Delicious Grandma’S Rice Pudding – Perfect Dessert For Any Occasion
I have fond memories of visiting my grandmother and being welcomed into her kitchen with the smell of her famous rice pudding. I remember watching in awe as she carefully stirred the creamy mixture in her old pot, adding a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. Every bite was a warm, comforting hug that lasted long after dinner was over. Grandma’s rice pudding truly is a special treat, and I’m excited to share her recipe with you.
Grandma’s Rice Pudding Recipe
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 3 ½ cups of whole milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup of raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked white rice, 3 ½ cups of whole milk, ½ cup white sugar, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat 2 large eggs.
- Gently fold the beaten eggs into the other ingredients in the large bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup of raisins, if desired.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until the pudding is set and starting to brown on top.
- Let the pudding cool for 15 minutes and then serve warm. Enjoy Grandma’s Rice Pudding!
- Calories: 288
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Sodium: 58mg
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 23g
- Protein: 6g
What makes grandma’s rice pudding so special?
Grandma’s rice pudding is special because it’s made with love. Grandma’s recipe is like no other, taking the simple ingredients of rice, milk, sugar, and spices, and transforming them into a delicious, sweet treat. The secret behind Grandma’s recipe is not just the combination of ingredients, but the technique of stirring those ingredients together. Grandma’s technique is what makes all the difference and gives her rice pudding that extra something special.
Grandma’s technique involves stirring the ingredients together slowly and deliberately, taking time to ensure everything is evenly combined. She also takes care to add the ingredients in the right order, starting with the cooked rice and adding the other ingredients gradually. Grandma also adds a pinch of her own special blend of spices, which gives her rice pudding a unique flavor that can’t be replicated.
Grandma’s rice pudding is also special because it’s a recipe that has been passed down through generations. It’s a tradition that has been kept alive in her family and is a reminder of all the love and care that has gone into making it over the years. Every bite of Grandma’s rice pudding carries with it a reminder of family, love, and warmth.
Grandma’s rice pudding is truly special and something that can’t be replicated. It has the perfect combination of love, technique, and tradition that make it something truly special.
What tips and tricks can you use to make sure your rice pudding turns out perfect every time?
Always use short-grain rice like Arborio or pudding rice. These varieties have more starch, which makes for a creamier, thicker pudding.
- When you add the milk, use warm milk instead of cold. Warm milk helps the pudding set more quickly and evenly.
- Don’t forget to add a pinch of salt. It helps bring out the flavor of the pudding and also helps it set properly.
- Don’t stir too vigorously. Stirring too much can make your pudding turn out too mushy.
- Make sure to simmer the pudding on low heat. If the heat is too high, the pudding will scorch and become lumpy.
- Let the pudding cool completely before serving. This will help it set properly, and it will be easier to scoop into portions.
- If you want to add a bit of flavor, try sprinkling in some cinnamon and nutmeg or adding a bit of vanilla extract.
- For an extra creamy pudding, add an egg or two to the mixture when you add the milk.
How do you know when your rice pudding is done?
You’ll know your rice pudding is done when it’s soft, creamy, and a little bit sticky!
- Place a spoon in the center of the pudding, and if it comes out coated in a thick, creamy texture, then you know your pudding is ready.
- The color of the pudding should be a light golden brown.
- You’ll also be able to tell when your pudding is done by the aroma; it should smell sweet, creamy, and comforting.
- Additionally, you should be able to easily stir the pudding with a spoon and it should be thick enough to hold its shape.
- Finally, if you’re using a recipe, follow the instructions for cooking time and temperature.
What are the key ingredients that make this recipe a family favorite?
Grandma’s Rice Pudding is a family favorite for a reason! This delicious dessert is made with a handful of simple ingredients that come together to make something truly special. The key ingredients that make this recipe a family favorite are creamy milk and rice, warm cinnamon and nutmeg, a hint of vanilla, and a generous helping of love.
The milk and rice are the foundation of the pudding, giving it its creamy and comforting texture. The warm spices of cinnamon and nutmeg add a sweet, homey flavor that everyone loves. The vanilla extract brings out the other flavors and adds a touch of sweetness. Finally, the love added to every batch is what really makes this pudding so special.
Grandma’s Rice Pudding is a classic recipe that is sure to be a hit with your family. The simple ingredients come together to create a delicious dessert that is sure to be a favorite for years to come.
How can you serve grandma’s rice pudding to make it an extra special treat?
Serving Grandma’s rice pudding to make it an extra special treat is easy! One of the best ways to do it is to top it with a sprinkle of cinnamon. This adds a subtle sweetness and warmth to the pudding, making it even more delicious. You can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream, which adds a rich creaminess that balances out the sweet and savory flavors. Finally, adding a few fresh berries or a sprinkle of colorfully-hued chopped nuts can add a festive touch that will be sure to impress your guests.