Hi everyone! I’m so excited to share with you my favorite recipe for filled cupcakes with cocoa frosting! I’ve been making these for years, and I just can’t get enough of them. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also super easy to make. They make for a great snack or a sweet dessert, and I’m sure you’ll be just as addicted to them as I am! Read on to learn how to make these filled cupcakes with cocoa frosting!
Filled Cupcakes with Cocoa Frosting Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg yolks
- Cocoa Frosting:
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Filled Cupcakes with Cocoa Frosting
- Let’s get started on these delicious filled cupcakes with cocoa frosting!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the ¾ cup of granulated sugar and ½ cup of melted butter and mix until creamy.
- Add the 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the large bowl and continue to mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients from the medium bowl to the large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour in the ½ cup of buttermilk and mix until just combined.
- Finally, stir in the 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cupcake batter into lined cupcake pans, filling each one about ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before filling and frosting.
- To make the filling, mix together the 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, ¼ cup of granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour in a medium bowl.
- Add the 2 egg yolks and mix until just combined.
- To assemble the cupcakes, use a spoon or a piping bag to fill each cupcake with the cream cheese mixture.
- To make the frosting, mix together the ½ cup of softened butter, 3 cups of powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 2-3 tablespoons of heavy cream or milk in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Spread the frosting onto the cupcakes and enjoy!
- Calories: 590
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 75g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 272mg
- Cholesterol: 98mg
What is the best type of cupcake to fill with cocoa frosting?
For a delicious and decadent cupcake filled with cocoa frosting, nothing beats a classic vanilla cupcake! The subtle flavor of the vanilla cupcake pairs perfectly with the rich, chocolatey flavor of cocoa frosting, creating a creamy and delicious dessert. The creamy texture of the frosting and the light, fluffy texture of the cupcake come together to create a heavenly combination. Plus, the creamy cocoa frosting will look amazing when filled into any type of cupcake we choose.
What are some creative ways to fill your cupcakes with cocoa frosting?
If you’re looking for creative ways to fill your cupcakes with cocoa frosting, you’ve come to the right place! There are a few different methods you can use to give your cupcakes a delicious cocoa kick. Here’s a list of fun and exciting ways to fill your cupcakes with cocoa frosting!
- Fill them with a chocolatey mousse – If you want the ultimate cocoa experience, fill each cupcake with a mousse made with dark chocolate and cream. Not only will this give your cupcakes a rich and creamy center, it will also add a delightful hint of cocoa to each bite.
- Fill them with ganache – Ganache is a delicious mixture of chocolate and cream that can be used as both a filling and icing for cupcakes. To make your cupcakes extra special, fill them with a cocoa-infused ganache – it will add a delicious chocolatey flavor to your treats.
- Fill them with cocoa-flavored buttercream – A classic cupcake filling, cocoa-flavored buttercream is the perfect way to add a bit of chocolatey flavor to your treats. Simply make your favorite buttercream recipe and add cocoa powder to give it a decadent cocoa flavor.
- Fill them with a chocolate glaze – If you’re looking for a lighter cocoa flavor, try filling your cupcakes with a chocolate glaze. This will give your cupcakes a glossy, chocolatey finish without overpowering the other flavors.
No matter which method you choose, your cupcakes are sure to be a hit with cocoa frosting! Have fun experimenting with these creative ways to fill your cupcakes and enjoy your delicious treats.
What are the benefits of adding cocoa frosting to filled cupcakes?
Adding cocoa frosting to filled cupcakes gives a delicious, sweet flavor to the cupcakes. You get a double dose of chocolatey goodness with both the cocoa frosting and the filling inside the cupcake.
- Cocoa frosting is easy to make and can be adapted to your individual taste. For example, you can add more sugar to make it sweeter, more cocoa powder for a stronger chocolate taste, or even add some cream cheese for a creamier texture.
- The cocoa frosting adds a creamy, fluffy texture to the cupcake, making it even more enjoyable to eat. It also helps to keep the cupcake moist and adds a layer of protection to the filling.
- Adding cocoa frosting to filled cupcakes is a great way to make them look more attractive. The dark, chocolatey color of the frosting makes the cupcakes look even more inviting and delicious.
- Not only is cocoa frosting delicious, but it also pairs nicely with many different types of fillings. From fruit and jam to chocolate and caramel, there are lots of options to choose from.
What are some tips for making the perfect cupcakes for filling with cocoa frosting?
Start with a good cupcake batter. Use a recipe you love, or a tried-and-true favorite of friends and family. Make sure not to over-mix the batter, as this can cause cupcakes to be dense and dry.
- Use cupcake liners to ensure the cupcakes don’t stick to the pan. Grease the liners lightly with butter or oil for an extra guarantee.
- Bake the cupcakes for the exact amount of time specified in the recipe. Check their doneness with a toothpick, and remove from the oven when the cupcakes are just beginning to turn golden.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before attempting to frost them. Don’t frost them too soon or the frosting will melt.
- Prepare the cocoa frosting. Use a high-quality cocoa powder and mix it with butter, milk, and powdered sugar. Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to get a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Fill the cupcakes with the frosting. Use a cake spatula or spoon to fill the cupcakes with some of the frosting. Be sure not to overfill them, as the frosting will spill out when the cupcakes are iced.
- Ice the cupcakes. Once the cupcakes have been filled, use a pastry bag or a spatula to ice the tops with the remaining frosting. Use a generous helping of frosting for each cupcake and feel free to get creative with the design.
- Enjoy! The cupcakes are now ready to be served and enjoyed. Enjoy them with a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot cocoa.
How can you make sure your cupcakes stay filled with cocoa frosting?
The best way to ensure your cupcakes stay filled with cocoa frosting is to use a piping bag and a large round tip. The tip should be larger than the opening of the cupcake, so the frosting can easily flow into the cupcake. Start by filling the piping bag with your favorite cocoa frosting, then carefully insert the tip into the center of the cupcake. Apply a bit of pressure, and use a circular motion to pipe the frosting until it’s evenly filled. Once you’ve filled the cupcake, top it off with a dollop of frosting on the center. Voila – your cupcake is now filled with delicious cocoa frosting!
Another tip is to use a cupcake corer to make sure the cupcakes are fully filled. Corers are specially designed to remove the center of the cupcake, creating a space that can be filled with frosting. After you’ve cored the cupcake, fill it with your favorite cocoa frosting, then replace the center piece of cake. Your cupcake is now filled with cocoa frosting, and looks just like it came from the bakery!
Finally, make sure you use the right baking tools. Invest in a good set of cupcake liners, as these will help keep your cupcakes from collapsing in on the frosting. Also, try using a deep muffin tin to bake your cupcakes. This will allow the cupcakes to keep their shape, so the frosting will stay in the center.
With these simple tips, you can ensure your cupcakes stay filled with cocoa frosting.
What are some unique flavor combinations you can create with filled cupcakes and cocoa frosting?
When it comes to filled cupcakes and cocoa frosting, the possibilities are truly endless! There are so many unique flavor combinations you can create. To give you some delicious inspiration, here are some of our favorite flavor combos to get you started:
- Salted caramel and chocolate: take a classic chocolate cupcake, fill it with salted caramel, and top it off with a creamy cocoa frosting. The combination of sweet, salty, and chocolatey flavors is absolutely irresistible!
- Lemon and white chocolate: a zesty lemon curd filling pairs perfectly with a white chocolate cocoa frosting, making for an indulgent treat.
- Banana and peanut butter: the classic combination of banana and peanut butter is sure to be a hit in cupcakes! Fill your cupcakes with a rich banana cream and top with a velvety peanut butter cocoa frosting.
- Chocolate and peppermint: fill your cupcakes with a creamy peppermint ganache and top with a decadent cocoa frosting. The perfect treat for the holidays!
These are just a few ideas to get you started. With filled cupcakes and cocoa frosting, the possibilities are endless! Have fun experimenting with different flavor combinations and creating delicious treats that everyone will love.
What are the best decorations to top filled cupcakes with cocoa frosting?
The best decorations to top filled cupcakes with cocoa frosting are toasted coconut flakes, rainbow sprinkles, and mini marshmallows! These three classic treats bring out the delicious chocolate flavor of your cupcake and make it look amazing. They’re great for any occasion, and they add a fun and festive touch to your cupcake presentation.
Toasted coconut flakes are an easy way to add a bit of texture and color to your cupcakes. A sprinkle of these golden flakes on top of the frosting gives a nice contrast to the chocolate and makes the cupcakes look more special. Plus, the coconut flavor goes perfectly with the cocoa frosting.
Rainbow sprinkles are a classic cupcake decoration. They’re a fun, colorful addition that can be used to create all kinds of patterns and designs on top of your cupcakes. Plus, the sprinkles will add a nice crunch when you bite into your cupcake.
Mini marshmallows are a great way to finish off your cupcakes. The little bits of sweetness will bring out the flavor of the cocoa frosting even more. You can place them in a pattern or sprinkle them around the top of the cupcake for a festive look.
No matter which decorations you choose, your filled cupcakes with cocoa frosting will be sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face. With the right decorations, these cupcakes are sure to be a hit with friends and family.