Nothing is more satisfying than a homemade cake! I love the process of creating something special from scratch and the joy of sharing it with friends and family. My go-to dessert is always chocolate cake with raspberry filling. This is a classic recipe that never fails to impress. I love the rich, moist chocolate cake combined with the tart and sweet raspberry filling. It’s the perfect balance of flavors and textures that always leaves me wanting more. So, if you’re looking for a decadent and delicious treat, try out this amazing Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling!
Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling Recipe
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour
- • ¾ cup cocoa powder
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • ½ teaspoon baking powder
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • 1 cup sugar
- • ½ cup vegetable oil
- • 2 large eggs
- • 1 cup buttermilk
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • ¾ cup raspberry jam
- • ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Hey everyone! Let’s make a delicious Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling!
- First, we need to prepare the ingredients. For this, gather 2 cups of all-purpose flour, ¾ cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 cup sugar, ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, 1 cup buttermilk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. We also need ¾ cup raspberry jam and ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Now, let’s get started! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan, and spread the batter evenly in the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for 30 minutes in the pan.
- Once the cake has cooled, remove from the pan and spread the raspberry jam evenly on top. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, and serve. Enjoy!
- Calories: 522 kcal
- Fat: 22.2 g
- Saturated fat: 10.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 74.8 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Sugar: 41.3 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 77 mg
- Sodium: 483 mg
What’s so special about a chocolate cake with raspberry filling?
If you’re looking for a decadent dessert, you can’t go wrong with a chocolate cake with raspberry filling! This combination of ingredients is sure to tantalize your taste buds, giving you a rich, indulgent treat that is hard to resist.
This particular type of cake is unique in that it combines tart raspberries with rich, chocolatey goodness, resulting in a flavor that is truly unforgettable. The chocolate provides the perfect base for the raspberry, which adds the perfect amount of sweetness and tartness. The combination of these two flavors is simply divine.
The raspberry filling also helps to keep the cake moist and fluffy, ensuring that each bite is soft and delicious. The flavors of the raspberry and chocolate blend together so perfectly that you don’t want to stop eating it.
The best part about this cake is that it can be customized to suit any occasion. If you’re looking for a special treat for a birthday or anniversary, you can dress up the cake with sprinkles or other decorations. Or, if you’re just looking for a simple but delicious dessert, you can keep it simple with a dusting of powdered sugar.
No matter how you decide to serve it, a chocolate cake with raspberry filling is sure to be a hit.
What tips and tricks can you use to ensure your chocolate cake with raspberry filling is a success?
You can ensure your Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Filling is a success with these simple tips and tricks!
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before you start baking. This will help the cake rise properly and create a moist texture.
- Sift the dry ingredients together before adding them to the wet ingredients. This will create a lighter texture and help the cake rise.
- Measure the ingredients accurately. Baking is a science and slight variations in ingredients can have an impact on the final result.
- Use a light hand when folding the ingredients together. Overmixing can result in a dense, heavy cake.
- Grease and line the cake pan with parchment paper before you pour in the batter. This will make it easier to remove the cake from the pan when it’s done baking.
- Don’t forget to add the raspberry filling! It adds a delicious tangy flavor and creates a beautiful contrast between the chocolate cake and raspberry filling.
- Let the cake cool completely before you frost it. This will help you get a nice, smooth finish.
- Let the cake rest for a few hours before serving. This will ensure the flavors meld together and create a delicious cake.
How can you make a chocolate cake with raspberry filling that will impress your friends and family?
Making a chocolate cake with raspberry filling is a great way to impress your friends and family! To make sure you create a show-stopping dessert, follow these simple steps for a delicious and impressive cake.
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, make your chocolate cake batter by combining all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, granulated sugar, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat the ingredients together until a smooth batter forms.
Next, pour the cake batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool before taking it out of the pan.
Once the chocolate cake is cool, prepare the raspberry filling. In a medium-sized pot, bring raspberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water to a simmer. Cook the mixture until it thickens and then remove it from the heat.
Spoon the raspberry filling onto the center of the cake and spread it out evenly. Then, use a spatula to spread the remaining cake batter over the raspberry filling. Bake the cake for an additional 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Take the finished cake out of the oven and let it cool completely.
What ingredients do you need to make a delicious chocolate cake with raspberry filling?
It’s easy to make a delicious chocolate cake with raspberry filling – all you need are some simple ingredients! The key components are all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. You’ll also need buttermilk, pure vanilla extract, and raspberry jam.
To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease the cake pans. In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until they are light and fluffy. Add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar and beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add the buttermilk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined – be careful not to overmix. Divide the batter evenly among the greased cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once the cakes are done baking, allow them to cool completely before adding the raspberry filling. Spread the raspberry jam on the bottom layer and top with the second cake layer.
What are some unique ways to serve a chocolate cake with raspberry filling that will make it even more delicious?
You can make a chocolate cake with raspberry filling even more delicious by offering some unique serving ideas. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- For a whimsical presentation, serve your chocolate cake with raspberry filling in individual cupcake tins. This presentation will make your cake fun and exciting to eat and will be sure to put a smile on your guests’ faces.
- For a classic presentation, bake the cake in a springform pan and invert it onto a cake stand. This presentation will give your cake an elegant and sophisticated look.
- For something a bit more adventurous, bake the cake in a loaf pan and cut it into thick slices. Serve the slices with a dollop of freshly whipped cream on the side.
- For a more modern presentation, bake the cake in a sheet pan and use a biscuit cutter to make circles. Place each circle on a plate and top with a raspberry sauce.
These are just a few ideas for making your chocolate cake with raspberry filling even more delicious. With a bit of creativity, you can come up with many more unique and tasty presentation ideas.