I have been baking my famous Glazed Lemon-Cream Cheese Cookies for years, and they have become a staple in our family gatherings. The tangy lemon glaze pairs perfectly with the creamy cream cheese dough, making these cookies a hit with everyone. The aroma of freshly baked lemon-cream cheese cookies always brings a smile to my face, and I know that when I serve these at my next gathering, they will be the star of the show!
Glazed Lemon-Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the granulated sugar and beat until combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat until combined.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, mixing until a dough forms.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and roll into balls. Place on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- While the cookies are baking, mix together the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Once the cookies have finished baking, remove from the oven and let cool for 8 minutes.
- Dip each cookie in the glaze and place on a cooling rack to allow the glaze to set. Enjoy your delicious glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies!
- Calories: 318 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 73 mg
- Sodium: 229 mg
- Potassium: 24 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 23 g
- Vitamin A: 590 IU
- Vitamin C: 2.5 mg
- Calcium: 29 mg
- Iron: 1.1 mg
What makes glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies a unique dessert?
Glazed Lemon-Cream Cheese Cookies are unique because they combine two classic flavors – lemon and cream cheese – into one delicious cookie! The zesty lemon flavor of the cookie pairs perfectly with the creamy, sweet cream cheese frosting to create a delightful balance of flavors. The glaze also helps to add a beautiful shine and sweetness to the cookies. Plus, the combination of flavors makes these cookies a great choice for any occasion – from an afternoon snack to a special dessert.
What are the ingredients you need to make glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies?
If you’re looking for a delicious lemon-y treat to end your day, glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies are the perfect choice! To make them, you’ll need some basic baking ingredients like flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar, as well as butter, cream cheese, eggs, and of course, lemon zest and juice. You’ll also need powdered sugar and milk to make the glaze.
To get started, begin by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and greasing a baking sheet. Then, in a bowl, combine the dry ingredients: 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
In a separate bowl, cream together 1/2 cup softened butter and 4 ounces cream cheese. When well combined, add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest. Beat until fluffy.
Next, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until well blended. Drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
While the cookies are cooling, prepare the glaze by combining 1 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of milk. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies.
How do you make the glaze for these cookies?
Making the Glaze for Glazed Lemon-Cream Cheese Cookies is super easy! Here’s what you need to do:
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups of powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Add a pinch of salt, and stir everything together until it forms a thick glaze.
- Once your glaze is ready, use a spoon or a pastry brush to spread it over the cookies.
- Let the glaze set before serving the cookies.
What tips do you have for making sure the cookies are perfectly glazed?
Start by making sure to evenly mix the glaze ingredients together. This will ensure you get a smooth and consistent glaze on your cookies.
- Use a spoon to evenly spread the glaze over the cooled cookies. Make sure to get the glaze all the way to the edges for a perfect coating.
- Allow the glaze to set for several minutes before serving. This will help the glaze stick and create a beautiful glossy finish.
- If you want an extra glaze layer, you can repeat the glazing process after the glaze has set.
- For an extra pop of flavor, try adding a few drops of fresh lemon juice or zest to the glaze.
- For a unique presentation, consider adding a few crushed nuts or sprinkles to the top of the glaze.
- To make the glaze last longer, you can brush a thin layer of melted butter over the glaze when it’s still wet. This will help the glaze stay glossy and prevent it from cracking.
What is the most important step in the recipe for glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies?
The most important step in the recipe for glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies is to cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar together. This step is essential because it combines the ingredients and creates a smooth, creamy texture that the other ingredients will cling to. This texture will also help the cookies to better absorb the flavors of the other ingredients and hold their shape while baking. To get the most out of this step, be sure to use a hand or stand mixer to cream the ingredients together until they are light and fluffy.
What other variations can you make with the basic recipe for glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies?
Yes! With the basic recipe for glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies, the possibilities are practically endless! Here are just a few variations that you can try:
- Add some chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, to the cookie dough mixture before baking. This will add a nice crunchy texture to the cookies.
- Increase the amount of lemon in the glaze by adding some lemon zest for an extra punch of flavor.
- For a fun twist, mix some food coloring into the glaze before you brush it onto the cookies. Using different colors will give the cookies a unique and vibrant appearance.
- Add some cinnamon to the cookie dough mixture for an extra hint of warmth and spice.
- Substitute orange juice and zest for the lemon juice and zest for a delicious orange-flavored cookie.
With these variations, you can create your own unique version of glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies that your friends and family will love.
What are some other recipes that can be used to make a great dessert featuring glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies?
If you’re looking for a delicious dessert featuring glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies, there are plenty of other recipes you can try! From puddings and pies to cobblers and trifles, you can create a range of delightful desserts with these tasty cookies. Here are some recipes to get you started:
- Lemon-Cream Cheese Trifle – Layer up glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies with lemon curd and whipped cream for a delectable trifle everyone will enjoy!
- Lemon-Cream Cheese Pudding – This creamy pudding features glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies for a refreshingly sweet treat.
- Lemon-Cream Cheese Cobbler – Take your glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies to the next level with this easy-to-make cobbler recipe.
- Lemon-Cream Cheese Pie – You can’t go wrong with this classic lemon-cream cheese pie, where the glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies take center stage.
- Glazed Lemon-Cream Cheese Cake – This show-stopping cake is made with layers of glazed lemon-cream cheese cookies and cream cheese frosting.