I’m excited to share my favorite sugar cookie recipe with you today – Butterbeer Sugar Cookies! I’ve been making this recipe for years and each time I take a bite of one of these delicious cookies, I’m reminded of why I love them so much. Soft, chewy and filled with that classic Butterbeer flavor, these cookies make for the perfect snack or dessert. So let’s get baking and make some of these delicious treats!
Butterbeer Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butterscotch schnapps
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Fold in the butterscotch and white chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the heavy cream and butterscotch schnapps.
- Gradually add the liquid mixture to the cookie dough, stirring until completely incorporated.
- Drop the cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your Butterbeer Sugar Cookies!
- Calories: 567
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 78g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 565mg
- Sugar: 45g
What ingredients do you need to make butterbeer sugar cookies?
If you’re looking to make some delicious butterbeer sugar cookies, you’ll need the following ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and butterscotch pudding mix.
You can find all of these items in most local grocery stores. Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until they become light and fluffy. Add the eggs one by one and mix until they become fully combined. Mix in the vanilla extract and butterscotch pudding mix until combined.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour before scooping out with a cookie scoop and baking on a lined baking sheet for 12-14 minutes.
What tips can you use to make butterbeer sugar cookies even better?
You can make your butterbeer sugar cookies even better with these easy tips:
- Add a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon to give your cookies a hint of spice.
- Swap out the regular sugar for dark brown sugar to make your cookies extra rich and sweet.
- Try adding a few drops of butter extract to give your cookies a boost of buttery flavor.
- For a crunchier cookie, add a handful of chopped nuts.
- If you like a chewy cookie, add 1-2 tablespoons of molasses.
- Sprinkle some edible glitter on top of your cookies before baking for a sparkly treat.
- Make a delicious glaze with a mixture of melted butter and powdered sugar for an extra decadent touch.
How do you store butterbeer sugar cookies for the best flavor?
Storing your butterbeer sugar cookies correctly is key to achieving the most delicious flavor! Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Keep the cookies airtight: If you want to preserve the flavor of your butterbeer sugar cookies, make sure to store them in an airtight container. This will keep them fresh and the flavor will remain intact.
- Avoid humidity: Humidity can cause the sugar in your butterbeer sugar cookies to become clumpy, so make sure to store them in a cool, dry place.
- Place in the freezer: To keep your butterbeer sugar cookies fresh for a longer period of time, place them in an airtight container in the freezer. This will prevent them from becoming stale.
- Enjoy within a few days: For the best flavor, consume your butterbeer sugar cookies within a few days of baking. After that, the flavor might start to diminish.
With these tips, you can ensure that your butterbeer sugar cookies stay fresh and flavorful.
What is the process for making butterbeer sugar cookies?
Making butterbeer sugar cookies is easy and fun! You’ll be ready to enjoy these treats in no time. Here’s the step-by-step process for making your own delicious butterbeer sugar cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Beat in the egg and egg yolk, then mix in the molasses, vanilla extract, and rum extract.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Take out the dough and knead it into a ball.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface and cut out the shapes of your choice.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool before frosting them with a cream cheese butterbeer frosting.
What is the nutritional value of these cookies?
You’ll be happy to know that these irresistible Butterbeer Sugar Cookies are actually quite nutritious! With each delicious bite, you’ll be getting all the goodness of butter, sugar and spices, plus a good dose of essential vitamins and minerals.
These cookies are a great source of fiber, protein and healthy fats, as well as vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, magnesium, and potassium. And because the sugar content isn’t too high, you won’t feel guilty for indulging in a few of these scrumptious treats! Plus, with a hint of spices like nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, you’ll be getting a flavorful boost of antioxidants.
Butterbeer Sugar Cookies are also high in calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth, as well as a healthy immune system. The combination of butter and sugar also provides energy to keep you going throughout the day, so you can enjoy these treats without feeling too guilty about it.
So the next time you’re in the mood for something sweet and buttery, why not grab a handful of these Butterbeer Sugar Cookies? Not only will they satisfy your cravings, they’ll also give you a healthy dose of essential vitamins and minerals.
What other flavor variations can you make with butterbeer sugar cookies?
You can make all kinds of flavor variations with butterbeer sugar cookies! Some of the most popular flavor variations include adding ground cinnamon and nutmeg, adding a teaspoon of maple extract, or mixing in some dried cranberries. If you’re feeling bold, you could even add a pinch of cayenne pepper for some added kick. For a truly decadent treat, you can add a few tablespoons of dark chocolate chips to the cookie dough before baking.
What creative ways can you use butterbeer sugar cookies to make special treats?
You can use butterbeer sugar cookies to make all kinds of special treats! Whether you’re hosting a Harry Potter themed party or just want to enjoy a special treat, these cookies are a delicious way to make something unique. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Butterbeer cupcakes – Start off by making a batch of butterbeer sugar cookies. Once they’re cool, crumble them up and use them as a base for a batch of butterbeer cupcakes. Top them off with a butterbeer frosting and a sprinkle of cookie crumbs and you’ve got a show-stopping treat!
- Butterbeer ice cream sandwiches – Take two of the butterbeer sugar cookies and top one with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Then, top with the second cookie and press gently to form a sandwich. Roll the edges in sprinkles, if desired, and enjoy!
- Butterbeer cookie pops – Make a batch of butterbeer sugar cookies and let them cool. Then, stick a lollipop stick into the center of each cookie and dip in melted white chocolate. Add some sprinkles or crushed cookies for fun decoration, and you’ve got a tasty treat that’s sure to impress!
These are just a few of the creative ways you can use butterbeer sugar cookies to make special treats.