I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who isn’t a fan of carrot cake, and these Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect way to get that same flavor without the hassle of baking a full-sized cake. These cookies are easy to make, use simple ingredients, and make a delicious snack or dessert that everyone will love. I’ve been making these cookies for years and they always turn out perfectly soft, chewy, and full of delicious carrot cake flavor. So grab your ingredients and get baking—you won’t be disappointed!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Let’s make some delicious Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, light-brown sugar and granulated sugar. Pour the melted butter and mix until it is well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the large bowl and mix it until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Now add the grated carrots, raisins and chopped walnuts (optional) to the mixture and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Take the dry ingredients from the medium bowl and add it to the large bowl. Mix until everything is combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take a tablespoon of dough and form it into a ball. Place it on the baking sheet and flatten it slightly. Do this with the rest of the dough.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 13 minutes.
- Once the cookies are done baking, let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies!
- Calories: 515
- Total Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
- Sodium: 285 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 79 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sugars: 41 g
- Protein: 8 g
What are carrot cake oatmeal cookies?
Carrot cake oatmeal cookies are a delicious treat! They combine the classic flavors of carrot cake with the old-fashioned goodness of oatmeal cookies. These cookies are full of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and are packed with crunchy carrots, chewy oats, and sweet raisins. The combination of all these flavors creates a unique and tasty cookie that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
What ingredients are needed for carrot cake oatmeal cookies?
If you’re looking to make some delicious carrot cake oatmeal cookies, you’ll need a few simple ingredients to get started. Here’s what you’ll need to make the perfect batch: rolled oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, vanilla extract, grated carrots, and chopped walnuts.
To begin, preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, then add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Lastly, stir in the grated carrots and chopped walnuts.
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving enough space between each cookie. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden. Let cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
What are the benefits of eating carrot cake oatmeal cookies?
Eating carrot cake oatmeal cookies can provide a range of health benefits. These delicious treats can provide important vitamins and minerals while satisfying a sweet tooth.
- Carrot cake oatmeal cookies are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation, protect against heart disease, and boost brain health.
- Carrots are a good source of fiber, which can help you feel fuller for longer and aid digestion.
- Carrot cake oatmeal cookies are also an excellent source of vitamin A, which is important for healthy eyesight, skin, and bones.
- Eating these cookies can boost your immune system with the help of other vitamins like vitamin C and iron.
- Carrot cake oatmeal cookies are also a great source of antioxidants, which can help protect against cancer, reduce inflammation, and fight free radicals.
- Finally, carrot cake oatmeal cookies are a great guilt-free treat that can satisfy a sweet tooth without the added sugar and fat found in other desserts.
How do you make carrot cake oatmeal cookies?
Making carrot cake oatmeal cookies is a fun and easy way to enjoy the flavor of carrot cake in a healthier cookie form! Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 & 1/4 cups of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In a small bowl, cream together 1/4 cup of softened butter, 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 large egg until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/4 cup of grated carrot, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg to the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Drop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
What tips can you give for making perfect carrot cake oatmeal cookies?
Making the perfect carrot cake oatmeal cookie doesn’t require you to be a master baker; just follow a few simple tips! Here’s what you’ll need to know to make the most delicious cookies:
- Use a mix of old-fashioned oats and quick-cooking oats. Old-fashioned oats provide a chewy texture, while quick-cooking oats help keep the cookies from spreading too much when baking.
- Add in plenty of chopped walnuts for crunch.
- Be sure to use plenty of carrots! The best carrot cake oatmeal cookies are chock full of shredded carrots.
- Add a hint of cinnamon for just the right amount of flavor.
- Use butter instead of margarine for a richer flavor.
- Don’t forget the cream cheese frosting! This is the key to perfect carrot cake oatmeal cookies.
What recipes can you try with carrot cake oatmeal cookies?
If you’ve got a batch of carrot cake oatmeal cookies and don’t know what to do with them, don’t worry! There are plenty of delicious recipes you can try. Here are a few of our favorites:
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Sandwiches: Take two carrot cake oatmeal cookies and spread your favorite cream cheese frosting in the middle to make a sandwich. This combination of sweet and crunchy is sure to be a hit!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Parfait: Layer oatmeal cookies with yogurt and top with grated carrots and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Kids will love this fun and healthy dessert!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Milkshake: Blend carrots, oatmeal cookies, and vanilla ice cream for a thick and creamy milkshake. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a special treat.
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bars: Spread cream cheese frosting over the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with a layer of carrot cake oatmeal cookies, followed by a layer of grated carrots, and another layer of oatmeal cookies. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake for 20 minutes. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Whether you want an easy snack or a special treat, these recipes will help you make the most of your carrot cake oatmeal cookies.