One of my favorite recipes to make is Chocolate-Cherry Scones. From the first time I made them, they quickly became one of my go-to treats to make for friends and family. The combination of sweet cherries and chocolate chips creates a flavor combination that is hard to resist. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also surprisingly easy to make. The process of making these Chocolate-Cherry Scones is simple and straightforward, and the end result is always a hit!
Chocolate-Cherry Scones Recipe
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1/4 cup sugar
- • 2 teaspoons baking powder
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- • 1/2 cup dried cherries
- • 1/2 cup heavy cream
- • 1 large egg
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Let’s get started by preheating your oven to 375°F.
- Now, in a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes, then add it to the bowl and use a pastry blender to incorporate the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add the chocolate chips and dried cherries, stirring to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir until the dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough out into a 1-inch thick circle. Cut the dough into 8 equal wedges and place the wedges on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the scones are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your delicious Chocolate-Cherry Scones!
- Calories: 530
- Total Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 15 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
- Sodium: 450 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 73 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sugars: 30 g
What ingredients are needed for the perfect chocolate-cherry scones?
Chocolate-cherry scones are a delicious and indulgent treat, and making them at home is easier than you might think! All you need to whip up a batch of these decadent scones is butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, an egg, sour cream, dried cherries, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. With just these nine ingredients, you’ll be on your way to creating a truly delectable treat.
Butter is the base of these scones and it helps create a light and flaky texture. Flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt come together to form the scone dough. An egg binds all the ingredients together and a dollop of sour cream adds just the right amount of tanginess and moisture. Finally, the dried cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips add a touch of sweetness and richness.
The combination of these nine ingredients creates a decadent, moist, and flavorful scone. The tartness of the cherries and the sweetness of the chocolate chips make for a delicious flavor combination that can’t be beat.
So if you’re looking for the perfect chocolate-cherry scones, all you need is butter, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, an egg, sour cream, dried cherries, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
What’s the best way to assemble chocolate-cherry scones?
The best way to assemble delicious chocolate-cherry scones is by taking your time and following a few simple steps. First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, in a medium bowl, combine 1¼ cup all-purpose flour, ¼ cup cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup granulated sugar, ½ cup cold butter, and 1 egg until creamy. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips and ¾ cup dried cherries. Grease a baking sheet and spoon the batter onto the sheet, forming 8-10 scones. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
What are the benefits of making chocolate-cherry scones?
Chocolate-cherry scones are a delicious and easy treat to make! They are a great way to feel like a master baker, even if you’re a novice in the kitchen.
- Making chocolate-cherry scones is a fun activity to do with friends or family. You can spread the joy of baking with the people you love and make memories while doing it.
- These scones make a wonderful breakfast or snack. The combination of sweet chocolate and tart cherries is irresistible and will leave you feeling satisfied.
- Not only are these scones delicious, but making them is also beneficial for your health. Baking with wholesome ingredients like cherries, chocolate, and whole wheat flour means you’re getting a nutritious treat.
- Making chocolate-cherry scones also provides an opportunity to practice your creativity and be creative in the kitchen. You can experiment with different flavors and decoration to make the scones your own.
- Finally, the process of making these scones is therapeutic and calming. Taking the time to measure, mix, and shape each scone can be a great way to relieve stress and enjoy the moment.
What tips can you provide for a successful chocolate-cherry scones baking experience?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, sift together 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Cut ½ cup of chilled butter into cubes and add to the flour mixture.
- Using a pastry blender, work the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add 1 large egg and ¾ cup heavy cream.
- Stir the ingredients until the dough holds together, but be careful not to overmix.
- Add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and ½ cup of dried cherries to the dough, stirring just until combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently, three to four times.
- Pat the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick and use a biscuit cutter to cut out your scones.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter and place the scones on it.
- Bake the scones for 20 minutes, or until they are lightly browned.
- Allow the scones to cool before serving.
What are some variations of the traditional chocolate-cherry scones recipe?
Chocolate-cherry scones are a classic treat that everyone can enjoy! But if you’re looking to switch things up and make something a little more unique, there are plenty of variations on the traditional recipe you can try. Here are some of our favorite ideas for spicing up your chocolate-cherry scones!
- Chocolate-Cherry-Coconut Scones: For a tropical twist, add some shredded coconut to the batter. This will give your scones an extra hint of sweetness and a bit of crunch.
- Chocolate-Cherry-Almond Scones: Almonds are a great addition to any scone recipe, and they go especially well with chocolate and cherries. Just add some chopped almonds for a nutty crunch.
- Chocolate-Cherry-Orange Scones: Orange and chocolate are a classic combination, so why not add some zest to your scones? Just add some freshly grated orange zest to the batter and you’ll have a delicious citrusy twist.
- Chocolate-Cherry-Hazelnut Scones: Hazelnuts have a unique flavor that pairs perfectly with chocolate and cherries. You can either use chopped hazelnuts or hazelnut butter to get that nutty flavor.
- Chocolate-Cherry-Cinnamon Scones: Cinnamon is a great addition to any baked good, and scones are no exception. Add some ground cinnamon to the batter and you’ll have a sweet and spicy treat.
These are just a few ideas for spicing up your chocolate-cherry scones.
How can you best serve chocolate-cherry scones?
Serving chocolate-cherry scones is easy, and the best way to do it is to serve them warm with a generous dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. The combination of warm scones with the cool cream is absolute perfection. Plus, the chocolate and cherries in the scones make them a delightfully indulgent treat.
If you want to take it up a notch, you can also drizzle a little melted chocolate or a warm caramel sauce over the top for an extra special touch. For a special breakfast treat, serve the scones alongside warm maple syrup or a cinnamon-sugar glaze.
If you plan to serve the scones in the evening, you can garnish them with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of grated dark chocolate.