As an avocado lover, I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy this divinely creamy fruit. So when I heard about these Grilled Avocado and Veggie Tacos, I had to try them out for myself. I wasn’t disappointed—the smoky grilled avocados and the delicious combination of vegetables are enough to make this dish a family favorite. Plus, it’s easy to throw together, making it perfect for a weeknight meal. So fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy the most delicious tacos you’ll ever have!
Grilled Avocado and Veggie Tacos Recipe
- 3 avocados
- 3 small tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and diced red onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut the bell pepper into thin strips. Add the bell peppers to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the mashed avocado, cilantro, and juice of 1 lime.
- Place the tortillas on the preheated grill and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until lightly charred.
- Divide the avocado and veggie mixture among the tortillas. Top with crumbled feta cheese (optional) and remaining lime juice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Calories: 225, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 300mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 15%, Vitamin C: 30%, Calcium: 4%, Iron: 4%
What vegetables pair well with avocado for tacos?
When it comes to making delicious tacos with grilled avocado, there are a variety of vegetables that can be used in combination to add flavor and texture. Some of the best vegetables to pair with avocado for tacos include bell peppers, onions, jalapeños, garlic, mushrooms, and corn.
Bell peppers add a sweet and crunchy flavor to the tacos and can be cooked with the avocado for a few minutes to soften them up a bit. Onions are a classic taco topping and can be added either raw or cooked, depending on preference. For a spicy kick, jalapeños can be added either raw or cooked, although it’s best to seed them first to reduce the heat. Garlic adds an earthy flavor to the dish and can either be cooked with the avocado or added raw with the other vegetables. Mushrooms are a great way to add some additional texture and flavor to the tacos, while corn adds a hint of sweetness.
When layering the vegetables on the tacos, it’s best to start with the avocado and then layer the vegetables on top. This allows the vegetables to cook together and ensures that each bite is full of flavor. For an even tastier meal, top the tacos with some cheese, sour cream, and/or salsa.
What are the benefits of eating grilled avocado and veggie tacos?
The benefits of eating grilled avocado and veggie tacos are numerous. Here are some of the most noteworthy:
- Nutritional Value: Grilled avocado and veggie tacos are packed with vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. The avocados provide healthy fats and fiber, while the vegetables offer a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Low in Calories: Most grilled avocado and veggie tacos are relatively low in calories, making them a great option for those trying to watch their weight.
- Versatility: Grilled avocado and veggie tacos can be made with almost any combination of vegetables and other ingredients, making it easy to customize to individual tastes and dietary preferences.
- Quick and Easy: Grilled avocado and veggie tacos can be prepared quickly and easily, making them a great option for busy weeknights or last-minute meals.
- Delicious: Grilled avocado and veggie tacos are incredibly delicious and can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions or preferences.
- Affordable: Grilled avocado and veggie tacos are relatively affordable, making them a great option for anyone on a budget.
What are the best methods for grilling avocados and vegetables?
Grilling avocados and vegetables is an easy and flavorful way to enjoy tacos. The best methods for grilling avocados and vegetables involve lightly brushing them with oil, seasoning them with salt and pepper, and grilling them over medium-high heat.
When grilling avocados, it’s important to be gentle. Cut the avocado lengthwise and remove the pit. Lightly brush the avocado halves with oil and season them with salt and pepper. Place the avocado halves onto the hot grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side. Once the avocado halves are lightly charred and softened, carefully remove them from the grill and set aside.
Vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini can also be grilled for tacos. Begin by cutting the vegetables into evenly sized slices. Toss the vegetables in oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the vegetables onto the hot grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until the vegetables are lightly charred and softened.
Grilling avocados and vegetables for tacos is a simple and delicious way to enjoy them. By lightly brushing the avocados and vegetables with oil and seasoning them with salt and pepper, you can easily create an incredibly flavorful taco filling.
What condiments and seasonings make these tacos extra flavorful?
A variety of condiments and seasonings can make these grilled avocado and veggie tacos extra flavorful. To enhance their natural flavors, salsa, guacamole, hot sauce, and cilantro are great options. Garlic, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika can also give these tacos a spicy kick. Adding a squeeze of lime juice can provide a burst of citrus flavor.
Salsa is one of the most popular condiments for tacos. It typically consists of tomatoes, onions, peppers, and other ingredients that provide a flavorful blend of spices. Adding a dollop of salsa to each taco will give them a mild to moderate spicy kick.
Guacamole is a creamy condiment made from mashed avocados, onions, and other ingredients. It pairs well with grilled vegetables, and it can be used to top tacos or served as a side.
Hot sauce is another classic condiment for tacos. It can add a subtle heat to the tacos without overpowering the other flavors.
Cilantro is a herb that provides a fresh, earthy flavor. It is commonly used in Mexican cuisine, and it can be chopped and used to top tacos.
Garlic, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika can be added to the grilled vegetables to give them a spicy kick. Garlic and cumin are especially popular in Mexican cuisine, while chili powder and smoked paprika bring a smoky flavor.
A squeeze of lime juice can also give these tacos a burst of citrus flavor. It can be added just before serving or drizzled over the top of the tacos.
In conclusion, these grilled avocado and veggie tacos can be made extra flavorful with a variety of condiments and seasonings. Salsa, guacamole, hot sauce, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and lime juice are all great options.
What other creative ingredients can be added to grilled avocado and veggie tacos?
Grilled avocado and veggie tacos are a delicious and nutritious meal, perfect for any dinner! To make them extra special, there are many creative ingredients that can be added. Here are a few suggestions for ingredients to add to grilled avocado and veggie tacos:
- Cheese: Adding cheese to tacos is always a hit! Cheese adds a creamy texture and flavor to the tacos that pairs nicely with the crunchy vegetables. Try adding a sprinkle of shredded cheese or a dollop of feta cheese.
- Avocado Crema: For an extra creamy texture, try adding avocado crema! Avocado crema is made with mashed avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and a touch of garlic. It is extremely flavorful and pairs well with grilled avocados.
- Pico de Gallo: Pico de gallo is a classic Mexican condiment that adds a zesty flavor. It is usually made with diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice. Pico de gallo pairs well with the grilled veggie tacos, and makes for a delicious topping.
- Hot Sauce: For those who like it spicy, hot sauce is a great addition. Hot sauce adds a kick to the tacos, and is a great way to add flavor.
- Guacamole: Another creamy topping for tacos is guacamole! Guacamole is made with mashed avocados, lime juice, onions, and cilantro. It is a classic topping for tacos that adds a creamy texture and bright flavor.
These are just a few suggestions for ingredients that can be added to grilled avocado and veggie tacos.
What are the healthiest options for taco shells to use for grilled avocado and veggie tacos?
When it comes to creating healthy grilled avocado and veggie tacos, the best taco shells to use are whole grain tortillas, corn tortillas, or lettuce wraps. Each of these options offer a nutritious and delicious way to enjoy your tacos.
Whole grain tortillas are a great choice for grilled avocado and veggie tacos as they provide essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber. They are especially beneficial for those looking to increase their fiber intake and are available in both soft and crunchy shells. Look for whole grain tortillas that are made with 100% whole grains for maximum health benefits.
Corn tortillas are another healthy option for grilled avocado and veggie tacos. They are gluten-free, low in fat and calories, and provide a good source of carbohydrates. Look for organic, non-GMO corn tortillas to ensure maximum nutrition.
For those looking for a low-carb option, lettuce wraps are an excellent choice. They are a great way to enjoy tacos without the guilt, as lettuce is a nutrient-dense food that is low in calories and fat. Iceberg lettuce is a popular option for lettuce wraps, but you can also use romaine or butter lettuce.
No matter which taco shell you choose, grilled avocado and veggie tacos are a great way to get in your daily dose of nutrition. Enjoy these tacos with a variety of vegetables, such as bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms, for a delicious and nutritious meal.