I’ve been making this delicious fried rice with tofu for years, and it never fails to impress my family and friends. It’s a go-to dish that’s simple to make, and always delivers on flavor. The combination of vegetables, tofu, and savory spices makes for a hearty and satisfying meal. Plus, it’s easy on the wallet, making it a perfect meal for those on a budget. Whether you use it to make an impressive family dinner, or a quick weeknight meal, this fried rice with tofu is sure to satisfy!
Fried Rice with Tofu Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Fried Rice with Tofu
- Let’s get started on this delicious fried rice with tofu! Here’s what you’ll need:
- tablespoons vegetable oil
- cloves garlic, minced
- tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- red bell pepper, diced
- cup frozen peas and carrots
- /2 cup diced onion
- /4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- /4 teaspoon sesame oil
- teaspoon sugar
- cups cooked white rice
- ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Let’s get cooking! Start by heating the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger and red bell pepper, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Next, add the peas and carrots, diced onion, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar, and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the cooked white rice and cubed tofu to the skillet. Stir-fry everything together until everything is heated through. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Finally, stir in the chopped cilantro leaves.
- And that’s it! Your fried rice with tofu is ready to enjoy. It should take you about 20 minutes of preparation time, and 20 minutes of cooking time, with an additional 10 minutes of standing time. Now enjoy this delicious fried rice with tofu!
- Calories: 431 kcal
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Sodium: 1031 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Why fried rice is the perfect dish for busy weeknights?
Fried rice is the perfect solution for busy weeknights! Not only is it quick and easy to make, it’s also healthy and packed with flavor. With the right ingredients and a few simple techniques, you can whip up a delicious meal in no time.
Fried rice with tofu is a great option for those looking for a vegan or vegetarian dish. The combination of fried rice and tofu is a classic one, and a great way to get your daily dose of protein while also enjoying a delicious meal. The tofu adds texture and a meaty flavor to the dish, while the fried rice gives it a nice crunch and a savory flavor.
The best part about fried rice is that you can customize it however you want. Whether you want to add extra veggies, swap out the tofu for chicken, or keep it simple with just rice and soy sauce, it’s totally up to you. The versatility of this dish makes it ideal for busy weeknights.
When it comes to fried rice with tofu, the key is to start with high-quality ingredients. Make sure to use fresh vegetables and firm tofu, which will give the dish a nice texture and flavor. Once you have your ingredients ready, it’s time to get cooking! Start by sautéing the vegetables and tofu together in a pan with a bit of oil. Once they’re cooked through, add in the cooked rice and stir to combine. Finally, add in your favorite soy sauce and seasonings and you’re done!
Fried rice with tofu is the perfect solution for busy weeknights. Not only is it quick and easy to make, it’s also healthy and packed with flavor. With the right ingredients and a few simple techniques, you can whip up a delicious meal in no time.
What makes fried rice with tofu stand out from other types of fried rice?
Fried rice with tofu stands out from other types of fried rice because of its unique flavor combination and its beneficial health properties. This type of fried rice blends the classic savory flavors of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger with the subtle sweetness of tofu and rice, giving it a robust flavor that can’t be replicated in other types of fried rice. Additionally, the tofu provides a high-quality source of plant-based protein, making it a great option for vegetarian and vegan diets. Furthermore, fried rice with tofu is also a great source of iron, Vitamin B6, and magnesium. All of these health benefits make fried rice with tofu a unique and healthier option compared to other types of fried rice.
How can you make fried rice with tofu healthier?
Yes, you can make fried rice with tofu healthier! Here are some tips to help you out.
First, replace white rice with brown rice. Brown rice is higher in fiber, protein, and essential vitamins and minerals than white rice. And, it’s just as delicious when it’s fried.
Second, cut down on the amount of oil you use. You don’t need to use a lot to make fried rice, so just a light coat of oil in the pan should be enough. This will help you keep the calorie and fat content of your fried rice to a minimum.
Third, add lots of vegetables. You can stir in some chopped peppers, broccoli, or mushrooms to give your fried rice a nutritional boost. You can also add some frozen vegetables to the pan, which are just as nutritious as fresh vegetables but much quicker to prepare.
Finally, switch out your regular tofu for extra-firm tofu. This type of tofu is higher in protein and lower in fat. It also holds its shape better when it’s fried, so it’s the perfect addition to your fried rice.
By following these tips, you can make your fried rice with tofu healthier without compromising on flavor.
What are the key ingredients and techniques for making the best fried rice with tofu?
Making the best fried rice with tofu requires a few key ingredients and simple techniques. To make this classic dish, you’ll need cooked rice, tofu, vegetables, oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, and some spices. To begin, heat the oil in a large pan and stir-fry the tofu until golden. Then, add the vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Next, add the cooked rice, sesame oil, soy sauce, and spices. Stir-fry everything together for another 2-3 minutes. Finally, taste and adjust the seasoning with more soy sauce, salt, or pepper if desired.
What are creative ways to customize your fried rice with tofu to your personal taste?
Customizing your fried rice with tofu is a great way to make the dish your own! There are many different ways to make your fried rice with tofu uniquely yours, so let’s explore some creative options.
One way to customize your fried rice with tofu is to choose different types of vegetables and mix them in. Carrots, corn, bell peppers, peas, and mushrooms are all popular options. You can also add in some diced onions, garlic, and ginger for extra flavour.
Another way to customize your fried rice with tofu is to experiment with different types of sauces. Traditional soy sauce gives your fried rice with tofu a classic flavour, but for something new try incorporating hoisin sauce, peanut butter, or sesame oil.
You can also customize your fried rice with tofu by adding in different types of tofu. Silken tofu, firm tofu, and extra firm tofu are all possible options! You can also try adding in some crispy tofu for a crunchy texture.
Finally, you can give your fried rice with tofu a burst of flavour by adding in some fresh herbs. Cilantro, parsley, and chives are all great options that will make your fried rice with tofu stand out.
These are just a few creative ways to customize your fried rice with tofu to your personal taste.
What side dishes pair well with fried rice with tofu?
If you’re looking to pair your fried rice with tofu dish with some delicious side dishes, you’re in luck! Fried rice with tofu is incredibly versatile, and goes great with a variety of other dishes. Here are some of our favorites:
- Roasted Broccoli: Roasting broccoli not only adds a delicious smoky flavor, but it also really brings out the natural sweetness of the vegetable. It’s a great compliment to the savory flavors of the fried rice.
- Spring Rolls: Spring rolls are a classic side for fried rice dishes. They’re light and crunchy, full of flavor and just the right amount of spice. Plus, they’re vegetarian and gluten-free!
- Garlic Green Beans: Green beans are a great addition to fried rice dishes, and with a bit of garlic and oil, they become a delicious and flavorful side.
- Edamame: Edamame is a great source of protein and fiber, and it’s a great addition to your fried rice with tofu. It adds a nice pop of color and flavor to the dish.
Whether you’re looking for something light and healthy or something a bit more indulgent, these sides will pair perfectly with your fried rice with tofu.