I’m so excited to share my favorite cold spicy noodles recipe with you! This dish is packed with flavor, texture and a bit of heat. The combination of crunchy vegetables and chewy noodles is so satisfying and comes together in just minutes. With its bright colors and bold flavors, this dish never fails to impress. Get ready for a delicious, quick and easy meal that you’ll want to make again and again!
Cold Spicy Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces of dried thin spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Step 1: Gather all the ingredients: 8 ounces of dried thin spaghetti noodles, 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 1/4 cup of finely chopped scallions, 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped.
- Step 2: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the spaghetti noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- Step 3: While the noodles are cooking, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, honey, ground ginger, garlic powder, and ground black pepper in a small mixing bowl and whisk together until fully blended.
- Step 4: When the noodles are done cooking, drain them and return them to the pot.
- Step 5: Pour the sauce mixture over the noodles and stir well to coat the noodles.
- Step 6: Sprinkle the scallions and peanuts over the top of the noodles and give them one more stir to combine.
- Step 7: Serve the cold spicy noodles and enjoy!
- Calories: 320 kcal, Fat: 14 g, Saturated Fat: 2.5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 1020 mg, Carbohydrates : 40 g, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 10 g, Protein: 8 g
What makes cold spicy noodles so delicious?
You know that feeling of pure bliss that comes when you take the first bite of a plate of cold spicy noodles? That’s because they’re so delightfully delicious!
What makes cold spicy noodles so delicious? A lot of things, actually! For one, the combination of ingredients is a big factor. The spicy chili sauce, the cool cucumber slices, the crunchy peanuts and the fragrant herbs all come together to create a tantalizing flavor. The cold noodles also provide a nice contrast to the spicy sauce, making the flavor more intense.
Another thing that makes cold spicy noodles so tasty is the texture. The soft noodles and crunchy peanuts provide a wonderful contrast that is irresistible. The mix of textures and flavors is what makes these noodles so unique and delicious!
Finally, the presentation of cold spicy noodles is part of the appeal. The colorful ingredients make for an eye-catching and appetizing dish. The noodles can be served in a bowl and garnished with herbs and chili sauce, making them even more delicious!
So, what makes cold spicy noodles so delicious? It’s the combination of ingredients, the contrast of textures, and the presentation.
What are some of the benefits of eating cold spicy noodles?
Eating cold spicy noodles is a great way to get a flavourful and refreshing snack! Here are some of the benefits of indulging in this delicious dish:
- Low Calorie: Cold spicy noodles are a great snack for those looking to manage their calorie intake, as they typically contain fewer than 200 calories per serving.
- Versatile: Cold spicy noodles can be enjoyed as a snack or as a meal, so you can enjoy them whenever and however you like.
- Fresh Taste: The combination of cold noodles with spicy sauces is a great way to get a kick of flavour without overloading your taste buds.
- Nutritional Benefits: Cold spicy noodles are nutrient-packed, with some including vegetables, legumes, and other healthful ingredients.
- Quick and Easy: Preparing cold spicy noodles is a breeze, making them ideal for those days when you’re short on time.
How to make cold spicy noodles at home?
Making Cold Spicy Noodles at home is a simple way to enjoy a delicious, spicy snack. Here’s how you can make your own:
- Get the ingredients: You will need Chinese egg noodles (or any noodles you like!), sesame oil, garlic, ginger, green onion, soy sauce, and chili oil.
- Prepare the noodles: Boil the noodles in a pot of water until they are cooked. Then, drain the noodles and rinse them in cold water.
- Make the sauce: Mix the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and chili oil in a bowl. Adjust the amount of chili oil depending on how spicy you want your noodles to be.
- Toss the noodles: Add the noodles to the bowl with the sauce and toss them until they are evenly coated.
- Garnish and serve: Transfer the noodles to a plate and garnish with green onion.
How to make cold spicy noodles even spicier?
Spice up the noodles by adding extra chilli sauce or chilli flakes.
- Stir-fry garlic, chilli, and spring onion in hot oil, and then mix it into the noodles.
- Add some extra soy sauce and chilli oil to make the noodles spicy.
- Top with extra chilli flakes or chilli oil for extra heat.
- Mix in some hot and sour sauce for an extra kick.
- Add some paprika or cayenne pepper to the mix for an extra spicy kick.
- For an even spicier kick, try adding some fresh chilli peppers to the noodles.
- If you like it extra spicy, try adding some spicy bean paste.
What are some of the variations of cold spicy noodles?
If you’re looking for a delicious and spicy way to cool off, then you should definitely check out the numerous variations of cold spicy noodles! From zesty Sichuan noodles to Korean-style naengmyeon, there’s no shortage of options when it comes to these yummy dishes. Let’s take a look at some of the variations of cold spicy noodles that you can enjoy.
One popular variation of cold spicy noodles is Sichuan-style noodles. These noodles are commonly served with a spicy chili oil-based sauce that’s bursting with flavor. The chili oil is usually combined with minced garlic and scallions for an extra kick of flavor. Sichuan-style noodles are often served with a side of pickled vegetables, such as cucumbers or Chinese cabbage.
Another delicious variation of cold spicy noodles is Korean-style naengmyeon. This dish consists of cold buckwheat noodles served in a sweet and tangy broth. The broth is usually made with a combination of beef and vegetable stock, and it’s often garnished with cucumber slices, radish slices, and a boiled egg. The broth is usually spiced with chili flakes and a few drops of sesame oil for a zesty kick.
Finally, there’s Shanghai-style noodles. These noodles are usually served with a light, garlicky sauce that’s slightly sweet and slightly spicy. The noodles are usually topped with a variety of vegetables, such as bean sprouts, bok choy, and bell peppers. This dish is often garnished with pickled mustard greens and a sprinkling of sesame seeds for added flavor.
So, if you’re looking for something spicy and cool, then you should definitely check out the variations of cold spicy noodles.
What are some creative ways to serve cold spicy noodles?
Are you looking for a way to spice up your traditional cold spicy noodles? You can take this simple dish and turn it into something special with just a few creative additions! Here are some of the most creative ways to serve cold spicy noodles.
- Make it a salad: Toss your cold spicy noodles with some crunchy vegetables, like cabbage and bell peppers, then drizzle with a spicy vinaigrette. Top with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds and you’ve got a delicious and nutritious cold noodle salad.
- Top it with an egg: Crack a fried or poached egg on top of your cold spicy noodles for a protein-packed meal. The creamy egg yolk brings a new level of richness to the dish and the runny yolk helps balance the heat from the noodles.
- Add fresh herbs: Fresh herbs like cilantro, basil, and mint make a great addition to cold spicy noodles. They add a brightness and freshness that elevates the dish.
- Make it a wrap: Wrap your cold spicy noodles in a tortilla or lettuce wrap for an easy handheld meal. Add some extra vegetables, like shredded carrots and cucumbers, and you’ve got a delicious lunch or dinner.
- Top with a dipping sauce: The possibilities are endless here. Try a spicy peanut sauce, a sweet chili sauce, or a classic soy sauce. The dipping sauce adds an extra kick of flavor to the noodles.
There you have it: five creative ways to serve cold spicy noodles. Give one of these ideas a try and you’ll have a delicious and unique meal in no time.