I’ve been making this German Shrimp Pasta Salad for years, ever since I tasted it for the first time at a friend’s house. I’m always amazed at how the simple combination of shrimp, pasta, and a few other ingredients creates a light, flavorful dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Every time I make it, I’m reminded why I love it so much – the taste is irresistible! I’m sure you’ll love it too. Let’s get cooking!
German Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces of uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked and peeled shrimp
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Great, let’s make German Shrimp Pasta Salad! Let’s start by gathering up all the ingredients. You’ll need 8 ounces of uncooked linguine, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce, 2 cups cooked and peeled shrimp, 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup sliced celery, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 2 tablespoons capers, drained, and 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds.
- Now it’s time to prep all the ingredients. Cook the linguine according to package directions, drain and set aside. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, cooked shrimp, cherry tomatoes, celery, parsley, red onion, capers, and almonds.
- Add the cooked linguine to the bowl with the other ingredients and pour in the olive oil mixture.
- Toss everything together until all the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Serve the German Shrimp Pasta Salad with a big smile and enjoy!
- Calories: 510 kcal
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
- Sodium: 1245mg
- Sugar: 4g
What is german shrimp pasta salad?
German Shrimp Pasta Salad is a delicious and delightful dish that is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen! This unique and flavorful dish combines the tastes of a traditional German potato salad with the freshness of shrimp and pasta. It’s a delicious and creative combination of flavors that will leave you wanting more!
To make this amazing salad, you’ll need cooked shrimp, cooked pasta, red onion, celery, dill pickles, and mayonnaise. The shrimp and pasta are combined with the other ingredients and tossed in the mayonnaise. Then, the salad is garnished with fresh dill and served chilled for a light and refreshing meal.
It’s a great salad for summer since it can be made ahead and served cold. It’s a simple and unique dish that can be enjoyed any time of year. This delicious and flavorful salad is sure to be a hit at any gathering or party.
What type of pasta is used in german shrimp pasta salad?
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious addition to your summer BBQ spread, then German Shrimp Pasta Salad is the perfect dish for you! This classic German summer dish uses a specific type of pasta: farfalle. Farfalle is a type of pasta, shaped like a bowtie or butterfly, that is perfect for holding the flavors of the dish.
The farfalle pasta in German Shrimp Pasta Salad adds a unique texture and flavor to the dish. It’s light and airy, and soaks up the creamy dressing perfectly. Plus, it’s a fun shape, so it looks great on the plate!
The farfalle pasta also helps to keep the shrimp, vegetables, and dressing all together in one delicious bite. The slightly chewy texture of the pasta helps to contrast against the crunchy vegetables and juicy shrimp. And because farfalle pasta is larger than most other pastas, it can hold more of the delicious dressing on every bite.
So, if you want to make the perfect German Shrimp Pasta Salad, the type of pasta you need is farfalle! It adds flavor, texture, and keeps the ingredients together for a delicious, summery dish.
What are the benefits of eating german shrimp pasta salad?
Have you been looking for a delicious yet healthy meal? Look no further than German shrimp pasta salad! This dish is full of flavor, packed with nutrients, and easy to make. Here are some of the amazing benefits of eating German shrimp pasta salad:
- Perfect Balance of Flavor and Nutrition: German shrimp pasta salad is a great way to get a balanced meal. It combines the delicious flavors of garlic, dill, and lemon with the nutritious benefits of shrimp, pasta, and vegetables.
- Quick and Easy: German shrimp pasta salad is a breeze to whip up. All you have to do is mix the ingredients together and you’re done! Plus, it’s a dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold, so it’s perfect for any time of the year.
- Versatile: German shrimp pasta salad can be dressed up or down depending on your tastes. Add more herbs or spices for a bolder flavor, or keep it simple with a light dressing.
- Packed with Vitamins and Minerals: German shrimp pasta salad is chock full of vitamins and minerals. Shrimp is high in protein, vitamins B12 and B6, magnesium, and zinc, while pasta is a good source of carbohydrates. The vegetables in the salad are also packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Heart-Healthy: German shrimp pasta salad is a great choice for those looking to keep their heart healthy. The proteins, vitamins, and minerals in the dish work together to reduce cholesterol levels and protect the heart.
German shrimp pasta salad is a great way to get a healthy and delicious meal. With its perfect balance of flavor and nutrition, quick and easy preparation, versatility, and heart-healthy benefits, it’s no wonder why German shrimp pasta salad is a favorite dish.
What ingredients are needed to make german shrimp pasta salad?
If you’re looking to make a delicious German shrimp pasta salad, you’ll need a few key ingredients. To make this flavorful and savory dish, you’ll need shrimp, pasta, mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, capers, celery, red onion, and parsley.
Shrimp is the star of this dish, so make sure to get the freshest shrimp you can find. You’ll want to cook the shrimp first before adding it to the salad. To do this, season the shrimp with some salt and pepper and cook it in a skillet over medium-high heat until they turn pink, about 3 minutes per side.
For the pasta portion of the salad, you’ll need a good quality spaghetti, such as a whole-grain or spinach variety. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package and once it’s cooked, rinse it in cold water to stop the cooking process.
Mayonnaise is the main dressing for the salad. To make it, mix together mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and dill in a bowl. You can adjust the measurements of the ingredients to your taste.
To add flavor and texture to the salad, add in capers, celery, red onion, and parsley. Chop all the ingredients before adding them to the salad.
Once all the ingredients are prepped and added to the salad, stir everything together and chill for at least an hour before serving.
How long does it take to make german shrimp pasta salad?
It only takes about 30 minutes to make a delicious German shrimp pasta salad! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a tasty, mouth-watering dish ready in no time.
This tasty dish combines the delicious flavors of shrimp, pasta and vegetables. The shrimp adds a wonderful, savory flavor that pairs perfectly with the vegetables and the pasta adds a great texture to the dish. The vegetables provide a wonderful crunch and a delicious flavor that makes this dish a hit every time.
To make the German shrimp pasta salad, you will need shrimp, cooked pasta, red bell pepper, cucumber, celery, red onion, and a vinaigrette dressing. Start by preparing the vegetables by dicing the red pepper, cucumber, celery, and red onion. Then, cook the pasta according to the package instructions and let it cool.
Once the vegetables and pasta are prepped, it’s time to assemble the salad. Start by combining the cooked pasta, vegetables, and shrimp in a large bowl. Then, add the vinaigrette and mix until everything is evenly coated. Finally, you can serve the salad as is or you can add additional ingredients like olives and feta cheese.
Making a German shrimp pasta salad is a great way to enjoy a delicious, healthy meal in just a few minutes. Give it a try today and see how easy it is to make a tasty dish that your family will love.
How can you make german shrimp pasta salad even more delicious?
You can make German shrimp pasta salad even more delicious by adding fresh herbs, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese! Herbs like parsley, basil, and dill will take the flavor of the salad to the next level. A squeeze of lemon juice will add a touch of brightness and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese will add a salty, nutty flavor.