Deliciously Sweet Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins
I’m always on the lookout for a delicious, simple, and eye-catching muffin recipe, and these Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins are my absolute favorite! The soft, buttery texture and the sweet, tart glaze make these muffins incredibly flavorful. Plus, the fresh blueberries add a juicy, fruity burst of flavor with every bite. It’s a truly heavenly combination that’s sure to put a smile on anyone’s face!
Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the 1 cup of granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 cup of milk, and ¼ cup of melted butter until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries and mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Brush the tops of the muffins with the glaze and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 360
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 53g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars 29g
- Protein: 7g
What makes these glazed lemon blueberry muffins so special?
These glazed lemon blueberry muffins are so special because they’re packed with a delicious combination of sweet and tart flavors. The muffins are made with a zesty lemon cake mix, fresh blueberries, and are topped with a sweet glaze. The tartness of the lemon pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the blueberries, while the glaze adds the perfect finishing touch.
Taking a bite into these muffins will leave you feeling like you’re in heaven. The combination of the moist lemon cake and juicy blueberries is sure to please your taste buds. And when you top it off with the creamy glaze, it’s a flavor party in your mouth.
These muffins are so easy to make, too. All you need are a few simple ingredients and you’ll have a batch of glazed lemon blueberry muffins ready in no time. Plus, they make for a great snack or a delicious dessert. So why wait? Make these muffins today and you’ll see why they’re so special.
What are the key ingredients needed to make these tasty muffins?
Making these delicious Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins is incredibly easy! All you need are a few simple ingredients and you’ll be well on your way to enjoying a tasty treat. The key ingredients you need are: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, butter, white sugar, eggs, buttermilk, lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract, and blueberries.
To make these muffins, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time, beating until each one is fully incorporated.
In a third bowl, mix together the buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract. Then, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix, or your muffins will be tough.
Finally, fold in the blueberries. Grease a muffin tin or line it with cupcake liners, and spoon the batter into each cup. Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before drizzling them with a glaze of your choice.
What tips can you give on how to make the most of the glaze?
Making the most of the glaze on your Lemon Blueberry Muffins is easy and delicious! Here are some tips to make your muffins extra special:
- Make sure your muffins are completely cooled before glazing. If your muffins are still warm, the glaze will melt and won’t stick to the muffins.
- For a thicker glaze, use a ratio of 2 parts powdered sugar to 1 part liquid. For a thinner glaze, use a ratio of 1 part powdered sugar to 1 part liquid.
- If you want your muffins to look extra special, you can use some food coloring to tint the glaze.
- You can also add some spices and herbs to the glaze for an interesting flavor. Try adding some ground cinnamon, cardamom, or chopped lemon zest.
- Don’t forget to garnish! Add some blueberries, lemon zest, or nuts to make your muffins look even more appetizing.
By following these tips, you’ll have delicious, beautiful Lemon Blueberry Muffins with the perfect glaze.
How can you best prepare the muffin batter for these muffins?
It’s easy to make delicious Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins that everyone will love! To get the best results, you’ll want to take extra care when preparing the muffin batter. Here are some helpful tips and tricks to ensure your muffins turn out perfect every time:
- Use room temperature ingredients. For the best results, you’ll want to make sure your ingredients are all at room temperature. This includes eggs, butter, and lemon juice.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately. Start by combining the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, and sugar in one bowl. Then mix the wet ingredients like eggs, butter, and lemon juice in a separate bowl. Once those are combined, you can add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing the batter can result in tough muffins, so you’ll want to be sure to mix until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries. Once the batter is mixed, fold in the blueberries very gently. If you’re using frozen blueberries, you may want to dust them lightly with flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
What is the best way to combine the lemon and blueberry flavors for maximum effect?
The best way to combine the lemon and blueberry flavors for maximum effect in glazed lemon blueberry muffins is to use freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh, ripe blueberries. The tartness of the lemon juice pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the blueberries and adds a refreshing zing to the muffins.
To get the most out of the flavors, you should start with a light and fluffy batter. You can make the batter either by hand or with a stand mixer, but make sure to sift the dry ingredients together first. After the batter is made, fold in the blueberries and the freshly squeezed lemon juice. The combination of the two ingredients together will give the muffins a bright flavor.
Once the batter is ready to go, you can start adding it to muffin tins. Before baking, you can brush or spray the tops of the muffins with melted butter and sprinkle sugar on top for added sweetness and crunch. Finally, finish off the muffins with a simple glaze made from lemon juice and powdered sugar. This glaze will bring out the citrus flavor of the muffins and add a smooth and creamy texture.
By combining the tartness of the lemon juice with the sweetness of the blueberries, you can make the perfect glazed lemon blueberry muffins.
How can you ensure the muffins turn out moist and fluffy every time?
You can ensure that your glazed lemon blueberry muffins turn out moist and fluffy every time by following these easy steps! First, use room temperature butter and eggs. This will help to create a fluffy texture in your muffins. Second, make sure to measure your ingredients correctly. Too much or too little flour can make your muffins dense and dry. Third, use a light hand when mixing the batter; overmixing can make the muffins tough. Finally, use a light touch when adding the blueberries to the batter – gently fold them in to keep them from breaking apart.
What other treats can you make with these glazed lemon blueberry muffins?
You can make so many delicious treats with those glazed lemon blueberry muffins! Beyond just eating them fresh out of the oven, you can make muffin sundaes, muffin bread pudding, or even muffin french toast.
For muffin sundaes, it’s as simple as taking a few of your freshly baked muffins and crumbling them into a bowl. Top with a scoop of your favorite ice cream, a drizzle of your favorite sauce and some sprinkles, and you have a quick and easy treat.
Muffin bread pudding is a great way to use up any leftover muffins. Slice the muffins into cubes and toss them in a bowl with some eggs, cream, and your favorite spices. Bake until golden and serve with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of syrup.
For muffin french toast, dip your muffins into a mixture of eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Fry in a pan until golden, and serve with fresh fruit, a drizzle of syrup, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
You can also use the muffins to make a delicious trifle. Layer cubes of muffins with fresh berries and a creamy custard, and top with a sprinkle of nuts.