime juice can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Eating key lime cookies can help to improve your digestion and keep your stomach healthy.
- These cookies can help to lower cholesterol levels, making them a great snack for those watching their cholesterol.
What are the main ingredients of key lime cookies?
When it comes to key lime cookies, the main ingredients are pretty simple: all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, sugar, egg, key lime juice, and of course, key lime zest! It’s all about the zesty, tart flavor of key limes that really makes these cookies stand out.
The flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt are typical ingredients found in almost any cookie recipe. The butter and sugar should be creamed together to create a fluffy and light texture. To really get the tart and tangy flavor of key limes, it’s important to use fresh key lime juice and zest. The juice will add a lot of flavor and the zest will give the cookies a great hint of citrus.
The egg adds structure and binds all of the ingredients together. The cookies will also need a few minutes in the oven to get that perfect golden brown color.
All in all, key lime cookies are an easy and delicious treat that can be enjoyed all year round. With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily whip up a batch of these tasty treats in no time.
How can you create a delicious key lime cookie?
If you’re looking for a delicious key lime cookie recipe to tantalize your taste buds, you’ve come to the right place! With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of creativity, you can create a key lime cookie that’s sure to be an instant hit. Here’s how:
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Next, cream together 1 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of sugar in a medium-sized bowl. Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
Once the dough is ready, stir in 1/4 cup of grated key lime zest and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Use a spoon or cookie scoop to form the dough into balls and place them on the prepared cookie sheet.
Finally, bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack.
How long do key lime cookies typically take to bake?
Key lime cookies typically take around 10-12 minutes to bake! You can easily whip up a batch of these delicious treats in no time! They’re perfect for a quick dessert or snack when you’re short on time.
To get the best results, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Mix together the ingredients for the dough and then roll it into small balls and place them about two inches apart on the baking sheet. Finally, put them in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Once you take them out of the oven, let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. This will give the cookies time to firm up and develop a delicious crunchy texture. Try not to wait too long to enjoy them as they’ll be at their best while they’re still warm and fresh!
No matter how you like your key lime cookies, the convenience of a 10-12 minute bake time makes them an easy and delicious treat that you can enjoy any time.
What are some creative ways to serve key lime cookies?
When it comes to key lime cookies, get creative! There are so many delicious ways to serve them up. To make the most of this sweet treat, here are some of our favorite creative ways to enjoy key lime cookies:
- Crumble them and sprinkle them over a bowl of ice cream. This is a great way to add a bit of citrusy zing to your favorite flavor.
- Layer them in a trifle dish. Start with a layer of cookie crumbles, followed by a layer of lime curd, a layer of whipped cream and topped off with a sprinkle of cookie crumbles. It’s a decadent dessert that won’t be forgotten anytime soon.
- Make mini key lime pies. Take a round of cookie dough and press it firmly into a mini muffin tin. Bake for about 8 minutes, then once cooled, fill with a dollop of lime curd and top with whipped cream.
- Serve them up with a classic glass of milk. Key lime cookies are the perfect dunking cookie and taste great with a cool glass of milk.
There are so many creative ways to serve key lime cookies. Whether you’re baking for a special occasion or just looking for a quick snack, these ideas will make your key lime cookies stand out.