I have been making this Dark Chocolate Pudding recipe for years, and it is easily one of my favorite desserts. It’s rich, creamy, and indulgent, yet surprisingly easy to make. Every time I make it, my family and friends are always amazed by the depth of flavor and deliciousness. It’s a great treat for any occasion, and always a crowd pleaser!
Dark Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Let’s make some delicious Dark Chocolate Pudding! You’ll need 3 cups of whole milk, 2/3 cup of granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ cup of cornstarch, 2 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chopped, 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, sugar, salt and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the pudding is thick and creamy.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped chocolate, butter and vanilla extract. Stir until the butter and chocolate are melted and everything is combined.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes or one large bowl.
- Let the pudding cool for about 10 minutes then cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Calories: 253, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 192mg, Total Carbohydrates: 38g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 27g, Protein: 3g
What is the best way to make dark chocolate pudding?
The best way to make dark chocolate pudding is to use a combination of high-quality cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate chips. This will give you a rich, decadent pudding that’s full of flavor. To start, mix together 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in a medium bowl. Then, slowly add 1 1/2 cups of whole milk, stirring constantly until all the ingredients are completely combined. Put the mixture into a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the pudding thickens and starts to bubble. Then, remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips until they are completely melted and incorporated. Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes and let cool completely before serving.
Are there any tricks to making dark chocolate pudding?
Yes! Making dark chocolate pudding can be a breeze if you know a few tricks! With these insider tips and techniques, you can whip up a delicious, rich, and creamy dark chocolate pudding in no time. Here are some of our favorite tricks to make sure your pudding is perfect every time.
First, start with the best quality ingredients. Dark chocolate pudding requires good quality cocoa powder and dark chocolate that are both unsweetened. The combination of these two ingredients will give you the best flavor. Using high-quality ingredients will also help your pudding to thicken properly, ensuring the perfect texture.
Next, use whole milk or heavy cream instead of low-fat or skim milk. Whole milk and heavy cream will give you a creamier and richer pudding. If you can find high-fat whipping cream, that will work even better!
When it comes time to add the chocolate, use a double boiler to melt it. This will help you to avoid burning the chocolate. Also, be sure to stir the mixture constantly while it’s melting to ensure that all of the ingredients are blended together evenly.
Finally, make sure you don’t overcook the pudding. Dark chocolate pudding should be cooked on the stovetop until it’s just starting to thicken. If it’s cooked too long, it can become too thick and dry. Once it’s thickened, take it off the heat and let it cool before serving.
With these tricks in mind, you’re sure to make the perfect dark chocolate pudding every time.
What are the health benefits of dark chocolate pudding?
Dark Chocolate Pudding is full of health benefits! Loaded with antioxidants, dark chocolate pudding can help reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
- An excellent source of minerals like magnesium, zinc, and iron, dark chocolate pudding can help strengthen bones, boost the immune system, and improve overall energy levels.
- The cocoa content in dark chocolate pudding has been linked to improved cognitive functioning. It contains flavonoids, which are known to improve memory and reduce stress levels.
- Dark chocolate pudding contains prebiotics that can help improve digestion and the absorption of vital nutrients.
- Dark chocolate pudding is a great source of healthy fats. These healthy fats can help promote healthy skin and reduce the risk of some chronic illnesses.
- Rich in antioxidants, dark chocolate pudding can help protect against free radical damage and reduce the risk of some cancers.
- Dark chocolate pudding can also help reduce cravings and regulate blood sugar levels, making it a great snack for people with diabetes.
What are some serving ideas for dark chocolate pudding?
When it comes to dark chocolate pudding, the possibilities are truly endless! Whether you’re looking for a decadent dessert for a special occasion or just a simple treat for yourself, there are plenty of delicious ways to enjoy this delicious treat. Here are some of our favorite ideas for serving dark chocolate pudding:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: For an indulgent treat, top your dark chocolate pudding with chocolate-covered strawberries. This classic combination is sure to be a hit with everyone!
- With Whipped Cream: For a classic dessert, top your dark chocolate pudding with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. This light and airy topping will take your pudding to the next level.
- With Ice Cream: For a truly indulgent treat, serve your dark chocolate pudding with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. The contrast of the cold ice cream and the warm pudding is sure to be a hit!
- With a Crumble: For a crunchy topping, sprinkle your dark chocolate pudding with a crumble made from crushed cookies or graham crackers. This crunchy treat will add texture and flavor to your pudding.
No matter how you choose to serve it, dark chocolate pudding is sure to be a hit. With these ideas, you can find a way to enjoy this decadent treat no matter what the occasion.
How can dark chocolate pudding be used in other desserts?
One great thing about dark chocolate pudding is that it can be used to make a whole array of delicious desserts! Whether you’re looking for something to take to a party or just want to whip up a special treat for yourself, dark chocolate pudding is a great way to add some sweetness and indulgence to your dessert. Here are some of our favorite ways to use dark chocolate pudding for a truly delicious dessert.
- Make a Dark Chocolate Pudding Pie: Start with a graham cracker crust, layer the bottom with dark chocolate pudding, then top it off with some freshly whipped cream. Add some chocolate shavings on top and you’ve got a decadent pie that everyone will love.
- Turn it into a Trifle: Layer some Angel Food Cake cubes, dark chocolate pudding, and fresh berries in a trifle bowl. Top with a layer of whipped cream and you’ve got a delightful trifle that looks as good as it tastes!
- Create a Chocolate Parfait: Fill a parfait glass with alternating layers of dark chocolate pudding and crushed Oreos. Top with some freshly whipped cream for a delicious, layered treat!
- Make Chocolate Éclair Cups: Pre-bake some mini pastry shells. Fill them with a mixture of dark chocolate pudding and whipped cream. Then, top them with some melted chocolate and you’ve got a mini éclair that’s sure to be a hit.
These are just a few of the delicious things you can make with dark chocolate pudding.