I’m so excited to share with you my recipe for homemade gluten-free cinnamon rolls! These delicious, cozy treats have been a favorite of mine for years, and I’m finally ready to share my recipe with the world. I’ve been perfecting this recipe for quite some time, and it’s been worth all the effort! These cinnamon rolls are made with a gluten-free dough, so everyone can enjoy them. The warm cinnamon and sugar filling is just the right balance of sweetness and spice, and the rolls are finished off with a creamy glaze. These cinnamon rolls are the perfect treat for any occasion, and I can’t wait for you to try them!
Homemade Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (105 – 115ºF)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Optional: Powdered sugar for dusting
- Let’s make some delicious homemade Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls! First, grab a large bowl and mix together 2¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Now, add 2 teaspoons active dry yeast to the bowl and then pour in 1 cup of warm milk (105 – 115ºF). Stir the mixture until everything is combined, then drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, ¼ cup light brown sugar, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted), and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Grease a baking dish, then spread the dough evenly in it. Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture over the dough, then roll the dough up into a log. Cut the log into 1-inch slices and arrange the slices in the baking dish.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Bake the cinnamon rolls for 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Once the cinnamon rolls are done baking, let them cool for 15 minutes before serving. Optional: top with powdered sugar for an extra sweet touch. Enjoy!
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 7 mg
- Sodium: 252 mg
- Carbohydrates: 36.3 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
What ingredients and tools do you need to make the perfect gluten-free cinnamon roll?
To make the perfect gluten-free cinnamon roll, you’ll need a few simple ingredients and tools. A few of the must-haves include gluten-free flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and a rolling pin. You may also need a few other things such as an electric mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a bowl, and a baking dish.
The first step to making gluten-free cinnamon rolls is to make the dough. To do this, you’ll need to combine gluten-free flour, sugar, butter, salt, and warm water in a bowl. Once the dough has been mixed together, you’ll need to knead it with your hands until it’s soft and pliable.
Once the dough is ready, you’ll need to roll it out with a rolling pin on a floured surface. Once it is rolled out, you’ll need to spread a layer of butter on top and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar. Then, roll it up and slice it into individual cinnamon rolls.
The last step is to place the rolls in a greased baking dish and bake them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
What other gluten-free recipes can you make with the same ingredients you used for the cinnamon rolls?
Yes! You can make a variety of delicious gluten-free recipes with the same ingredients you used for your cinnamon rolls. From breakfast to dinner, you can easily create a variety of meals using gluten-free flours, fresh fruits, and vegetables. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Breakfast: With the same gluten-free flour, you can make tasty pancakes, waffles, biscuits, and muffins. Add in fresh or frozen berries and some nuts for a delicious and nutritious start to your day.
Lunch: You can use the same flour to make pizza crusts, quiches, and savory pies. Add in some fresh vegetables and vegan cheeses to make a delicious and filling meal.
Dinner: Try making gluten-free pastas like macaroni and cheese, lasagna, and ravioli. Add in some fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices for an easy and delicious dinner.
Dessert: Yes, you can use the same gluten-free flour for baking! Make delicious cookies, brownies, pies, and cobblers. Top them off with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra special treat.
These are just a few of the many gluten-free recipes you can make with the same ingredients you used for your cinnamon rolls. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different ingredients and flavors.
What are some of the benefits of making your own homemade gluten-free cinnamon rolls?
Making your own homemade gluten-free cinnamon rolls is a great way to enjoy a delicious treat without worrying about gluten! Here are some of the benefits:
- Healthier ingredients: Homemade cinnamon rolls are made with healthier ingredients than store-bought or premade varieties, allowing you to control the amount of sugar and other additives in your treat.
- Customizable: You can choose the type of gluten-free flour you want to use, as well as other ingredients such as nuts, raisins, or even chocolate chips to give your cinnamon rolls a unique flavor.
- Cost-effective: Homemade gluten-free cinnamon rolls are a lot cheaper than buying them from a store. Plus, you can make a big batch and freeze them for later, so you always have a delicious treat on hand.
- Fun to make: Baking your own homemade gluten-free cinnamon rolls is a fun and rewarding experience, perfect for a weekend baking project.
How do you make sure your gluten-free cinnamon rolls turn out light, fluffy and moist?
Making light, fluffy and moist gluten-free cinnamon rolls doesn’t have to be a challenge – follow these simple steps and you’ll have delicious cinnamon rolls every time!
- Use quality ingredients: Start with a gluten-free flour blend that contains xanthan gum, for the best texture in the finished rolls. Look for a blend that has a balance of light flours and starches, like rice, potato and tapioca starches.
- Use a mixer: A hand or stand mixer is essential for properly combining the ingredients and ensuring that your dough develops the right texture.
- Add moisture: Gluten-free doughs can be dry and crumbly, so make sure to add enough liquid to get the desired consistency. Add a bit of melted butter or oil to the dough to help keep the rolls soft and moist.
- Knead the dough: Kneading the dough helps give the rolls a better texture and helps them rise better. Use a light hand when kneading – don’t be too aggressive or your rolls will be tough.
- Roll it out: Make sure to roll the dough out evenly and not too thick, or your rolls will be dense and dry.
- Bake: When baking, start with a hot oven and reduce the temperature halfway through. This helps to create a golden, crisp outside and a light, fluffy inside.
What are some tips and tricks to make the best gluten-free cinnamon rolls?
Making delicious gluten-free cinnamon rolls doesn’t have to be a challenge. With the right tips and tricks, you can create fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth rolls that will satisfy any craving. Here are some top tips to help you make the best gluten-free cinnamon rolls ever:
- Use a good gluten-free flour blend. There are a variety of gluten-free flours available, but using a pre-made gluten-free flour blend is usually the best option. Blends are designed to mimic the texture and flavor of regular flour, making them ideal for baking.
- Don’t skimp on the fat. Gluten-free doughs can be a bit more fragile, so using a higher fat content like butter or coconut oil is important to help the dough hold together.
- Don’t over-mix the dough. Over-mixing can lead to tough, dense cinnamon rolls, so mix just until the dough comes together.
- Let the dough rise. Gluten-free doughs need a bit more rising time, so let the dough rise for at least an hour or two before rolling it out.
- Use a light touch. When rolling out the dough, use a light touch and make sure not to press too hard.
- Use plenty of cinnamon-sugar. It’s hard to go wrong with a generous amount of cinnamon-sugar, so don’t skimp on the filling.
- Don’t over-bake. Gluten-free doughs burn more quickly, so keep an eye on the rolls while they’re baking and take them out of the oven when they’re lightly golden brown.
With these tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating the perfect gluten-free cinnamon rolls.