This chocolate cappuccino cheesecake is a delicious and easy to make dessert. It is perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to potlucks. The best part about this recipe is that it can be made ahead of time, so you can relax and enjoy your party without having to worry about the dessert!
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water cooled to room temperature 3 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup heavy whipping cream 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter one 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
2. Combine the chocolate wafer crumbs, softened butter, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and the cinnamon. Mix well and press mixture into the buttered springform pan, set aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat at low speed until very smooth
4.. Melt the 8 ounces semisweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a pan or bowl set over boiling water, stir until smooth..
5.. Add chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend well Stir in sour cream salt coffee 1/4 cup coffee liqueur and vanilla; beat until smooth Pour mixture into prepared pan
6 Bake in the center of oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes Center will be soft but will firm up when chilled Do not over bake Leave cake in oven with heat turned off and door ajar for 45 minutes Remove cake from oven and chill for 12 hours Just before serving top cake with mounds of flavored whipped cream and garnish with chocolate leaves Yields 16
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 107 mg