Hibiscus Granita: An Easy And Delicious Refreshing Summer Treat
I am so excited to share this recipe for Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita with you! It’s a delicious, refreshing dessert that I’ve been making for years, and I think you’ll love it as much as I do. The tartness of the hibiscus is a perfect complement to the sweetness of the granita, and the combination of flavors is just heavenly. So, let’s get started!
Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita Recipe
- 4 cups hibiscus tea, chilled
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Gather all the ingredients: 4 cups of hibiscus tea, chilled, ½ cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the ½ cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, and ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Stir until everything is well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking dish.
- Pour the 4 cups of chilled hibiscus tea over the mixture.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped, over the granita.
- Place the baking dish back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Once the granita has a slushy texture, it is ready to enjoy. Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Calories: 130
- Total Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 6mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 28g
- Protein: 0g
What is granita and why should we give it a try?
Granita is a semi-frozen dessert made with various ingredients including sugar, fruit, coffee, and other flavorings. It’s a great alternative to traditional ice cream or sorbet, as it has a refreshingly tart flavor and a delightful icy texture. It’s not as sweet as ice cream and sorbet and can be a great way to get your sweet tooth satisfied without overindulging.
If you’re looking for a unique and interesting dessert, give hearty tarty hibiscus granita a try. This delightful dish is made with hibiscus syrup, which gives it a rich, floral flavor. The syrup is combined with sugar and water, and then frozen until it’s semi-frozen. The result is a flavorful and refreshing icy treat.
The tartness of the hibiscus syrup pairs perfectly with the icy texture of the granita, creating a unique and complex flavor profile. Plus, it’s a great way to enjoy a sweet treat without the guilt that comes with indulging in sugary desserts.
Granita is also incredibly versatile. You can experiment with different syrups to find the flavor profile you like the best. You can even combine different syrups to make your own signature recipe. And since it’s a semi-frozen dessert, it’s incredibly easy to make and can be enjoyed year-round.
So, if you’re looking for something new and exciting to try, why not give hearty tarty hibiscus granita a try? It’s a unique and flavorful treat that won’t leave you feeling guilty afterward. Plus, the combination of tartness and icy texture makes it a truly special dessert that you won’t soon forget.
What makes hearty tarty hibiscus granita special?
You’ll definitely want to try Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita! This delicious dessert is special because of its combination of sweet and tart flavors. The tartness comes from hibiscus tea, and the sweetness is provided by mango and pineapple. The combination of these flavors makes it an interesting and unique treat.
The best part of Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita is its texture. It has a thick, icy texture that melts in your mouth. This makes it perfect for a hot summer day, when you need a refreshing treat. The combination of tart and sweet flavors also makes it great for any occasion.
The other special thing about Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita is that it’s easy to make. All you need are a few ingredients and minimal effort. The result is a delicious and interesting dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
So if you’re looking for a special and unique dessert, Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita is definitely the way to go. It’s easy to make, and the combination of sweet and tart flavors will tantalize your taste buds.
How do you make this granita?
Making this hearty and tarty hibiscus granita is easy and fun! Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Start by boiling three cups of water and stirring in 1/2 cup of hibiscus flowers until the color is a deep magenta.
- Next, strain the mixture and add 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of honey.
- Put the mixture in a shallow pan and freeze for at least one hour until it is completely frozen.
- Once the mixture is frozen, use a fork to scrape the mixture so it looks like wet snow!.
- Return the mixture to the freezer for another hour.
- Repeat this process until the mixture is light and fluffy – this will take about 4 hours.
What are the health benefits of this granita?
You may be wondering what are the health benefits of this delicious Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita? Well, the answer is – plenty! Here are some of the health benefits that this granita has to offer:
- Rich in antioxidants: Hibiscus is a rich source of powerful antioxidants which helps to protect your body from the effects of free radicals and oxidative stress. This can help reduce the risk of serious diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
- Low in calories: This granita contains just 110 calories per serving, making it the perfect guilt-free treat!.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Hibiscus is rich in many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc. This makes it an excellent choice for people looking to improve their overall health.
- Improves digestion: This granita is high in fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system healthy and functioning properly.
- Helps to fight inflammation: Hibiscus is known to possess anti-inflammatory properties which can help to reduce inflammation in your body.
- Natural diuretic: The natural diuretic properties of hibiscus can help reduce water retention and flush out toxins from your body.
- Supports immune system: High levels of antioxidants and vitamins found in hibiscus can help to boost your immune system and keep you healthy.
What are the key ingredients for this granita?
If you’re looking to make a hearty tarty hibiscus granita, you’ll need some key ingredients. To make this delicious dessert, you’ll need hibiscus tea, white sugar, and lemon juice, as well as some other ingredients to garnish.
First, you’ll need to make the hibiscus tea. Start by boiling 3 cups of water, and then add in 6 hibiscus tea bags. Let these steep for 15 minutes, and then remove the tea bags. Add in 1/2 cup of white sugar and stir to combine. Once the sugar has dissolved, allow the mixture to cool completely.
Once cooled, add 1/2 cup of freshly-squeezed lemon juice to the hibiscus tea. Give everything another stir, and then pour the mixture into an ice cube tray. Place the tray in the freezer and freeze until solid.
Once the granita is frozen, remove from the tray and break into small chunks. Place the chunks in a blender, and blend until smooth. Place the blended mixture back into the ice cube tray and return to the freezer until solid.
To serve, scoop the granita into a bowl and garnish with fresh mint leaves and a lemon wedge.
What is the best way to serve this granita?
The best way to serve this hearty tarty hibiscus granita is to scoop it into glasses or bowls and top it with a dollop of freshly-whipped cream and a sprig of fresh mint. This granita, made with tart hibiscus and sweet cane sugar, makes a delicious and refreshing treat.
Not only is this granita easy to make, but it also looks beautiful when served. Its deep pink color and flecks of mint make it a perfect addition to a summertime gathering. Plus, it can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer for a quick and easy dessert.
To really impress your guests, try serving your granita with a surprise topping. Whether it’s a drizzle of dark chocolate or a sprinkle of chopped pistachios, the added sweetness and crunch of a topping will add an extra layer of flavor.
What are some variations of this granita you can make?
Making a Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita is a great way to beat the heat, and the best part is that you can make a variety of delicious frozen treats! Here are some of the options that you can explore:
- Traditional Hibiscus Granita: This is the classic version of a hibiscus granita, which is made with hibiscus tea, simple syrup, and lemon juice. Pour the ingredients into a 9×13 inch baking pan and place in the freezer. After one hour, use a fork to scrape the ice crystals that have formed and then freeze for three to four more hours.
- Tropical Hibiscus Granita: To make this variation of hibiscus granita, add 1/2 cup of fresh or canned pineapple chunks and 1/4 cup of shredded coconut to the traditional recipe. You can also add a splash of rum or vodka for an adult twist.
- Chocolate Hibiscus Granita: For a rich and decadent hibiscus granita, add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and 1/4 cup of coconut milk to the traditional recipe. If you want to make it even richer, try adding a half cup of chopped dark chocolate.
- Spicy Hibiscus Granita: For a unique twist on hibiscus granita, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the traditional recipe. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
Making a Hearty Tarty Hibiscus Granita isn’t just a great way to beat the heat, it’s also a great way to experiment with different flavors.