These Chocolate Thumbprints are a classic cookie recipe that is perfect for any occasion! They are made with a soft and chewy chocolate cookie base, and then topped with a chocolate ganache or your favorite frosting. These cookies are sure to be a hit with everyone!
- -1 cup butter, softened
- -1 cup sugar
- -2 tablespoons milk
- -1 egg
- -1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -2 cups all purpose flour
- -⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- -¼ teaspoon salt
- -1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- -½ confectioners’ sugar
- for the chocolate thumbprints:
- -26 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup of butter or margarine, 1 cup of white sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
3. Sift together 2 cups of all purpose flour, ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder and ¼ teaspoon salt; gradually add this to the butter mixture from step 2. Once everything is mixed together well, cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 1 hour so the dough can firm up enough to roll into balls.
4. Meanwhile, lightly beat an egg white in a small bowl. This will be used later on.
5. Once the dough has chilled for an hour, shape it into balls that are about 1 inch wide each. Dip each ball into the beaten egg white from earlier then roll it around in a bowl of finely chopped walnuts or pecans (your choice). Place these onto greased baking sheets – make sure to leave some space between cookies as they will spread out while baking! Make an indentation with your thumb in the center of each cookie ball on the baking sheet; this is where we will
- Calories: 156
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated fat: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 10 g
- Protein 2g