This banana nut cake recipe is a moist and delicious cake that is perfect for any occasion. Made with ripe bananas, nuts, and spices, this cake is sure to please everyone.
- 2 eggs, 1 tsp baking soda, 4 tbsp buttermilk, 1/2 cup butter, 1.5 cups white sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1.5 cups all-purpose flour, 3 ripe bananas (mashed), 1 cup chopped pecans OR walnuts, 3 tbsp softened butter or margarine , 2 cups confectioners’ sugar , 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream ,1/4 cup whole pecans for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
2. Separate the eggs and set aside.
3. Stir the baking soda into the buttermilk.
4. Cream 1/2 cup of the butter or margarine with the white sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy then add in egg yolks and vanilla, beating well until combined before adding flour alternately with mashed bananas until all ingredients are mixed together thoroughly
5. In a new bowl, beat egg whites until stiff then fold in pecans before adding them to cake batter
6. Pour batter into prepared pans, making sure it is divided evenly between both 7. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until cakes test done by inserting a toothpick into center of each cake- if it comes out clean, they are done
8. Let cakes cool in pan for about 10 minutes before inverting onto wire racks to finish cooling completely
9. To Make Icing: Cream 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with 2 cups confectioners’ sugar in a bowl until smooth then stir in heavy cream until combined 10. Spread icing on
- Calories: 2200
- Fat: 100 g
- Saturated fat: 40 g
- Cholesterol: 400 mg
- Sodium: 2800 mg
- Potassium: 3500 mg
- Carbohydrates: 310 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Sugar: 210 g
- Protein: 30 g
What is the difference between banana bread and banana cake?
Banana bread and banana cake are two popular desserts made with bananas as the main ingredient. Though both recipes use bananas, there are some key differences between them.
For starters, banana bread is firmer and denser in texture than banana cake. This is due to the fact that banana bread uses less sugar and fat than banana cake. As a result, banana bread has a more dense and moist texture, while banana cake is lighter and fluffier. Another difference between these two desserts is thatbanana bread is typically baked in a loaf pan, while banana cake is baked in a round or square cake pan.
So, what’s the bottom line? If you’re looking for a denser, more moist dessert made with bananas, go for Banana Bread.
Why banana cake is called by its name?
Banana cake is a cake made with banana as one of the main ingredients. It can be prepared in various manners, including as a layer cake, as muffins and as cupcakes. The most common type of banana cake is the steamed banana cake which is found in Chinese, Indonesian and Vietnamese cuisine. In the Philippines, the term “banana cake” refers to banana bread introduced during the American colonial period of the Philippines.
There are many theories on why banana cake is called by its name. One theory suggests that the word “cake” comes from the Old Norse word “kaka”, which means a flat, round loaf or biscuit. Another theory suggests that the word “cake” comes from the Latin word “placenta”, which was used to describe a type of flatbread made with flour and milk (similar to modern-day pancakes). Yet another theory posits that early cakes were actually more like what we would now call pudding or custard, made with eggs, milk and cream rather than flour and baking soda/powder.
Whats the difference between a cake and a loaf?
A cake is a dessert that is typically made with flour, sugar, eggs, butter, and baking powder or soda. A loaf cake is a type of cake that is baked in a loaf pan. The main difference between a cake and a loaf cake is the ingredients and ratio of those ingredients.
Typically, a cake will have more sugar than flour whereas a loafcake will have more flour than sugar. This difference in ratios creates two different textures – cakes are fluffy and light while loafcakes are dense and moist. Another difference between the two desserts is how they are mixed. Cakes are usually beaten longer to incorporate more air whereas loaves are less beaten resulting in a denser texture.
So what’s the best way to enjoy each? Cakes can be enjoyed as-is or with frosting whereas loaves pair well with coffee or tea since they tend to be on the sweet side already. When it comes to storage, both types of desserts should be kept in an airtight container at room temperature where they will stay fresh for 3-5 days (if they last that long!).
What’s the difference between banana bread and banana muffins?
Banana bread and banana muffins are two delicious baked goods made with ripe bananas. Both recipes start with a sweet batter full of mashed bananas, ground cinnamon, and toasted nuts. So what’s the difference between these two tasty treats?
The key difference between banana bread and banana muffins is the baking time. Banana muffins are designed to be cooked for a shorter period of time than banana bread. This means that banana muffins will have a softer, more cake-like texture, while banana bread will be denser and slightly more chewy.
Another difference between these two recipes is the addition of additional ingredients such as chocolate chips or raisins. While both chocolate chip banana muffins and raisin-spiced banana bread can be delicious, they are not traditionally considered part of either recipe.
So if you’re looking for a quick snack or dessert that can be made in just a few minutes, go for some Banana Muffins.
Can you make banana nut cake?
Yes, you can make banana nut cake! This moist banana nut cake is made in a Bundt® pan or you can use a loaf pan. It’s easy and delicious.