I’ll never forget the first time I tried Brownie Baked Alaska. I was at a restaurant with my family, and my dad had ordered it for dessert. As soon as it arrived at the table, I was mesmerized by the presentation. It was a towering mound of light and fluffy meringue that was lightly toasted, sitting atop a rich and fudgy brownie. I couldn’t wait to take a bite, and when I finally did, I was in heaven. The combination of the crunchy meringue and the gooey brownie was incredible. I knew right then and there that this was a dessert I would be making at home. So, without further ado, I present to you my recipe for Brownie Baked Alaska.
Brownie Baked Alaska Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Add in the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8-inch baking dish and pour in the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, scoop the ice cream onto the cooled brownie.
- Spread the ice cream evenly over the brownie.
- Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the ice cream.
- Drizzle the melted dark chocolate over the top.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Enjoy your Brownie Baked Alaska!
- Calories: 400
- Total Fat: 18g
- Sat. Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 250mg
- Total Carbs: 53g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 32g
- Protein: 5g
What is brownie baked alaska?
Brownie Baked Alaska is a delicious dessert treat that combines two classic desserts: brownies and Baked Alaska. It is a layered cake made of a moist, rich brownie base, topped with a creamy ice cream filling, and topped off with an airy meringue. The combination of the soft, rich brownie and the light, fluffy meringue is truly something special. Not only is it a decadent, indulgent dessert, but it also looks impressive when served.
What makes brownie baked alaska special?
Brownie Baked Alaska is a delectable treat that combines two classic desserts into one. With rich chocolate brownie as the base and creamy, fluffy meringue topping, it’s a unique and special sweet treat. The combination of textures and flavors creates a truly unique experience that’s sure to please any brownie lover.
The brownie base of this dessert is what gives it its distinct flavor and texture. The chewy, fudgy chocolate brownie is the perfect accompaniment to the light, airy meringue. The contrast between the two is what makes Brownie Baked Alaska so special.
The meringue topping is what really sets this dessert apart from other brownie recipes. It’s made with egg whites, sugar, and a pinch of cream of tartar that’s beaten until stiff peaks form. The meringue is then spread over the top of the brownie and baked until it’s lightly browned and crisp. The meringue locks in the moisture from the brownie base and creates a unique flavor combination that’s hard to resist.
The presentation of Brownie Baked Alaska is also special. The brownie base is typically cut into squares and served with the meringue topping in the center. This allows the flavors to really stand out and each bite offers a unique combination of warm, gooey brownie and light, fluffy meringue.
Overall, Brownie Baked Alaska is a unique and special treat that combines two classic desserts into one. The contrast between the rich chocolate brownie base and the light and airy meringue topping creates a flavor and texture combination that’s sure to please any brownie lover. The presentation of the dessert is also special and provides a unique experience that can’t be found in any other dessert.
What tips can you share for making brownie baked alaska?
Start by making a brownie layer: Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix together 1/2 cup (113g) butter, melted and cooled, 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract, and 2 large eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup (30g) cocoa powder, and 1/4 teaspoon (1g) salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Allow the brownie layer to cool completely before proceeding.
- Make the ice cream layer: Use an electric stand mixer to whip 2 cups (480ml) heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, beat together 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar and 4 large egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the egg whites, then fold in 2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract. Spread the mixture over the cooled brownie layer and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Make the meringue layer: Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C). In a large bowl, beat together 2 large egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon (1g) cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the ice cream layer and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the meringue is lightly golden brown. Allow the Brownie Baked Alaska to cool before serving.
What are the steps for making brownie baked alaska?
Making brownie baked alaska is a delicious and fun way to impress your friends and family! It’s a yummy combination of two classic desserts that comes together to create something truly special. Here are the steps for making this indulgent treat:
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a 9×9-inch (23×23 cm) baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup (115 g) of all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup (150 g) of granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) of salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 8 tablespoons (113 g) of softened butter and 1/2 cup (113 g) of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and chocolate mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before assembling.
- To assemble, cut a brownie into the shape of a circle and place in the center of a heatproof dish. Top with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
- Create an egg white meringue by whisking 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) of cream of tartar in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup (100 g) of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of vanilla extract, and 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) of salt. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Spread the meringue over the brownie and ice cream in the dish. Bake for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
What ingredients will you need for brownie baked alaska?
Making a Brownie Baked Alaska is an exciting and delicious dessert! To make it, you’ll need some essential ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Brownies – you can use a boxed brownie mix or make your own from scratch.
- Ice cream – pick your favorite flavor to layer on top of the brownies.
- Egg whites – you’ll need these to make the meringue topping.
- White sugar – it adds sweetness and helps to give the meringue a nice texture.
- Vanilla extract – this adds flavor to the meringue.
- Heavy cream – this helps to give the meringue a light and fluffy texture.
- Chocolate chips – to sprinkle on top.
What are the key elements of a successful brownie baked alaska?
The key elements of a successful Brownie Baked Alaska are simple: delicious chocolatey brownies, velvety ice cream, and a fluffy meringue. When combined together, these three elements create a delightful combination of flavors and textures that are sure to please any sweet tooth. To make a truly show-stopping Brownie Baked Alaska, you’ll need to pay attention to detail and use the finest ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Rich and Fudgy Brownies: Start with an ultra-rich chocolate brownie recipe, such as a classic fudgy style. Make sure to bake the brownies until they have a slightly crispy crust and a soft center.
- Velvety Ice Cream: When it comes to the ice cream layer, opt for a classic French vanilla or a more inventive flavor like salted caramel. Be sure to use a high-quality ice cream that won’t melt too quickly when you assemble the Brownie Baked Alaska.
- Fluffy Meringue: The meringue should be light and airy, with a glossy finish. Whip up the meringue until it reaches stiff peaks and then spread it over the ice cream layer.
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to assemble your Brownie Baked Alaska. Arrange the brownie pieces in an oven-safe dish, top with the ice cream, and then spread the meringue over the top. Finally, pop it in the oven and bake until the meringue is golden-brown.