I’ve always loved the sweet and smoky flavor of grilled vegetables, and this recipe for Grilled Butternut Squash with Maple-Brown Sugar Glaze is one of my absolute favorites. The combination of the sweet glaze and the smokiness of the grill gives the squash a unique and flavorful twist. The caramelized glaze also adds a beautiful presentation to the dish, making it look as good as it tastes. Trust me, this recipe is sure to please any crowd!
Grilled Butternut Squash with Maple-Brown Sugar Glaze Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Start by prepping your butternut squash – grab a medium sized one and peel off the skin. Then, cut it into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a large bowl, then add your butternut squash slices and mix them around until each slice is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper onto the squash slices and give them another mix.
- Heat up your grill to medium-high heat and place the squash slices onto the grates. Let them cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- While your squash is cooking, add the maple syrup, light brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves into a small bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- When your squash has cooked for 10 minutes, brush the maple-brown sugar glaze onto both sides of your squash slices.
- Grill the squash for an additional 5-10 minutes, until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve your Grilled Butternut Squash with Maple-Brown Sugar Glaze and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 160
- Total fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 2g
What kind of flavors does the maple-brown sugar glaze bring to the dish?
The maple-brown sugar glaze that tops off this grilled butternut squash dish is truly magical! Its sweet and smoky flavor adds a whole new dimension to the dish, making it a real treat for any palate. The glaze features a unique blend of maple syrup and brown sugar, creating a complex yet balanced flavor. There’s a hint of smoke, a hint of sweetness, and a hint of nuttiness in every bite. Plus, the glaze caramelizes on the squash, creating a crisp, crunchy texture that pairs perfectly with the velvety squash.
What ingredients do you need to make the most delicious grilled butternut squash with maple-brown sugar glaze?
If you’re looking for a tasty, healthy side dish to make for your next special occasion or just for a regular weeknight dinner, look no further than grilled butternut squash with maple-brown sugar glaze. All you need are a few simple ingredients, a bit of time and a grill, and you’ll be munching on the most delicious grilled butternut squash in no time! Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
Butternut squash: of course, you’ll need some butternut squash – you’ll want to make sure it’s ripe and not too hard.
Maple syrup: you’ll need some pure maple syrup for the glaze, which will give the squash a nice sweet flavor.
Brown sugar: this will add a nice depth of flavor to the glaze.
Butter: you’ll need some butter for the glaze, which will help bind it all together.
Garlic: a bit of minced garlic will add some savory flavor.
Salt and pepper: a bit of salt and freshly ground pepper will bring out all the flavors of the glaze.
What are the benefits of grilling butternut squash?
Grilling butternut squash has many benefits – it’s a healthy way to enjoy this delicious vegetable! Here are some of the benefits of grilling butternut squash:
- It’s a healthier way to cook: Grilling butternut squash is a great way to cook it without adding any extra fat or oil. This helps to keep the squash light and healthy.
- It preserves the flavor: Grilling brings out the natural sweetness of the squash, and helps to preserve its flavor.
- It’s quick and easy: Grilling butternut squash is a simple and time-efficient way to cook it.
- It adds a smoky flavor: Grilling butternut squash gives it a smoky flavor that can’t be achieved any other way.
- It’s a great way to add variety to your diet: Grilling butternut squash is a great way to add variety to your diet, and to enjoy this delicious vegetable in a new and exciting way.
What tips can you provide for getting the perfect char on butternut squash?
Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat.
- Peel the butternut squash, then cut it into 1/2-inch slices.
- Once the squash is cut, brush each slice with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the slices on the hot grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side.
- Once the slices have cooked, brush them with the maple-brown sugar glaze and cook for another minute.
How does grilling butternut squash with a glaze compare to roasting it?
Grilling butternut squash with a glaze compared to roasting it is a completely different and delicious experience! The glaze caramelizes the squash, giving it an extra layer of flavor and texture that you don’t get when roasting. Here are some of the differences between the two cooking methods:
- Roasting butternut squash in the oven is a slower process, as the squash needs time to cook through properly. Grilling it with a glaze, however, provides quicker results.
- Grilling the squash with a glaze also helps to caramelize the sugars in the glaze, giving the squash a sweet and smoky flavor. Roasting it does not provide the same caramelization.
- Grilled butternut squash with a glaze is an easier way to get a restaurant-quality taste in your home kitchen. Roasting the squash requires more time and effort, as you have to keep an eye on it as it cooks.
Grilling butternut squash with a glaze is a great way to enjoy a delicious, restaurant-quality meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.