I have been making these Cranberry-Orange Muffins for years and they never fail to please! Not only are they incredibly easy to mix up, but they always turn out moist and flavorful. The combination of tart cranberries and sweet oranges packs a punch of flavor that’s sure to please everyone. Whether you’re serving them as breakfast, snacks, or dessert, these muffins are sure to be a hit!
Cranberry-Orange Muffins Recipe
5 . mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. Once combined, stir in 1 lightly beaten large egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add in 1/2 cup of orange juice, 1 teaspoon of orange zest, and 1/2 cup of dried cranberries. Stir until just combined.
- Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners and spoon the batter evenly into the 12 cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious Cranberry-Orange Muffins!
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 20.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.6 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 239 mg
- Sugar: 21.8 g
What’s special about cranberry-orange muffins?
Cranberry-orange muffins are truly special! Not only do they combine two of nature’s most delicious flavors – tart cranberry and sweet orange – in one heavenly bite, but they’re also incredibly easy to make. All you need is a few pantry staples, and you’ll have a batch of warm, fragrant muffins in no time. The tart cranberries and sweet oranges make for a flavor combination that can’t be beat, so it’s no wonder why these muffins have become a favorite among bakers. Plus, the bright colors of the cranberries and oranges will add a festive touch to any brunch! So if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get your morning off to a delicious start, cranberry-orange muffins are the way to go.
What kind of ingredients do you need to make cranberry-orange muffins?
To make delicious cranberry-orange muffins, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, orange zest, orange juice, and, of course, cranberries! You’ll also need a few basic kitchen tools like a measuring cup, mixing bowl, and muffin tin.
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your muffin tin. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the orange zest, orange juice, and cranberries.
Finally, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
What are the benefits of baking cranberry-orange muffins?
Enjoy a delicious treat – Cranberry-orange muffins are a tasty and delightful treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day. They are a great snack that can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Boosts your energy – Baking cranberry-orange muffins is a great way to get a boost of energy in the morning or throughout the day. The combination of cranberries and oranges provide a great source of energy that can help you stay energized and productive.
- Filled with nutrients – Cranberry-orange muffins are packed with essential vitamins and minerals that can help keep you healthy. Cranberries are high in Vitamin C, while oranges are a good source of Vitamin A and fiber. This delicious snack is also a good source of antioxidants.
- Easy to make – Baking cranberry-orange muffins does not require a lot of time or effort. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to mix everything together. You can also make these muffins in advance and store them in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Perfect for any occasion – Whether you are hosting a brunch or just looking for a tasty snack, cranberry-orange muffins are the perfect treat. They are great for parties, potlucks, or just a simple snack. Everyone will love the delicious flavor of these muffins.
How do you make sure your cranberry-orange muffins come out perfectly?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter or baking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 large egg, 1/2 cup of orange juice, 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of fresh cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
What are some creative ways to enjoy cranberry-orange muffins?
When it comes to cranberry-orange muffins, the possibilities are truly endless! From breakfast to dessert, you can enjoy these yummy treats in a variety of creative ways. Here are some of our favorite ideas for getting the most out of the sweet and tangy flavor of cranberry-orange muffins.
- Make mini versions of the muffins, perfect for a grab and go snack. Cut the recipe into fourths and make four small muffins instead of one large one.
- Serve the muffins as a side dish. To add a bit of texture and flavor, try topping the muffins with a butter mixture of orange zest and cinnamon.
- Make them into a breakfast sandwich. Toast a muffin and top it with a fried egg, bacon, and a slice of cheese for a delicious breakfast sandwich.
- Use the muffins for French toast. Cut the muffins into cubes, soak them in a mixture of eggs, milk, and cinnamon, and fry them in a pan for a delicious French toast.
- Serve them with ice cream. Top a warm muffin with a scoop of your favorite ice cream for a quick and easy dessert.
No matter how you choose to enjoy cranberry-orange muffins, you can be sure that you’ll be taking advantage of the unique combination of sweet and tangy flavors.