I’m always looking for new recipes to try in my kitchen and this Cranberry-Orange Tea Ring has been one of my favorite discoveries! The fresh and zesty flavors of the cranberries and oranges, combined with the sweetness of the icing, make this a truly delicious treat. Plus, the presentation of the tea ring makes it a great dessert to serve for any occasion. Trust me, your family and friends will be begging for the recipe after one bite!
Cranberry-Orange Tea Ring Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grab your 9-inch springform pan to get started!
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together 1/2 cup softened butter and 2 eggs until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter and eggs until combined.
- Add 1/3 cup orange juice, 1 cup dried cranberries, and 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup honey, and 1 teaspoon grated orange peel.
- Drizzle the melted butter and honey mixture over the top of the tea ring.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the tea ring cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 382 kcal
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Sodium: 273 mg
- Sugars: 16 g
Are you looking for a delicious and festive holiday dessert?
Yes! If you’re looking for a delicious and festive holiday dessert, then you’ll love Cranberry-Orange Tea Ring. This light and fluffy tea ring is bursting with flavor, making it a wonderful addition to any holiday gathering. It’s also incredibly simple to make, so anyone can whip up this tasty treat in no time!
The star of this dessert is the cranberry-orange combination. The tart cranberries and the bright citrus notes of the orange are a perfect pairing that will tantalize your taste buds. And the sweet glaze on top adds the perfect finishing touch.
Making this tea ring couldn’t be easier. All you need to do is combine the ingredients for the dough, roll it out, spread it with cranberry preserves, sprinkle it with orange zest, roll it up, and bake it. Then all that’s left is to spread the sweet glaze on top before serving.
Cranberry-Orange Tea Ring is sure to become a new holiday favorite. It’s a delicious treat that looks as good as it tastes and will make a wonderful addition to your holiday table.
How do you assemble the cranberry-orange tea ring?
Assembling a cranberry-orange tea ring is a snap! To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- One package active dry yeast.
- One cup warm water.
- One teaspoon sugar.
- Three and a half cups all-purpose flour.
- One teaspoon salt.
- Half a cup melted butter.
- One egg.
- One-third cup cranberries.
- One-third cup chopped orange peel.
- One-third cup packed brown sugar.
Now that you have all your ingredients, let’s get started!
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add the butter, egg, and yeast mixture to the flour mixture.
- Mix until the dough comes together, then knead for about five minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle.
- Place the dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cranberries, orange peel, and brown sugar onto the dough.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the filling.
- Bake the tea ring at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the tea ring cool before slicing and serving.
And there you have it! You have just assembled a delicious cranberry-orange tea ring.
What tips or tricks can you use to make the perfect cranberry-orange tea ring?
Pre-heat your oven to 375°F and grease a 9-inch round cake pan with butter.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 8 tablespoons of butter and ¾ cup of white sugar. Beat in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of orange zest until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, then stir in 1 cup of orange juice, ½ cup of cranberries, and 2 tablespoons of orange marmalade.
- Pour the mixture into the greased cake pan and spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- To make the glaze, whisk together 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of orange zest, 1 teaspoon of orange juice, and 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Spread the glaze evenly over the cooled cake.
Have you heard about the cranberry-orange tea ring?
Yes! Have you heard about the delicious cranberry-orange tea ring? It’s an amazing, sweet and fruity tea-time treat that’s sure to please. This cake is full of flavor, with a mix of tart cranberries and sweet orange. It’s also full of texture, with a crunchy sugar and almond topping, and a soft, spongy center.
This tea ring is incredibly easy to make. All you need is some all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, butter, eggs, orange juice and zest, and a handful of dried cranberries. Simply mix together the wet ingredients, combine them with the dry ingredients, and add the cranberries. Then, shape the dough into a ring and top with the sugar and almond mix. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, and you’re ready to enjoy.
The cranberry-orange tea ring is perfect for any special occasion, or just a regular tea time snack. It’s sure to bring smiles to the faces of everyone who tastes it.
What makes this dessert so special?
You’ve got to try the Cranberry-Orange Tea Ring to find out what makes it so special! This delicious dessert is a festive treat that is sure to make your holiday season even more memorable.
The Cranberry-Orange Tea Ring is made with a creamy cream cheese dough that is filled with sweet dried cranberries and orange zest. The dough is twisted into a ring and baked until it’s golden and crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
This dessert is special for a few reasons. First, it’s incredibly easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients, a few minutes of prep time and a little bit of patience. Second, the flavors of cranberry and orange are a perfect combination and the texture of the dough is amazing. Lastly, it looks super impressive but is actually really simple to make.
The Cranberry-Orange Tea Ring is sure to be a hit with everyone. Whether you’re having a holiday gathering or just enjoying a cozy night in, this dessert is sure to be a hit.
What ingredients do you need to make the cranberry-orange tea ring?
Making a cranberry-orange tea ring is a fun and easy way to add a little flavor to your day! All you need to make this delicious treat are a few simple ingredients. You’ll need one package of orange flavored gelatin mix, one package of cranberry flavored gelatin mix, one cup of boiling water, one cup of cold water, one 8-ounce package of cream cheese, one tablespoon of sugar, one teaspoon of grated orange peel, and one cup of chopped cranberries.
To start, you’ll want to combine the orange and cranberry flavored gelatin mixes in a large bowl. Then add the boiling water and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Next, add the cold water and stir until everything is blended. Place the bowl in the refrigerator until it becomes firm, about two hours.
In the meantime, blend the cream cheese, sugar, and orange peel in a separate bowl until it’s smooth. Once the gelatin is firm, spread it evenly on the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Then spread the cream cheese mixture over the gelatin in the pan. Finally, sprinkle the chopped cranberries over the top.
Put the pan back in the refrigerator until the cranberry-orange tea ring is set, about four hours.
How long does it take to prepare the cranberry-orange tea ring?
You can prepare a delicious cranberry-orange tea ring in just a few hours! It’s a simple but tasty treat that is sure to impress your family and friends. Plus, you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy it after it’s ready.
To make a cranberry-orange tea ring, you’ll need a few basic ingredients. Start by mixing together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl. You can then add in orange zest, cranberries, melted butter, and some fresh orange juice. Knead the dough until it’s smooth and pliable, then place it in a greased bundt pan.
Once the dough is in the pan, spread it out evenly. Then, top it with a mixture of cranberries, orange zest, and sugar. Bake the tea ring in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes. When it’s done, let it cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack.
Once it’s cooled, you can slice and serve it.