Delicious Gridiron Sheet Cake Recipe
I love football season, and nothing gets me more ready to cheer on my favorite team than baking up a delicious Gridiron Sheet Cake! This moist and flavorful cake is the perfect treat to bring to a tailgate or watch party. It’s easy to make and always a hit with family and friends. Plus, the classic gridiron pattern is a fun way to show your team spirit! Let’s get baking!
Gridiron Sheet Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grab a 13×9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the melted butter and both types of sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- With a spatula, stir in the buttermilk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the Gridiron Sheet Cake to cool for 30 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 541
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Protein: 7g
- Sugar: 38g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 602mg
What are some of the most important ingredients needed to make a gridiron sheet cake?
If you are ready to make a delicious Gridiron Sheet Cake that will have your guests cheering, then there are a few important ingredients that you will need to get started. The first and most important is a box of devil’s food cake mix, which will serve as the base of your cake. The second is a package of chocolate frosting, which will be used to frost the outside of the cake. Third, you will need a can of chocolate frosting to be used as the filling for the cake. Finally, you will need a package of Oreo cookies to be crushed and sprinkled on top of the cake for extra flavor and texture.
What type of pan should you use to make a gridiron sheet cake?
When it comes to making a delicious gridiron sheet cake, the type of pan you use is key! You’ll want to use a large rectangular baking pan that is at least 9×13 inches in size. This will ensure that your cake will be big enough to feed a crowd of hungry fans!
For best results, look for a pan made of heavy-duty aluminum, which will evenly distribute the heat and ensure that your cake comes out with a perfectly golden brown crust. It’s also preferable to use a pan with a non-stick coating to make sure your cake won’t stick to the bottom.
Finally, it’s important to make sure that your pan is deep enough. A 1-inch depth is usually ideal, as it will prevent the cake from overflowing in the oven.
What are some of the best tips for decorating a gridiron sheet cake to make it look like a football field?
If you’re looking to make a gridiron sheet cake that looks like a football field, there are some great tips you can follow! Here’s what you need to know:
- Start by baking a regular chocolate cake according to the recipe. Once it’s done, let it cool before you start decorating.
- To create the football field, you’ll need to cut the cake into the right shape. Cut the cake into two rectangles that are the length of the sheet cake and two triangles for the two corners.
- Frost the cake in green or white icing, depending on the colors of the football field you’re trying to emulate.
- Add stripes of icing around the edge of the cake to create the lines of a football field.
- Next, use edible decorations such as chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and gumdrops to create the yard lines.
- Finish off the cake with a football-shaped cake topper and team colors.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator to chill until you’re ready to serve it.
What other equipment do you need to make a gridiron sheet cake?
When it comes to making a gridiron sheet cake, the only limit is your imagination! Whether you’re looking to recreate a classic football stadium or a more abstract design, you’ll need a few basic supplies to get the job done. Here are the essential tools you’ll need to create your masterpiece:
- A large baking sheet: For a gridiron sheet cake, you’ll need a baking sheet that’s at least 11×15 inches. Make sure you have one that’s non-stick, so your cake won’t stick to it!
- Cake mix: You’ll need a cake mix that’s large enough to fill your baking sheet, or you can make your own from scratch.
- Icing: You’ll need icing to hold the cake together and to decorate it. Make sure it’s thick enough to hold your design in place.
- Food coloring: If you want to get creative and make your gridiron sheet cake look like a real football field, you’ll need food coloring. Green for the grass and brown for the dirt.
- Decorations: Make your gridiron sheet cake extra special by adding decorations like little footballs, helmets, and other accessories.
With these essential tools, you’ll be able to create your very own gridiron sheet cake.
How long will it take to prepare and bake a gridiron sheet cake?
It won’t take long to get your Gridiron Sheet Cake ready for the big game! All you need is about an hour and fifteen minutes of your time to make this delicious and show-stopping dessert.
The preparation process is easy and doesn’t require any special baking skills. Start by gathering all the ingredients you’ll need, including butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cake flour. Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking sheet with butter.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Add in the baking powder and vanilla extract and mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Finally, slowly mix in the cake flour until the batter is smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet and spread it out evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Your Gridiron Sheet Cake is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it on game day with some ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for a truly special treat.