Delicious Chai Tea Cookies – An Easy Recipe
I love the aroma of chai tea and I especially love it when it is used in a delicious cookie recipe like this one. I can’t wait to get baking and filling my kitchen with the comforting scent of cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger. These Chai Tea Cookies are a great way to use up leftover chai tea and they make the perfect treat for a cozy afternoon.
Chai Tea Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chai tea latte mix (such as Oregon Chai)
- Hey everyone!
- You’re going to love these Chai Tea Cookies! Here’s what you’ll need:
- cup all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking soda
- /4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- /4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- /4 teaspoon ground ginger
- /4 teaspoon ground cloves
- /2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- /2 cup granulated sugar
- large egg
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- /4 cup packed light brown sugar
- /4 cup chai tea latte mix (such as Oregon Chai)
- Now let’s get started!
- First, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the light brown sugar and chai tea latte mix and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrates: 28.7g
- Sugar: 15.7g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 197mg
What is the perfect snack to enjoy with a cup of chai tea?
When it comes to snacking with a cup of chai tea, there really is no better pairing than chai tea cookies! Chai tea cookies are the perfect way to add a unique twist to your tea time. Not only do they add an enjoyable crunch to the tea-drinking experience, but they also provide a delicious flavor that perfectly complements chai tea’s warm, spicy notes.
Chai tea cookies are easy to make and offer a wide variety of flavor possibilities. To make them, start by combining butter, sugar, and some of your favorite spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Once the mixture is combined, add in some chai tea leaves and mix until incorporated. Then, form the dough into small rounds and bake for about 10 minutes. Once the cookies are golden and fragrant, remove them from the oven and enjoy with a steaming cup of chai tea.
If you’d rather not make your own chai tea cookies, there are also many varieties available in stores. One of the most popular is the classic spiced chai tea cookie, which has a buttery, crumbly texture and a warm, spicy flavor. For a unique spin, you can also try chai-infused oatmeal cookies or chai tea-flavored shortbread.
No matter which type of chai tea cookie you choose, it’s sure to make your next cup of chai tea even more enjoyable.
What makes chai tea cookies the ideal accompaniment to a hot cup of chai tea?
When it comes to pairing a warm and comforting cup of chai tea with a sweet treat, chai tea cookies are the ideal accompaniment! Not only do the spices in the cookie match the flavor profile of the tea, but the soft texture and warmth of the cookie perfectly complements the smooth, creamy texture of the chai tea.
Chai tea cookies are a type of spiced cookie that usually contains cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and sometimes nutmeg or black pepper. These aromatics perfectly capture the flavors of chai tea, adding a fragrant and flavorful note to the cookie. The spices also add to the texture of the cookie, making it slightly crunchy and delightfully chewy.
What really sets chai tea cookies apart from other cookies is the warmth of the cookie. After baking, these cookies are often glazed with butter, honey, or sugar, giving them a warm and glossy sheen. This adds the perfect finishing touch to the cookie, and when paired with a hot cup of chai tea, it creates a delicious combination that will fill your kitchen with a warm and inviting scent.
So if you’re looking for a cozy way to enjoy your favorite chai tea, chai tea cookies are the perfect accompaniment. Not only do the flavors and textures of the cookie match the tea, but the warmth of the cookie will add a special touch to your afternoon tea break.
What tips and tricks can you use to ensure perfectly baked chai tea cookies every time?
You can use these simple tips and tricks to ensure perfectly baked chai tea cookies every time:
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that the cookies bake evenly and don’t burn.
- Make sure that the cookie dough is chilled before baking. This will help the cookies hold their shape and keep them from spreading too much.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will ensure that the cookies don’t stick to the pan and make clean-up easier.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out even amounts of dough for each cookie. This will help ensure that your cookies are all the same size and bake evenly.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown. You don’t want to overcook them, or they will be dry and crumbly.
- Once the cookies are done baking, let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
What flavors and spices make chai tea cookies so delicious?
You’ve likely heard about the incredible taste of chai tea cookies, but what makes them so flavorful? The answer lies in the combination of spices and flavors that make up this delicious treat. From cardamom to cinnamon, ginger, and cloves, each spice adds its own unique flavor to make a cookie that is simply divine.
Cardamom is a spice that is often found in chai tea cookies, as it has a warm and sweet flavor that works perfectly with the other spices. It is also often used to make chai tea itself. Meanwhile, cinnamon adds a warming flavor to the cookies, and is also used to make traditional chai tea. Ginger adds a spicy kick, while cloves bring a hint of sweetness. All of these spices combined make for a delicious treat that has a unique and complex flavor.
The sweet and spicy flavors of chai tea cookies make them a favorite among many, and the combination of spices adds a depth of flavor that can’t be matched. From cardamom to cinnamon and ginger to cloves, each spice adds its own flavor to make one of the most delicious cookies out there.
What are the steps involved in making chai tea cookie dough?
Making chai tea cookie dough is easy and fun! All you need is a few basic ingredients, a whisk, and some time to let the dough chill in the fridge. Here’s how to make it:
- Start by sifting together 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 1 stick of softened butter, ¾ cup of granulated sugar, and ¼ cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 large egg and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract to the creamed butter and sugar and mix until combined.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Lastly, stir in 1 teaspoon of ground chai tea, ½ teaspoon of cardamom, and ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves until everything is evenly mixed.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before scooping it onto your baking sheet. Then bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
How can you store chai tea cookies to maintain their freshness?
Storing chai tea cookies correctly can help keep them as fresh and delicious as possible for much longer. The best way to do this is to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container. This will help keep moisture out and keep the cookies from becoming stale. Additionally, make sure you store them away from heat and direct sunlight. If possible, place them in a cool, dry place in your pantry or kitchen.
If you plan to store the cookies for a longer period of time, you may want to place them in the refrigerator or freezer. Cookies stored in the refrigerator will last up to four weeks, and cookies stored in the freezer will last up to three months. Make sure to wrap them well with plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container before putting them in the refrigerator or freezer. When ready to eat, let the cookies come to room temperature before serving.
Following these simple tips will help you store your chai tea cookies and maintain their freshness for longer.