If you’re looking for a scrumptious dessert that will delight your taste buds and have your friends begging for the recipe, then look no further than my Blueberry and Fig Crostata! I first tried this recipe a few months ago and instantly fell in love. The sweet and tart flavors of the blueberries and figs combine perfectly with the buttery, flaky crust to create a truly special treat that I guarantee won’t disappoint. The best part? It’s surprisingly easy to make, so you can enjoy this amazing dessert in no time!
Blueberry and Fig Crostata Recipe
30 . mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fresh figs, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Welcome to your Blueberry and Fig Crostata recipe! Let’s get started!
- First, in a large bowl, mix together the 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cut 8 tablespoons of cold, unsalted butter into cubes and add it to the bowl. Using a fork or your hands, mix the butter into the flour until it resembles a course meal.
- Next, slowly add 1/2 cup ice water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the dough. Mix until the dough comes together. Once it is formed, wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the filling. Slice 3 fresh figs and place them in a bowl. Add 2 cups of fresh blueberries to the bowl and mix together. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, the juice of 1 lemon, and 2 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Take the chilled dough out of the fridge and roll it out on a lightly floured surface. Place it in a 9-inch (23-cm) tart pan and trim the edges.
- Spread the berry filling onto the rolled-out dough. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top and bake for 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Let the crostata cool for at least 30 minutes before serving. Your delicious Blueberry and Fig Crostata is ready to enjoy!
- Calories: 332, Fat: 16.4g, Saturated Fat: 8.3g, Cholesterol: 34mg, Sodium: 267mg, Carbohydrates: 43.1g, Fiber: 3.3g, Sugar: 16.3g, Protein: 4.3g
What is a crostata and why is it the perfect dessert for any occasion?
A crostata is a delicious Italian dessert tart made with a flaky pastry crust filled with fruit, nuts, or other sweet fillings. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion because it looks and tastes amazing, is easy to make, and can be customized to your own personal tastes. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any extra fruit you may have around the kitchen!
To make a crostata, the first step is to make the pastry crust. There are many types of crusts you can use, from pre-made store bought versions to homemade dough. Whichever you choose, make sure to roll it out on a lightly floured surface. Once the crust is ready, transfer it to a lined baking sheet and fill it with either fresh or cooked fruit, such as Blueberries and Figs, along with any other desired ingredients.
Once the filling is in place, the crostata is ready to be baked. Bake it in an oven preheated to 375F for about 30 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Once it’s done, let it cool before serving.
A crostata is the perfect dessert because it is both delicious and versatile. You can use any type of fruit, nut, or other flavorings to create a unique and tasty treat. Plus, it looks impressive when served, making it a great choice for any special occasion.
So if you’re looking for a delicious dessert that is sure to impress, look no further than a crostata. Whether you’re making a Blueberry and Fig Crostata or a classic Apple Crostata, you can be sure that it will be a hit at any gathering.
What makes the combination of blueberry and fig so special?
The combination of blueberry and fig in a crostata is truly special. With the sweet and slightly sour taste of blueberries and the earthy, nutty flavor of figs, each bite is a unique and delicious experience. Plus, both fruits are incredibly versatile and pair well with a variety of flavors. For instance, you can add a little lemon zest to bring out the sweetness in the blueberries, while the figs can be enhanced with a sprinkle of cinnamon. The combination is truly one-of-a-kind.
To make the combination even more special, both blueberries and figs are packed with nutrients. Blueberries are an excellent source of antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation and protect against free radicals. Figs are also an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, including fiber and potassium. Together, these two fruits make for a healthy, wholesome treat that you can feel good about eating.
Finally, blueberry and fig crostata is an incredibly easy and visually appealing dessert. The combination of vibrant blueberries and delicate figs creates a stunning presentation, especially when served with a dollop of freshly-whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Plus, the recipe is simple and can be prepared in just a few steps.
The combination of blueberry and fig is truly special, and a crostata is the perfect way to enjoy it. With its sweet and slightly sour taste, earthy and nutty flavor, and incredible health benefits, this unique combination is sure to be a hit at any gathering.
What are some tips and tricks for baking a beautiful and scrumptious crostata?
Start with a good quality pre-made pie crust. It can save you time and hassle and still turn out a delicious crostata.
- Make sure to use a generous amount of butter when making the crust for a flaky and buttery texture.
- Take your time to roll out the dough. The dough should be about a quarter of an inch thick for a crisp and crunchy crust.
- Before putting the filling in, brush the crust with an egg wash. This will give it a nice golden-brown color after baking.
- For the best flavor, use ripe and juicy blueberries.
- When adding the figs, cut them into small pieces. This will ensure they cook evenly.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top of the filling for a sweet and crunchy texture.
- Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes or until the crust is golden-brown.
- Allow the crostata to cool before serving.
How can you make a delicious and easy-to-make crostata?
Making a delicious and easy-to-make crostata is simple and enjoyable! All you need is a few ingredients, a little bit of time, and a few helpful tips. For a mouthwatering Blueberry and Fig Crostata, you’ll need: 3 cups of blueberries, 2 cups of figs, 1/2 cup of packed dark brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup of butter, and one 9-inch store-bought pie crust.
To start, preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, figs, dark brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Mix until everything is well-combined and set aside.
Next, place the pie crust onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread the butter over the top. Pour the blueberry and fig mixture into the middle of the pie crust and fold the edges up and over the mixture, pinching them together to form a crust. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let the crostata cool before serving.
That’s it! With just a few ingredients and a bit of time, you can make a delicious and easy-to-make Blueberry and Fig Crostata.
What types of accompaniments pair well with a blueberry and fig crostata?
When it comes to blueberry and fig crostata, the possibilities for accompaniments are endless! Whether you’re serving this delicious dessert as part of a dinner party or a special occasion, there are a variety of accompaniments that pair perfectly with the sweet and tart flavors of the crostata. For a light accompaniment, try a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream. If you’re looking for something a bit more substantial, a dollop of honey or Greek yogurt can be a great way to add a bit of sweetness and richness. For a savory twist, try a scoop of tangy goat cheese or a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
What is the nutritional value of a blueberry and fig crostata?
The nutritional value of a blueberry and fig crostata is impressive! This delectable dessert is packed full of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. It contains essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, and folate. It also provides essential minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium. Additionally, blueberries are high in fiber and are a great source of antioxidants. Figs are also rich in antioxidants and are an excellent source of dietary fiber.
The combination of blueberries and figs in a crostata make for an incredibly healthy and delicious treat. The deliciousness of a blueberry and fig crostata comes from the combination of the sweet, tangy blueberries and the slightly nutty and sweet figs. It also contains a healthy dose of olive oil, which is a good source of healthy fats.