Banana Bliss Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Frosting
I’m a huge fan of baking and I’m always looking for new and exciting recipes to try out. Recently, I decided to give these delicious banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting a try — and I’m so glad I did! I’m not exaggerating when I say these cupcakes are some of the best I’ve ever tasted — the banana flavor is perfectly complemented by the creamy peanut butter frosting. If you’re looking for a special treat, this is the recipe you need!
Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting Recipe
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Let’s make some mouthwatering Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting! This recipe will take about an hour and fifteen minutes of your time, but it’s totally worth it. Here’s what you’ll need:
- For the cupcakes:
- ripe bananas
- /4 cup white sugar
- /2 cup all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking powder
- /4 teaspoon baking soda
- /4 teaspoon salt
- /2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- large eggs
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- /2 cup creamy peanut butter
- /4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- /2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- tablespoons milk
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- Now let’s get started! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the sugar until combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In yet another bowl, cream together the butter and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the banana mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill each one about 2/3 full with the batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, let’s work on the frosting. In a medium bowl, cream together the peanut butter and butter until combined. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until combined. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract and mix until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, frost them with the peanut butter frosting. Enjoy!
- Calories: 892
- Total Fat: 36 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
- Sodium: 459 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 144 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 97 g
- Protein: 12 g
What techniques make the peanut butter frosting stand out?
The peanut butter frosting on these banana cupcakes makes them truly stand out! Rich and creamy, this frosting is the perfect complement to the fluffy texture of the cupcakes, and the nutty flavor of the peanut butter lingers on the tongue. To make this frosting the star of the show, we use a few clever techniques to make the flavor truly shine.
First, we whip the peanut butter with butter and cream cheese until it’s light and fluffy. This step not only adds air to the frosting, but also enhances the flavor of the peanut butter and gives the frosting a smooth and creamy texture.
Next, we add a touch of honey to the mixture. This adds a hint of sweetness without overpowering the nutty flavor of the peanut butter. It also helps to bring out the warm, nutty undertones of the butter and cream cheese, creating the perfect balance of flavors.
Finally, we add a pinch of salt to the frosting. The salt adds a slight savory note that helps to round out the flavor of the frosting, making it even more delicious.
These simple techniques make the peanut butter frosting on our banana cupcakes truly stand out. Rich, creamy, and with just the right balance of sweetness and nuttiness, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
How can you make banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting ahead of time?
Yes! You can make delicious banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting ahead of time. Preparing cupcakes in advance is a great way to save time and make sure you have plenty of delicious treats on hand for a party or special occasion. Here are some tips to help you get the perfect cupcakes ready ahead of time.
First, you’ll need to bake the cupcakes. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lining a cupcake pan with paper liners. In a bowl, mix together 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt. In a separate bowl, mash together two ripe bananas. Add in ½ cup of softened butter, 1 cup of white sugar, and 2 eggs. Once the ingredients are combined, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring until everything is just combined.
Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling each one about halfway. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
While the cupcakes are cooling, you can make the peanut butter frosting. In a bowl, combine 1 ½ cups of peanut butter, 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar, ¼ cup of softened butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 4-5 tablespoons of milk. Beat the ingredients together until you have a smooth and creamy frosting.
Once the cupcakes have cooled, frost them with the peanut butter frosting. Store the cupcakes in an airtight container for up to three days.
What are the key benefits of making banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting?
The key benefits of making banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are countless! Here are just a few of the amazing reasons why banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are fantastic:
- Delicious Combination: Sweet, creamy peanut butter frosting pairs perfectly with the subtly sweet, moist banana cupcakes. The combination of these two flavors is simply irresistible!.
- Easy to Make: Whether you’re a novice baker or an experienced one, banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are simple to make. With a few basic ingredients and a few steps, you can have these delicious cupcakes ready in no time.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: From a birthday party to a summer barbecue, banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are the perfect treat for any occasion. They’re sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike!.
- Great for Gifts: Banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting make great gifts for friends and family. They’re a thoughtful, personal way to show someone you care.
- Healthier Than Most Treats: While banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are still a treat, they’re healthier than many other desserts. Bananas are a great source of vitamins and minerals, and peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats.
These are just some of the key benefits of making banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.
What tips can you share to make the perfect banana cupcakes?
The key to making the perfect banana cupcakes is to start with ripe, mashed bananas! Make sure to mash them until they are completely smooth, so you don’t end up with any chunky pieces.
- For a moist and fluffy cupcake, it’s important to use both baking soda and baking powder in the recipe.
- Adding a bit of sour cream or yogurt to the batter will add a delicious tangy flavor to the cupcakes.
- To make sure your cupcakes bake evenly, it’s a good idea to fill each cupcake tin about ¾ full with the batter.
- For maximum flavor, add some chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter.
- To get the best results, don’t overmix the batter. A few gentle stirs should be enough.
- Finally, to make sure your cupcakes are perfectly done, insert a toothpick into the center.
What ingredients make the banana cupcakes moist and delicious?
When it comes to creating moist and delicious banana cupcakes, there are certain essential ingredients you can rely on. To make the perfect banana cupcakes, you’ll need to start with ripe bananas for maximum flavor, then add in some butter for richness and some vegetable oil for moisture. You’ll also need some all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to get the right texture. Finally, you’ll need some light brown sugar and eggs to sweeten and bind the mixture. With these simple ingredients, you’ll be able to create a delicious and moist banana cupcake that’s perfect for topping off with a creamy peanut butter frosting.
What are some creative ways to decorate banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting?
There are lots of creative and fun ways to decorate banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting! Whether you’re a beginner baker or a cupcake-decorating pro, there are tons of ways to make these cupcakes look amazing. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Sprinkle on some chopped peanuts. Chopped peanuts add a delicious crunch to banana cupcakes and pair perfectly with the peanut butter frosting.
- Make a peanut butter drizzle. Drizzle melted peanut butter over the cupcakes for a decadent and delicious decoration.
- Use mini chocolate chips. Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips around the edges of the cupcake for a sweet and crunchy decoration.
- Top with banana slices. Slice a banana into thin pieces and decorate the cupcakes with a few slices for a tropical touch.
- Make a peanut butter swirl. Make a peanut butter drizzle, then use a toothpick to create a swirl pattern for a pretty, marbled look.
- Add some sprinkles. Sprinkles are always a classic way to decorate cupcakes and these banana cupcakes are no exception.
These are just a few ideas for decorating your banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting! With a bit of creativity, you can come up with some truly unique and delicious decorations.