Creamy Cranberry Dream – Refreshingly Delicious Ice Cream!
I have always been a fan of the tart sweetness of cranberries, so when I discovered that I could have them in the form of an ice cream, I was excited! I was even more excited when I realized that I could make it myself! I’m happy to share my recipe for Cranberry Ice Cream with you, a delicious treat that is both sweet and tangy. The best part is, it’s easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients. Give it a try and let the tartness of cranberries tantalize your taste buds!
Cranberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, roughly chopped
- Let’s get started with making the Cranberry Ice Cream! First, take 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and combine them in a large saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat and whisk the ingredients together until the sugar dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 large eggs.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the saucepan, whisking continuously until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow container and set it aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, add the 1/2 cup of cranberries and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream has reached a soft-serve consistency, transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Enjoy your delicious Cranberry Ice Cream!
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 4g
What makes cranberry ice cream so special?
Cranberry ice cream is something truly unique! It’s a beloved flavor among ice cream lovers, but why is it so special? The tartness of the cranberries gives cranberry ice cream a bright, zesty flavor that’s unlike anything else. Plus, the deep red color is truly captivating, making it a beautiful treat. On top of that, it’s extremely versatile—it can be eaten plain, with toppings, or even in a milkshake.
How can you make cranberry ice cream at home?
Making your own cranberry ice cream at home is a delicious and fun way to enjoy the sweet-tart flavor of cranberries! All you need is a few simple ingredients, a good ice cream maker, and some time to let it freeze. Here’s a quick guide to making cranberry ice cream at home so you can enjoy it any time you want.
First, you’ll need to make a simple cranberry syrup. Combine 1 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries, 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the cranberries are softened and the syrup has thickened, about 10 minutes. Allow the syrup to cool completely before using.
Next, make your ice cream base. Whisk together 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup of whole milk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Gradually whisk the sugar mixture into the wet ingredients until completely combined.
Finally, it’s time to make the ice cream! Pour the ice cream base into the bowl of your ice cream maker, then slowly drizzle in the cooled cranberry syrup. Turn on your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once the ice cream has reached a soft-serve consistency, transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
What are the health benefits of eating cranberry ice cream?
Cranberry ice cream is a great way to enjoy a healthy and delicious treat! Not only does it taste great, but it also offers a range of health benefits.
- Cranberry ice cream is packed with Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that helps support the immune system. It also contains vitamin A, which helps keep your skin and eyes healthy.
- Eating cranberry ice cream is a great way to get a good dose of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber helps to reduce cholesterol levels and keeps your digestive system running smoothly.
- Cranberry ice cream is a good source of calcium, which is important for strong bones and healthy teeth.
- The antioxidant-rich cranberries in cranberry ice cream can help reduce inflammation, which can help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
- Eating cranberry ice cream can also help boost your mood, as cranberries contain serotonin, the “feel good” hormone.
What flavors combine well with cranberry ice cream?
When it comes to cranberry ice cream, the flavor possibilities are absolutely endless! From chocolate and vanilla to caramel and fruit, there are plenty of delicious combinations that work perfectly with this unique flavor. Here are some of our favorite pairings for cranberry ice cream:
- Chocolate: Chocolate and cranberry is a classic combination – try it in a brownie sundae or a swirl of fudge sauce.
- Vanilla: Vanilla ice cream is the perfect partner for cranberry ice cream. Serve it with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon to really enhance the flavor.
- Caramel: Sweet and salty caramel complements cranberry ice cream beautifully. Try a scoop of caramel sauce, or even some salted caramel popcorn for a crunchy texture.
- Fruits: Fruits like blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are the perfect way to add a touch of tartness to your cranberry ice cream. Try a berry compote or mix in some fresh berries for extra flavor.
- Nuts: Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, and pecans are a great way to add a crunchy texture to your ice cream. Try a scoop of nut butter or a sprinkle of chopped nuts for a delicious topping.
What is the best way to serve cranberry ice cream?
The best way to serve cranberry ice cream is with a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of toasted hazelnuts. The tartness of the cranberry perfectly complements the sweetness of the cream, while the crunch of the hazelnuts adds a unique texture to the dish. Serve it in a chilled glass bowl and top it with a sprig of mint for a truly decadent experience.
What other recipes can you make with cranberry ice cream?
If you love cranberry ice cream, you’re in luck! There are plenty of delicious recipes you can make with this tart and creamy treat. From cranberry ice cream sundaes to cranberry ice cream pies, the possibilities are endless. Here are just a few of the yummy recipes you can make with cranberry ice cream.
- Cranberry Ice Cream Pie: This is a classic dessert that’s sure to please everyone. Start by making an easy graham cracker crust, then fill it with your favorite cranberry ice cream. Top with whipped cream, fresh cranberries, and a sprinkle of crushed graham crackers.
- Cranberry Ice Cream Sundae: Make your sundae even more special by using cranberry ice cream. Top with whipped cream, hot fudge sauce, and a maraschino cherry.
- Cranberry Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches: Start with two soft and chewy sugar cookies. Stuff each cookie with a scoop of cranberry ice cream and freeze until solid. Serve with warm caramel sauce for a delicious treat.
- Cranberry Milkshakes: Make your milkshake extra special with cranberry ice cream. Blend with cold milk and a few tablespoons of sugar for a sweet and creamy shake.
These are just a few of the many recipes you can make with cranberry ice cream. Get creative and experiment with different ingredients to come up with your own unique recipes.