I’m a huge fan of garlic knots, and I’m always looking for ways to enjoy them at home. Making them from scratch is definitely my favorite way, and I’m excited to share my recipe with you! These garlic knots are full of flavor, with a hint of garlic and a light, fluffy texture. I guarantee they’ll be your new favorite snack!
Homemade Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Let’s get started making some delicious homemade garlic knots! In a medium bowl, combine together 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and ¾ cup of warm water to the bowl, and mix until everything is combined.
- Now it’s time to get the garlic flavor in the knots. Mince two cloves of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Next, melt two tablespoons of butter and add it to the bowl.
- Now mix in ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it is smooth.
- Cut the dough into small pieces and shape them into knots.
- Place the knots on a greased baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes at 375°F.
- After 12 minutes, take the knots out of the oven and brush them with the remaining melted butter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Put the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Let the garlic knots cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 350
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 38g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 8g
What is the best part about making homemade garlic knots?
The best part about making homemade garlic knots is the delicious smell that spreads throughout your home as they bake in the oven! The fresh aroma of garlic, butter, and herbs will make it feel like a mini Italian restaurant in your own kitchen.
The process of making homemade garlic knots is also incredibly enjoyable. You start by rolling out dough, shaping it into knots, and then brushing them with melted butter and herbs. As you watch them rise in the oven, you can almost taste the mouthwatering treats that you are about to enjoy.
The end result of your homemade garlic knots is a warm, fluffy treat that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The combination of garlic, butter, and herbs creates a flavor that is truly unique and delicious. Whether you are serving them as an appetizer or as a side dish, your homemade garlic knots will be the star of the show.
Making homemade garlic knots is a fun and rewarding experience that can be enjoyed by everyone in the family. From the moment you start prepping the dough to the moment you take the knots out of the oven, it’s a journey of delight that you won’t soon forget.
How can you make sure your garlic knots are perfect every time?
Making perfect garlic knots every time is easy as long as you follow a few simple steps. Here are some tips to help you create delicious garlic knots that will be a hit at your next gathering:
- Start by selecting the right type of dough. For best results, use a pizza dough that is slightly sweet. This will help create a light and airy texture for your garlic knots.
- Pre-bake the dough for about 10 minutes in a 375-degree oven. This ensures that the garlic knots will cook evenly and will have a light and fluffy texture.
- Once the dough is pre-baked, cut it into strips about 1/2 inch thick.
- To create the knots, tie the strips of dough into a knot shape. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each garlic knot generously with melted butter, and then sprinkle with garlic, Parmesan cheese and herbs.
- Bake the garlic knots in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Let the garlic knots cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
By following these simple steps, you can make sure that your garlic knots will be perfect every time. With a little practice, you’ll be a pro at making delicious and flavorful garlic knots that will have your friends and family begging for more.
What tips can you use to make the process of making garlic knots easier?
Making your own garlic knots at home doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Here are some easy tips to make the process easier:
- Gather all the ingredients you will need before you begin. This will save you from having to stop in the middle of the process.
- Use pre-made pizza dough or even pre-made garlic knots to save time.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a rectangular shape before cutting into strips.
- Before tying the knots, brush each strip with melted butter or olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Make sure to tie the knots securely so that the butter/ olive oil and seasonings stay inside.
- Place the knots on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350°F or until golden brown.
- Let the knots cool for a few minutes before serving.
What are the benefits of making garlic knots at home rather than buying them?
Making garlic knots at home rather than buying them can be a great way to enjoy a delicious, homemade snack. Here are some of the benefits you can experience when making garlic knots at home:
- You get to choose the ingredients – When you make garlic knots at home, you get to choose the ingredients you want to use. You can use whole grain flour, olive oil, and other healthy ingredients to make a delicious and nutritious snack.
- You can customize the flavor – When you make garlic knots at home, you can customize the flavor to suit your taste. You can add herbs and spices, such as rosemary and oregano, to give your knots a unique flavor.
- The price is right – Making garlic knots at home is usually much cheaper than buying them. You can save money on ingredients and you don’t have to pay for the labor.
- It’s a fun activity – Making garlic knots at home is a fun activity for the whole family. Kids love getting involved in the process and it’s a great way to get everyone in the kitchen and cooking together.
- It’s a great way to bond – Making garlic knots at home is a great way to bond with your family and friends. You can make the experience even more enjoyable by sharing stories and laughs while you wait for the knots to bake.
Making garlic knots at home is a great way to enjoy a delicious, homemade snack. You get to choose the ingredients, customize the flavor, save money, and have a ton of fun in the process.
What ingredients do you need to make garlic knots?
Making garlic knots at home is easy, delicious, and requires only a few ingredients! To get started, you’ll need all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil, garlic powder, and butter.
For the dough, combine 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a large bowl. Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir everything together until the dough is tacky. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes until it’s smooth and elastic. Cover the dough and let it rise for at least an hour.
When the dough is ready, roll it out on a lightly floured surface into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut the dough into 12 strips, about an inch wide. Take each strip and tie it into a knot. Place the knots onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Brush the garlic butter mixture onto each knot. Bake the knots in a 375°F oven for 15 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
How can you customize your homemade garlic knots?
You can customize your homemade garlic knots any way you like! Whether you’re looking to add a bit of crunch, spice, or extra garlic, there are plenty of ways to make your homemade garlic knots unique. Here are some ideas to get you started.
First, you can add extra crunch to your garlic knots by rolling the dough in sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or pumpkin seeds before baking. This will add a nice crunchy texture to the outside of the knots and really bring out the flavor.
Next, you can add spice to your garlic knots by sprinkling some red pepper flakes on the dough before you shape it. This will give the garlic knots a nice kick and a bit of heat that will really make them stand out.
Finally, you can add extra garlic to your garlic knots by adding minced garlic to the dough before you shape it. This will make the garlic knots even more garlicky and flavorful. You could also add some grated Parmesan cheese to the dough for extra flavor.
No matter how you customize your homemade garlic knots, they’re sure to be delicious! So get creative and have fun experimenting with different flavor combinations.