Growing up, nothing was more special than the smell of freshly fried doughnuts wafting through my kitchen on a Saturday morning. I always looked forward to the sweet and sugary cinnamon-sugar coating that my mom would sprinkle over the top. Now, I’m excited to share my family’s recipe for Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnuts with you. These delicious homemade doughnuts are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, with the perfect balance of sweet and spice!
Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnuts Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350 ˚F and get ready to make some delicious Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnuts!
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, ¼ cup white sugar, baking powder, salt and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease a doughnut pan with some butter, and spoon the batter into it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- While the doughnuts are baking, melt the butter in a medium bowl and mix the ¼ cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in another bowl.
- When the doughnuts are done baking, let them cool for a few minutes before dipping them in the melted butter and then rolling them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Enjoy your delicious Cinnamon-Sugar Doughnuts!
- Calories: 282
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 27 mg
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 20 g
- Protein: 4 g
What type of ingredients do you need to make cinnamon-sugar doughnuts?
You only need a few ingredients to make delicious cinnamon-sugar doughnuts! All you need is some all-purpose flour, yeast, milk, melted butter, eggs, sugar, ground cinnamon, and a bit of salt.
To start, you’ll need to combine the flour, yeast, milk, melted butter, and eggs in a bowl and mix them together. Once everything is mixed together, let the dough rise for about an hour until it is double in size. After rising, roll out the dough and cut it into doughnut shapes.
Next, you’ll want to fry the doughnuts in a deep fryer or a pot of hot vegetable oil. Fry the doughnuts until they are golden brown and then remove them from the oil.
Finally, mix together some sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish and roll the doughnuts in the mixture.
What are the benefits of making cinnamon-sugar doughnuts?
Making cinnamon-sugar doughnuts is a fun and delicious way to enjoy a classic treat!
- You can customize the flavor of your doughnuts by adding different spices or extracts like cardamom or almond.
- You can also adjust the sweetness of your doughnuts by changing the ratio of cinnamon to sugar.
- Making doughnuts from scratch takes time, but the end result is worth it because you get to enjoy a freshly made treat that’s still warm and fluffy.
- Eating homemade doughnuts is a great way to show your family and friends how much you care.
- By making your own doughnuts, you get to control what goes into them. This means you can reduce the amount of sugar, use healthier oils, and add nutritious ingredients like nuts, seeds, and dried fruit.
- Making your own doughnuts is a great activity to do with kids. It’s an opportunity to teach them the basics of baking and a chance to bond while having fun.
What unique twists can you add to the recipe to make the doughnuts stand out?
When it comes to cinnamon-sugar doughnuts, there are a ton of unique twists you can add to make them stand out! Whether you’re looking to get creative with the toppings, the flavorings, or the texture, there are so many ways to elevate these classic treats. To get you started, here are a few ideas:
- Add a hint of spice: Consider adding a pinch of nutmeg or cardamom to the dough for a subtle kick of flavor.
- Switch up the sugar: Instead of using traditional white sugar, why not try brown sugar or a mixture of the two?
- Get creative with the toppings: Instead of just using cinnamon-sugar, why not add some chopped nuts, coconut flakes, or sprinkles?
- Experiment with different shapes: Instead of making the usual round doughnuts, try making them in fun shapes like stars or hearts.
- Try a different glaze: For a unique twist, try a flavored glaze like chocolate, raspberry, or even horchata!
No matter what unique twists you add to your cinnamon-sugar doughnuts, you’re sure to create a delicious treat that will stand out from the crowd. These ideas are just the beginning — feel free to get creative and experiment with different flavors and textures to make your doughnuts even more unique.
How can you make the doughnuts extra fluffy and moist?
Making your cinnamon-sugar doughnuts extra fluffy and moist is easy! All you need to do is ensure your ingredients and measurements are correct, and then follow some simple steps. Here’s a quick guide to get you started:
- Use cake flour instead of all-purpose flour for a lighter texture.
- Add an extra egg to the batter, as eggs provide moisture and additional structure.
- Make sure your butter is melted, not just softened.
- Make sure you don’t overmix your batter as this will create a tougher texture.
- Use sour cream or buttermilk to add richness and moisture.
- Increase the amount of sugar in the recipe by a tablespoon or two for an extra sweet and moist result.
- Fry the doughnuts in vegetable oil for a few minutes on each side, until the doughnuts are golden brown.
- Finally, top them off with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar right after frying. This will give them an extra crunchy and flavorful finish.
Using these tips, you can make your cinnamon-sugar doughnuts extra fluffy and moist.
What techniques are best for ensuring the doughnuts are evenly coated in the cinnamon-sugar mixture?
The best technique for ensuring your cinnamon-sugar doughnuts are evenly coated is to roll the still-warm doughnuts in the mixture. This technique will guarantee the sugar and cinnamon will stick to the doughnuts and each one will be evenly coated.
For the tastiest results, use a combination of cinnamon, sugar, and a pinch of nutmeg for the coating. You can also get creative and use other spices, such as cardamom or ginger, to make unique flavors.
To make sure your doughnuts are evenly coated, you should add the sugar mixture to a shallow dish and mix it together before rolling the doughnuts in it. This will ensure the same amount of sugar and cinnamon are added to each doughnut.
You can also use a spoon to evenly distribute the sugar-cinnamon mixture onto the doughnuts. This method is especially useful if you have a lot of doughnuts to coat. Simply spoon a tablespoon of the mixture over each doughnut and spread it evenly with your fingers.
No matter which technique you use, the key to ensuring your cinnamon-sugar doughnuts are evenly coated is to act quickly. The doughnuts should still be warm when you add the sugar-cinnamon mixture to ensure the coating sticks.
What is the best way to store leftover doughnuts?
The best way to store leftover cinnamon-sugar doughnuts is in an airtight container in the refrigerator! This will keep them fresh and delicious for a few days. If you prefer a more classic approach, you can also wrap each doughnut individually in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator as well. Both of these methods will help ensure your cinnamon-sugar doughnuts stay as fresh and tasty as when you first made them.