Zesty Cinnamon Lime Chicken Fajitas
I love fajitas – especially when they are made with a flavorful combination of ingredients! This particular recipe for Cinnamon and Lime Chicken Fajitas is one I’ve made many times and it always turns out delicious. The combination of the tart lime juice and the sweet cinnamon creates a perfect balance that’s sure to please everyone. Whether you’re looking for a meal to feed a crowd or just a quick dinner for two, this recipe is sure to hit the spot!
Cinnamon and Lime Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 flour tortillas
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, ground cinnamon, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large baking dish and pour the olive oil mixture over them. Gently rub the mixture into the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- While the chicken is baking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the bell peppers and onions. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- When the chicken is finished baking, remove it from the oven and slice it into strips.
- Add the chicken strips to the skillet with the vegetables and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Warm the flour tortillas in the oven or in a skillet over low heat.
- To assemble the fajitas, add a few spoonfuls of the chicken and vegetable mixture to each warm tortilla. Top with fresh cilantro and sour cream.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5 g
- Protein: 19.5 g
- Sodium: 322 mg
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
What flavors does cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas bring?
Cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas bring a unique blend of sweet, zesty, and spicy flavors. The combination of cinnamon and lime adds a touch of sweetness to the fajitas, while the chicken provides a savory base. The spiciness of the fajitas comes from the addition of chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
These flavors come together to create a delicious meal that is sure to excite your taste buds. The cinnamon adds a subtle sweetness, while the lime adds a refreshing tartness. The chili powder, cumin, and paprika add a nice kick of heat to the dish. The combination of these flavors creates an exciting and flavorful dish that is sure to please.
The best part about cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas is that they are easy to make. The ingredients are simple, and the preparation time is relatively short. All you need is chicken, bell peppers, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, lime juice, and cinnamon. The key is to get the proportions of the spices just right to ensure that the flavors are balanced.
Cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas are a great way to add a unique twist to your dinner table. The wonderful combination of flavors is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. If you’re looking for an exciting and flavorful meal, look no further than this delicious dish.
What are the benefits of cooking with cinnamon and lime?
Cinnamon and lime is a delicious combination that adds a unique flavor to chicken fajitas.
- Cinnamon is a great source of antioxidants, which helps to protect the body from free radicals. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Lime is a good source of vitamin C, which helps to boost the immune system and protect against illnesses. It also has antibacterial properties that can help to fight off bacteria and viruses.
- Cooking with cinnamon and lime can help to improve digestion. Cinnamon has been known to help reduce symptoms of indigestion and nausea, while the vitamin C in lime can help to reduce the risk of acid reflux.
- The combination of cinnamon and lime can help to reduce cholesterol levels. Cinnamon can help to lower LDL cholesterol, while lime juice can help to raise HDL cholesterol.
- Both cinnamon and lime can help to regulate blood sugar levels. Cinnamon helps to slow down the absorption of glucose, which can help to prevent a spike in blood sugar levels. The vitamin C in lime can also help to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Finally, the combination of cinnamon and lime can help to boost your mood and energy. Cinnamon can help to reduce stress and anxiety, while the vitamin C in lime can help to improve mood and increase energy levels.
What are some tips for making the perfect cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas?
Start by marinating the chicken in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, cumin, and chili powder for at least two hours to lock in the flavors and make the chicken tender.
- For extra flavor, add some freshly chopped cilantro and a pinch of cinnamon to the marinade.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until it’s cooked through.
- Add some sliced bell peppers, onions, and jalapenos to the pan and cook for about 4 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the marinade to the pan and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- To serve, layer the chicken and vegetables onto warmed tortillas with some shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
What other ingredients go well with cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas?
When making cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas, there are many ingredients that can be added to enhance the flavor of the dish. Some of the best ingredients to pair with cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas include peppers, onion, garlic, black beans, cilantro, avocado, and sour cream.
Peppers of any variety will add a nice spicy kick to the fajitas. Bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, or even poblano peppers are great options. If you like things a little sweeter, opt for a red bell pepper instead. When adding peppers, you can either add them raw or sauté them for a few minutes before mixing in with the chicken.
Onions give the fajitas a wonderful flavor and crunch. Sweet onions, such as Vidalia onions, are best for this dish. If you want to add a bit of heat, opt for red onions instead. When adding onions to the fajitas, it is best to sauté them for a few minutes before mixing in with the chicken.
Garlic adds a wonderful depth of flavor to the fajitas. Fresh garlic is preferred, however, you can also use pre-minced garlic if you are short on time. When adding garlic to the fajitas, it is best to sauté it with the peppers and onions before mixing in with the chicken.
Black beans are a great addition to the fajitas because they add texture, flavor, and a bit of protein. Simply add a can of rinsed and drained black beans to the fajitas and mix in with the chicken.
Cilantro adds a touch of freshness to the fajitas. Simply add a small handful of chopped fresh cilantro at the end of cooking and mix it in with the chicken.
Avocado is a great addition to the fajitas, as it adds a creamy texture and flavor. Simply add a diced avocado at the end of cooking and mix it in with the chicken.
Finally, a dollop of sour cream adds a nice creamy texture to the fajitas. Simply add a small spoonful of sour cream at the end of cooking and mix it in with the chicken.
By adding these ingredients to the cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas, you will create a flavorful, delicious dish that is sure to please.
What is the best way to cook cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas?
The best way to cook cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas is to marinate the chicken in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, and cilantro, and then cook the fajitas in a skillet with a combination of olive oil, cumin, and cinnamon. This will create a flavorful and savory dish that is sure to be a hit with friends and family.
To begin, combine the lime juice, garlic, and cilantro in a bowl and mix together. Place the chicken in the bowl and let it marinate in the mixture for at least two hours. The longer the chicken marinates, the more flavorful it will be.
When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and its marinade to the skillet. Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
Next, add the cumin and cinnamon to the skillet and stir to combine with the chicken. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the spices are fragrant and the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the skillet from the heat and serve the fajitas with your favorite toppings.
How can you make sure your cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas remain tender and juicy?
To ensure your cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas remain tender and juicy, it’s important to cook the chicken properly. Here are a few tips for making sure your fajitas turn out perfectly every time:
- Marinate the chicken. Marinating the chicken in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and cinnamon helps to tenderize the chicken and infuse it with flavor. Marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Use a hot skillet. A hot skillet is key for getting a nice, golden brown crust on the chicken without drying it out. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat before adding the chicken.
- Don’t overcook the chicken. Chicken can dry out quickly, so keep an eye on it while it’s cooking. The best way to check doneness is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C) before removing the chicken from the heat.
- Add the vegetables. Once the chicken is cooked, add the vegetables to the skillet. Cook them until they are tender and lightly charred.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas will remain tender and juicy.
How can you customize cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas to fit your personal tastes?
You can customize cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas to fit your personal tastes by adding different toppings, changing the type of tortilla you use, or adjusting the spice level.
When it comes to toppings, the possibilities are endless. You can add sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and more. Try adding whatever ingredients you have on hand. If you like it spicy, you can even mix in some jalapenos.
You can also customize your fajitas by changing the type of tortilla you use. Try using whole wheat tortillas, corn tortillas, or even gluten-free tortillas. Experiment with different sizes and thicknesses to find the one that works best for you.
Finally, you can adjust the spice level of your cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas to your own tastes. If you want a milder flavor, try reducing the amount of chili powder or cumin. If you like a spicier flavor, add more of the spices or experiment with different types of chili peppers.
Customizing your cinnamon and lime chicken fajitas is easy and fun! With these simple tips, you can easily create a delicious and unique meal that fits your own personal tastes.