I can still remember the first time I ever tasted a blueberry muffin cake. It was my grandmother’s recipe, and she made it for me when I was a child. I was amazed by how soft and fluffy the cake was, and the little bursts of blueberry flavor were heavenly. As I grew older, I decided to try making my own version of the recipe, and I’m so glad I did! This blueberry muffin cake has become a family favorite, and I can’t wait for you to try it!
Blueberry Muffin Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-inch cake pan with butter and flour.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour in the milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and top with the remaining ½ cup of blueberries.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy your delicious Blueberry Muffin Cake!
- Calories: 327
- Total Fat: 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 63.2 mg
- Sodium: 270.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Sugars: 21.2 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
What makes blueberry muffin cake so special?
Blueberry muffin cake is special because it is a delicious way to combine two classic breakfast treats – blueberry muffins and cake! Not only does it look amazing when you cut a slice, it also tastes incredible. With a wonderful balance of sweet and tart flavors, this cake is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Plus, the moist texture and light crumb make it super enjoyable to eat.
How can you make the perfect blueberry muffin cake?
Making the perfect blueberry muffin cake is easier than you think! All you need is a few simple ingredients and a bit of creativity and you’ll be baking like a pro in no time. Here are some tips for creating the perfect blueberry muffin cake:
First, choose a good quality cake mix. There are a few different varieties available, so make sure to pick one that you like. Also, make sure to get plenty of fresh blueberries for the topping.
Next, add in some extra ingredients to give your muffin cake an extra burst of flavour. Some ideas include chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even a splash of orange juice.
When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter and then pour in the batter. Sprinkle the blueberries and other ingredients on top.
Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely before slicing and serving.
What are the benefits of adding blueberries to a muffin cake?
Adding blueberries to a muffin cake is a great way to make a delicious and nutritious dessert! Here are some of the benefits of this tasty treat:
- Increased Nutritional Value: Blueberries are a low-calorie, nutrient-rich fruit packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. When added to a muffin cake, they boost the overall nutritional value of the dessert.
- Delicious Taste: The sweet and tart flavor of blueberries pairs perfectly with the buttery taste of a muffin cake. Plus, blueberries add an extra burst of flavor and texture to the dessert.
- Easy and Versatile: Adding blueberries to a muffin cake is simple and quick. Plus, you can use fresh or frozen berries and mix them with a variety of other ingredients to create a unique and delicious cake.
- Low-Fat Treat: Blueberries are naturally low in fat and can be used to replace some of the butter and oil in the muffin cake. This helps to make it a healthier option for those looking for a guilt-free snack.
What are some creative ways to serve blueberry muffin cake?
There are so many delicious and creative ways to serve blueberry muffin cake! Whether you’re looking for something special for a special occasion or just want to enjoy a tasty treat at home, there are a few different options for you.
One of the most popular ways to serve blueberry muffin cake is with a rich, creamy topping. You can use store-bought or homemade whipped cream, or even a homemade or store-bought cream cheese frosting to add a decadent touch. For an even more indulgent treat, top with a scoop of ice cream or some fresh berries.
If you’re looking for a lighter option, try a drizzle of honey or maple syrup over the top of the cake. You can also add some chopped nuts or a sprinkle of cinnamon for added flavor and texture.
For a fun twist on the traditional blueberry muffin cake, try adding some crushed Oreos or even a layer of jam in the middle. Or, you could top the cake with a layer of glaze or a combination of both.
For a more savory option, try adding some cheese, such as a blue cheese crumbles, to the cake. This will create a unique flavor combination that will be sure to please.
No matter how you choose to serve blueberry muffin cake, you can be sure that it will be a hit with everyone. With so many delicious options, there’s sure to be something for everyone.
What are some ideas to make blueberry muffin cake more interesting?
If you’re looking to add some excitement to your blueberry muffin cake, there are lots of easy and delicious ideas! From adding a crunchy streusel topping to making an easy blueberry glaze, there are so many ways to customize this classic treat. Here are some of our favorite ideas for spicing up your blueberry muffin cake.
- Streusel Topping: Adding a layer of crunchy streusel over the top of your blueberry muffin cake is a great way to add texture and flavor. Simply mix together some melted butter, brown sugar, oats, and flour and sprinkle it over the top of the cake before baking.
- Blueberry Glaze: Give your muffin cake an elegant finish with a sweet and tart blueberry glaze. Just mix together frozen blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch and simmer until thickened. Then brush the glaze over the top of your muffin cake before serving.
- White Chocolate Chips: If you’re looking for a luxurious touch, add some white chocolate chips to the batter before baking. The chips will melt into the cake and create pockets of delectable sweetness.
- Coconut: For a tropical twist, sprinkle shredded coconut over the top of the cake before baking. The coconut will toast up in the oven, creating a nutty, coconut-y flavor and adding some crunch.
By adding one or more of these simple ingredients, you can turn your basic blueberry muffin cake into a showstopper.