This key lime cake is moist, tart and full of flavor. It’s easy to make and can be served with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- zest of 1 lime (optional)
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×13 inch cake pan or one 10 inch bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl stir together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, key lime juice, lime zest (optional), sour cream or yogurt, and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 100 mg
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 24 g
- Protein: 5 g