I’m always on the lookout for new and creative pancake recipes to make for my family, and this Greek Yogurt Blueberry-Lemon Pancake recipe has quickly become one of our favorites! The combination of sweet blueberries, tart lemons and creamy Greek yogurt makes this recipe irresistibly delicious. The pancakes are fluffy, light and bursting with flavor. I’m confident that your family will love this recipe as much as mine does – give it a try today!
Greek Yogurt Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes Recipe
10 . mins
5 per side mins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Start your morning off right with these delicious Greek Yogurt Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes! Gather the necessary ingredients for this recipe: 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 2 large eggs, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup blueberries, 1 tablespoon lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Heat a greased skillet on medium-high heat.
- Using a ladle, scoop the batter onto the skillet to form pancakes.
- Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Serve your pancakes with a side of your favorite syrup and enjoy!
- With a total preparation and cooking time of only 25 minutes, these Greek Yogurt Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes are the perfect way to start your morning!
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 14g
- Sodium: 434mg
- Sugar: 12g
What makes blueberries and lemons a great flavor combination?
Blueberries and lemons are a match made in heaven! The tart and acidic flavor of the lemon perfectly complements the sweet, juicy blueberries. That’s why this flavor combination is a favorite for many recipes, including Greek yogurt blueberry-lemon pancakes. The lemon gives the pancakes a burst of flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the blueberries. The end result is a fluffy, delicious pancake that’s an absolute treat!
The combination of blueberries and lemons is also a great way to add a healthy boost to your favorite dishes. Blueberries are a nutritious superfood packed with antioxidants, while lemons are a great source of Vitamin C. Together, they make a great addition to a balanced meal.
Plus, the combination of blueberries and lemons is so versatile – you can use it in a variety of recipes. From muffins and pancakes to smoothies and parfaits, the possibilities are endless!
No matter how you use it, the combination of blueberries and lemons is sure to be a hit. The contrast of sweet and tart is an unbeatable flavor combination that’s hard to resist.
What type of greek yogurt is best to use in this recipe?
If you’re looking to make the best possible Greek Yogurt Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes, then you’ll want to use full-fat Greek yogurt – no exceptions! Sure, you could use low-fat or nonfat Greek yogurt, but the pancakes won’t have that same rich, creamy texture that you get with full-fat. Plus, you’ll be missing out on all the health benefits of the high-quality fats found in full-fat Greek yogurt.
What are some of the health benefits of greek yogurt?
Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, providing up to 17 grams per serving. This can help keep you feeling full and energized throughout the day. Plus, it contains less fat than regular yogurt, so it’s a healthy choice for weight control.
- Greek yogurt is also a good source of calcium, with up to 20% of your daily value in one serving. Calcium is important for strong bones, teeth, and muscles.
- Greek yogurt contains probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that help maintain a healthy digestive system. Probiotics can also reduce inflammation, which can help protect against certain diseases.
- Greek yogurt is packed with vitamins, including B2, B12, and D. Vitamin B2 helps turn food into energy, while B12 helps keep your nervous system functioning. Vitamin D is essential for a healthy immune system.
- Greek yogurt is also low in sugar and sodium, making it a healthy snack option. The natural sweetness of blueberry-lemon paired with the tartness of Greek yogurt makes for a delicious and guilt-free treat.
What tips and tricks can you use to make this recipe a success?
Have everything prepped and ready to go before you start cooking. Gather all your ingredients, measure them out, and have your pans ready to go.
- Whisk your wet ingredients together first before adding the dry ingredients. This helps ensure that your wet ingredients are evenly mixed and will create a smoother batter.
- Don’t overmix the batter. A few lumps are fine, as this will help ensure that your pancakes stay light and fluffy.
- Heat a nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Add a tablespoon of butter or oil to the pan and let it melt before pouring in your batter.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes until small bubbles form around the edges before flipping.
- Serve your pancakes with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a sprinkle of fresh blueberries, and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
What is the best way to combine greek yogurt, blueberries, and lemons?
The best way to combine greek yogurt, blueberries, and lemons is by making Greek Yogurt Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes! This delicious and healthy breakfast recipe is sure to become a family favorite. The combination of tart lemon and sweet blueberries perfectly complements the tanginess of the greek yogurt, making for a truly unique and flavorful experience.
To make Greek Yogurt Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes, start by combining the dry ingredients in a bowl. This includes 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. In a separate bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups of greek yogurt, 1 cup of whole milk, 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
Fold in 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries and let the batter rest for 10 minutes. Heat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Grease the pan with butter or oil and pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Serve with extra lemon wedges, a drizzle of honey, and a dollop of greek yogurt.
What makes these pancakes different than other pancake recipes?
These Greek Yogurt Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes are unlike any other pancake recipe out there! For starters, they use Greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt or buttermilk, making them a protein-packed, healthy alternative. Adding a zesty twist, the pancakes are also made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and zest. The combination of tart lemon with sweet blueberries is truly unique and delicious! The pancakes are also made with rolled oats and almond flour, giving them a unique crunch and texture.
What are some delicious toppings and sides to pair with greek yogurt blueberry-lemon pancakes?
When it comes to Greek yogurt blueberry-lemon pancakes, the possibilities for delicious toppings and sides are endless! From creamy Greek yogurt and honey to crunchy nuts and sweet berries, there are plenty of mouth-watering options to choose from. Here are some of our favorite toppings and sides to pair with these flavorful pancakes.
For a sweet and tangy touch, drizzle freshly squeezed lemon juice over the pancakes. To make them extra special, top them with a spoonful of Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey. You can also add a handful of fresh blueberries for an extra pop of flavor.
For a crunchy side, try freshly chopped walnuts or pecans. You can also add a dollop of peanut butter for some added protein. For a touch of sweetness, top the pancakes with a sprinkle of brown sugar or a spoonful of chopped banana.
For an even heartier side, serve the pancakes with a side of scrambled eggs and a slice of bacon. You can also pair the pancakes with a side of roasted potatoes or a mixed greens salad.
No matter how you choose to serve it, Greek yogurt blueberry-lemon pancakes are sure to be a hit.