When I think back to the warm, comforting meals of my childhood, one that always stands out is my mom’s Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup. I can still remember the savory smell of the coconut and squash subtly wafting through the house and my anticipation of the deliciousness that was to come. The soup itself was a creamy, fragrant combination of chicken, squash, and coconut milk, and it’s been a favorite of mine ever since. In this recipe, I’ll share how to recreate that same unique and flavorful soup.
Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups of butternut squash, cubed
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Let’s get cooking! First, heat a large pot over medium heat and add in the coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot, add in the garlic and onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add in the ground ginger and stir for 1 minute.
- Next, add in the chicken, squash, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add in the coconut milk and adjust the seasoning if needed. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the chopped cilantro and let the soup sit for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 18g
What dish makes you think of cozy nights in during the cold winter months?
When I think of cozy nights in during the cold winter months, the first thing that comes to mind is a big bowl of Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup! This delicious and comforting soup is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly night.
This flavorful soup is made with a creamy coconut base, tender chicken pieces, and chunks of roasted squash. The sweetness of the coconut and squash are balanced by savory notes of garlic, ginger, and cumin, creating a unique and satisfying flavor.
The best part of this Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup is how easy it is to make. All you have to do is throw all the ingredients into a large pot and let it simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Once it’s finished, you’ll have a warm and comforting meal that’s sure to make you feel cozy and content.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to stay warm during the cold winter months, look no further than Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup.
How does this soup bring together the perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors?
This Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup is a tantalizing mix of sweet and savory flavors that will tantalize your taste buds! Here’s how it creates the perfect balance:
- The sweetness of the coconut milk pairs perfectly with the savory taste of the cooked chicken and squash.
- The addition of garlic, onions, and ginger infuse the soup with a flavor that is both sweet and savory.
- The subtle hint of lime juice and fresh herbs add a freshness that brings out the sweetness of the coconut milk and the savoriness of the chicken and squash.
- The combination of all the ingredients creates an exquisite flavor balance that will leave you wanting more.
What are the health benefits of this delicious dish?
The delicious Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup isn’t just a tasty treat – it also offers a host of amazing health benefits! Here are just a few:
- Rich in Protein: This soup is a great way to get some quality protein for your diet. Chicken is a lean source of protein, while the squash provides a good dose of fiber.
- Heart Healthy: Coconut is a great source of healthy fats, which are less likely to raise cholesterol levels. The combination of fats and fiber makes this soup a heart-friendly meal.
- Boosts Immunity: This soup is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which help to keep your immune system in top shape. The garlic and ginger in the recipe are natural anti-inflammatories, which can help to reduce inflammation.
- Improves Digestion: The fiber in the squash helps to promote healthy digestion. The coconut milk also helps to reduce inflammation in the gut, which can help to reduce symptoms of digestive issues.
- Rich in Nutrients: The combination of coconut, chicken, and squash ensures that you get a good dose of essential vitamins and minerals. These vitamins and minerals are essential for good health and can help to keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
With all these amazing health benefits, it’s no wonder Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup is such a popular dish! Enjoy this delicious soup as a nutritious and tasty meal.
What are some tips for making the perfect coconut chicken and squash soup?
Are you looking for the perfect recipe for Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup? Here are some sure-fire tips to make your soup stand out:
- Start with the right ingredients. To make the best Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup, you’ll need the freshest ingredients: boneless, skinless chicken breasts, coconut milk, squash, garlic, onion, and a selection of spices like curry powder, cumin, and paprika.
- Prepare the vegetables. Dice the onions and garlic and sauté them in a pot with oil for about 5 minutes. Then, cut the squash into cubes and add it to the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken. Cut the chicken into cubes and add it to the pot. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the liquid. Pour in the coconut milk and enough water to cover the ingredients.
- Season the soup. Add spices like curry powder, cumin, and paprika to taste.
- Simmer. Simmer the soup for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve. Serve the soup hot with a garnish of fresh parsley and a dollop of sour cream for extra richness.
What makes this coconut chicken and squash soup so special?
This Coconut Chicken and Squash Soup is a unique and flavorful dish! It is the perfect combination of savory and sweet, with ingredients like chicken, squash, and coconut milk. The coconut milk gives it a creamy texture, while the squash adds a hint of sweetness. The chicken provides a rich and filling base that is sure to satisfy.