I’m sure I’m not the only one who loves chocolate chip cookies! Ever since I was a kid, my mom would make them for me and my siblings, and now I make them for my own family. They’re so simple to make and always turn out so delicious. I’m excited to share my tried-and-true recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies with you!
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Meanwhile, grab a large bowl and combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda, and ½ teaspoon salt. Whisk them together until everything is well-mixed.
- In a separate bowl, cream together ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, ¾ cup brown sugar, and ¼ cup granulated sugar until everything is light and fluffy.
- Crack in 1 large egg, and add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat the mixture until it’s combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients from the first bowl to the wet ingredients until everything is incorporated.
- Now it’s time for the best part – the chocolate chips! Fold in 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips until everything is evenly distributed.
- With an ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop out cookie dough onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Make sure to space them out evenly.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Enjoy your warm, delicious chocolate chip cookies!
- Calories: 682
- Total Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Sodium: 638mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 95g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 70g
- Protein: 8g
What makes chocolate chip cookies so special?
Chocolate chip cookies are special because they are the perfect blend of sweet, soft, and crunchy. They have a unique, unmistakable flavor that is loved by people all over the world. When you bite into a freshly-baked chocolate chip cookie, it’s like a little bite of heaven.
These tasty treats have been around for a long time, but it wasn’t until the 1930s that a chef named Ruth Graves Wakefield created the classic recipe. By accidentally adding chopped up pieces of chocolate to her cookie dough, she created a delicious new treat that has been popular ever since.
The combination of the soft, chewy cookie and the sweet, melted chocolate chips is irresistible. The contrast between the two textures is what makes these cookies so special. Add in a few walnuts or pecans for a little extra crunch and you have the perfect snack.
Chocolate chip cookies are also special because they are so versatile. You can make them with white or brown sugar, and with different types of chocolate chips. You can even make them with different types of flour and add in ingredients like oatmeal or nuts. The possibilities are endless.
Chocolate chip cookies are a timeless classic and will never go out of style. Whether you’re making them for a school bake sale or just for yourself, they are sure to be a hit. So the next time you’re feeling a little down, why not make a batch of chocolate chip cookies? You won’t regret it.
What are some tips for making the perfect cookie?
Start with the best ingredients. Use high-quality butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract for the perfect flavor and texture.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the ideal temperature for baking chocolate chip cookies.
- Measure out the ingredients correctly. Too much sugar or butter, and your cookies will be too sweet and greasy. Too little, and they may turn out dry and crumbly.
- Mix all the ingredients together until they are just combined. Overmixing can make your cookies tough and chewy, so just combine until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Give your cookies enough space to spread while baking.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on them during the last few minutes to make sure they don’t burn. They should be golden-brown and slightly soft in the middle when done.
- Let the cookies cool before transferring them to a cooling rack.
What are the benefits of making chocolate chip cookies from scratch?
Making chocolate chip cookies from scratch is a great way to get the most out of the classic cookie experience. There are many benefits to making them from scratch. Here are a few of the most exciting:
- Tastes better: By making the cookies from scratch, you can control the ingredients, allowing you to select the highest quality ingredients and create a cookie that tastes even better than store-bought.
- Create your own recipe: Making chocolate chip cookies from scratch gives you the opportunity to experiment with different recipes. Add a pinch of nutmeg or change the ratio of chocolate chips to create your own signature cookie.
- Fun and rewarding: The process of making cookies from scratch is fun and rewarding. From mixing the ingredients to baking the cookies, there’s a sense of accomplishment when you take that first bite of a freshly baked cookie.
- Cost-friendly: Making chocolate chip cookies from scratch is more cost-effective than buying them from a store. You can often find ingredients for a fraction of the cost of a store-bought cookie.
- Creates special memories: Making cookies from scratch can create special memories with family and friends. Working together in the kitchen to create something special is a great way to bond and create lasting memories.
By making chocolate chip cookies from scratch, you can enjoy all of these benefits while creating something delicious and unique.
How do you know when your chocolate chip cookies are finished baking?
You know your chocolate chip cookies are finished baking when the edges are golden brown and the center looks set. You’ll also notice the sweet aroma of freshly baked cookies filling your kitchen!
Here are some tips for you to tell if your chocolate chip cookies are done:
- Check the edges of the cookies for a golden brown hue.
- Gently press the top of the cookie and if it looks set and doesn’t leave an indent, your cookies are done baking.
What are some variations you can make to chocolate chip cookies?
When it comes to chocolate chip cookies, the possibilities are endless! From adding different ingredients to changing the type of chocolate, there’s no limit to the delicious variations you can create. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Nutty Chocolate Chip Cookies: Amp up the classic cookie by adding chopped nuts like pecans, almonds, or walnuts.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add a bit of fiber and nutrition to your cookies by adding a cup of oats to the mix.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars: Instead of scooping out individual cookies, why not make a big batch of cookie bars? All you need is a 9×13 pan and a spatula to spread the dough.
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies: For a sweeter cookie, use white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet or dark chocolate.
- Rocky Road Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add marshmallows and chopped nuts to your cookie dough and you’ve got a delicious twist on the classic treat.
What is the best way to store chocolate chip cookies?
The best way to store chocolate chip cookies is to put them in an airtight container. This will keep the cookies from becoming stale and will also maintain their crunchy texture. You can also use wax paper or plastic wrap to wrap individual cookies when storing them. If you want to store them for a longer period of time, you can place them in the freezer. This will keep the cookies fresh for up to several months.
When you are ready to enjoy the cookies, you can simply take them out of the freezer and let them thaw. You can also pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up.
For short-term storage, you can keep them in a cookie jar on the counter or in a plastic bag. Be sure to choose a jar or bag that is well-sealed, so that your cookies stay fresh and delicious!
No matter how you choose to store your chocolate chip cookies, make sure you do it in a way that keeps them fresh and yummy.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy chocolate chip cookies?
One of the best things about chocolate chip cookies is that there are so many ways to enjoy them! Whether you like them crunchy or soft, straight out of the oven or with a glass of cold milk, your favorite way to enjoy chocolate chip cookies is yours to create and savor.
For a classic take on the classic chocolate chip cookie, you can’t go wrong with a warm and gooey cookie straight from the oven. Whether you make them from scratch or choose to use the pre-made cookie dough from the store, the combination of the chocolate chips and the rich creamy butter will make your mouth water.
If you’re looking for a twist on the classic, you can try adding some other ingredients like chopped nuts, or chunks of milk or dark chocolate. You can even experiment with unusual combinations like peanut butter chips, dried cranberries, or oatmeal.
If you’re craving something a little different, why not try making a cookie sandwich? Start by spreading a layer of ice cream between two of your favorite cookies, or try equipping your cookie with a layer of nutella or caramel. You can even stuff the cookie with marshmallows and chocolate chips or top it with a scoop of ice cream for a truly indulgent treat.
No matter how you choose to enjoy your chocolate chip cookies, the combination of the sweet and rich flavors will always be a treat for your taste buds.