I’m always looking for new recipes to try, and this one for homemade pear pie is definitely a keeper! I’ve made this pie several times now, and each time it turns out perfect. The combination of sweet pears and a buttery, flaky crust is so delicious that it’s hard to resist. Plus, it’s surprisingly easy to make. If you’re looking for a delicious and impressive dessert, this is the one you need to try!
Homemade Pear Pie Recipe
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Let’s get started on making some delicious homemade pear pie! First, you’ll need to peel and slice your two pears. Put the slices into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Pour the dry mixture over your pears in the large bowl and mix everything together.
- Now, cut your butter into small pieces and add them to the bowl as well. Mix everything together until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cold water to the bowl and mix everything once more.
- Place your 9-inch unbaked pie crust in the middle of a greased baking dish.
- Pour the pear mixture into the pie crust and spread it out evenly.
- Place your baking dish in the oven and bake it for 60 minutes, or until the crust is golden-brown.
- Once the pie is done, let it rest for at least 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy your homemade pear pie!
- Calories: 395
- Total Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
- Sodium: 194 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 25 g
- Protein: 4 g
What is the best type of pears to use in a homemade pear pie?
If you’re looking for the best type of pears to use in your homemade pear pie, then you should look no further than Bartlett pears. They are the perfect combination of sweet and juicy, and their texture is just right for baking in a pie.
The other great thing about Bartlett pears is that they are widely available at grocery stores, so it’s easy to find them and get started on your pie. Once you have your pears, it’s time to get baking.
When selecting pears, choose those that are ripe but still firm. You should be able to easily press your thumb into the flesh, but it should still feel slightly firm. Avoid pears that are overly soft and mushy, as these will not hold up as well in the oven.
Once you have your pears prepped, you’re ready to get started on your pie. Bartlett pears are the perfect choice for a homemade pear pie because they are sweet and juicy, and their texture holds up well in the oven.
What are some ways to make a pear pie filling that is flavorful and delicious?
You can make a pear pie filling that is flavorful and delicious with just a few simple steps! First, pears are best when they are ripe, so start by selecting sweet, juicy pears that are ripe. Peel, core, and slice the pears into thin slices. Then, heat a saucepan over medium heat and add in a few tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is melted, add in the sliced pears and stir to coat.
To make the filling even more flavorful, add some cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt. Let the pears cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pears are softened and lightly browned. Add a few tablespoons of brown sugar, or to taste, and stir to combine. Finally, add a few tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, and stir to combine.
What are some tips for making the perfect pear pie crust?
Making the perfect pear pie crust is easy with these simple tips! Here’s what you need to know:
- Start with a good, basic recipe. You can find plenty of recipes online or even in cookbooks.
- Make sure to use cold butter. This will help give your crust a flaky texture.
- Don’t overwork the dough. Too much handling will make the dough tough.
- Be sure to use a good quality all-purpose flour. This will help ensure that your crust holds together.
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface. This will help keep the dough from sticking.
- Don’t forget the egg wash! This will give your crust a nice golden color.
- Bake the pie crust until it’s golden brown. This will ensure a delicious, flaky crust.
What are the benefits of baking a homemade pear pie instead of buying one from a store?
Making your own pear pie at home is a great way to enjoy a delicious dessert while also benefitting from some of the advantages that come with baking at home. Here are some of the benefits of making your own pear pie instead of buying one from a store:
- You get to customize your pear pie. When you bake it at home, you can pick the type of pears you like, the size of the pie, and even the type of crust you want to use. You don’t have to stick to the traditional recipes – you can experiment and make your own unique creations.
- You get to save money. Homemade pear pies are usually much cheaper than store-bought pies. You can save even more money by using ingredients already in your pantry and being mindful of the size of the pie you want to make.
- You get to enjoy the process of baking. Baking is an enjoyable activity that lets you get creative and also gives you a sense of accomplishment. When you bake your own pear pie, you can take your time to appreciate each step and savor the aroma of the pie in the oven.
- You get to share the pie with friends and family. Baking a homemade pear pie is a great way to celebrate with those you love. Invite your friends and family over for a dinner and surprise them with a delicious dessert that you made yourself.
Making a homemade pear pie is a great way to enjoy a delicious dessert while also taking advantage of some of the benefits that come with baking it at home.
What are some creative ways to top off a homemade pear pie?
Topping off a homemade pear pie is a great way to get creative in the kitchen! Whether you’re trying to impress your family or just want to add some extra flavor, there are a few delicious ideas to choose from. You could go with the classics like a flaky, buttery crust or add some extra texture with a crumb topping. You can even get creative with your choice of ingredients like melted chocolate, creamy caramel, or crunchy nuts. Here are some of our favorite creative ways to top off a homemade pear pie:
- Crumb topping: This is a classic topping that adds a delicious crunch. Mix together a mixture of oatmeal, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the pear pie and bake until golden.
- Chocolate ganache: This is a great way to add a decadent touch to your pie. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler and mix in a tablespoon of butter. Let cool slightly before pouring over the top of the pie.
- Caramel topping: For an extra sweet topping, try a caramel drizzle. Simmer a mixture of butter, brown sugar, and cream in a saucepan until it’s thick and creamy. Let cool slightly before drizzling over the top of the pear pie.
- Nuts: To add some crunch, top your pie with some toasted nuts. Toast your favorite type of nut in a skillet until golden brown and sprinkle over the top of the pie.
No matter which topping you choose, you can’t go wrong when it comes to topping off a homemade pear pie.