I’ll never forget the first time I ate one of my grandmother’s homemade banana breakfast muffins. It was a warm summer morning and I walked into her kitchen to find the kitchen filled with the sweet aroma of fresh-baked muffins. I couldn’t wait to bite into one of these delicious treats, and when I did, I was in heaven! The muffin was light and fluffy, with just the right amount of sweetness. I was so impressed that I asked my grandmother to give me the recipe, and now I’m sharing it with you. Welcome to my grandmother’s delicious banana breakfast muffins.
Banana Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas with a fork until they are mostly smooth and lump-free.
- Add in 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Use a whisk to mix everything together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together until just combined. If you like, you can add in 1/4 cup chopped walnuts for some crunch.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each muffin liner about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy your delicious Banana Breakfast Muffins!
- Serving Size: 2 muffins
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 14.6g
- Carbohydrates: 38.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Sodium: 286mg
- Sugar: 18.6g
What makes banana breakfast muffins the perfect way to start your day?
Banana breakfast muffins are the perfect way to start your day because they are quick and easy to make, they are a healthy snack, and they are delicious!
When you’re trying to get out the door in the morning, you don’t want to be slaving away in the kitchen. That’s why banana breakfast muffins are ideal — they are quick and simple to make so you can get on with your day. All you need to do is mix together some ingredients and you can have muffins ready in no time.
Banana breakfast muffins are also a great choice for health-conscious eaters. They are packed with healthy ingredients like bananas, oats, and seeds, which provide you with a good source of energy and nutrients to get your day started on the right foot.
And best of all, banana breakfast muffins are incredibly delicious. The combination of sweet bananas, nutty oats, and crunchy seeds is a match made in heaven. Plus, you can add in extra ingredients like dark chocolate chips or nuts to customize your muffins just the way you like them.
What ingredients are used to make the best banana breakfast muffins?
When it comes to making the best banana breakfast muffins, you’ll need some basic ingredients like mashed bananas, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. To add flavor and texture, you’ll need some butter, eggs, and a few teaspoons of vanilla extract. To add some crunch and sweetness, you’ll want to add some chopped nuts and dried fruit. Finally, you can top off your muffins with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg for a delicious and flavorful treat.
What are some of the benefits of incorporating banana breakfast muffins into your morning routine?
Banana breakfast muffins are an excellent way to start your day! Not only are they delicious and easy to make, but incorporating them into your morning routine can also offer a number of health benefits. Here are some of the top benefits of adding banana breakfast muffins to your morning routine:
- Packed with essential vitamins and minerals: Banana muffins are a great source of vital nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, and iron, as well as essential vitamins such as vitamins A, B and E.
- High in fiber: Bananas are a great source of dietary fiber, which helps keep your digestive system functioning properly and can help you feel fuller for longer.
- Low in calories: Banana muffins are low in calories and fat, making them a great option for those watching their weight.
- Versatile and convenient: Banana breakfast muffins can be easily made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer, making them an ideal option for on-the-go mornings.
- Delicious: Last but not least, banana muffins are simply delicious! With a sweet, moist texture and just the right amount of banana flavor, banana muffins are a great way to enjoy a healthy, delicious breakfast.
Incorporating banana breakfast muffins into your morning routine can be a great way to start your day off on the right foot. Not only are they delicious and convenient, but they can also be a great source of nutrients and fiber, while still being low in calories.
What tips and tricks can you use to make the perfect banana breakfast muffins?
If you’re looking for the perfect banana breakfast muffin recipe, you’ve come to the right place! Here are some tips and tricks to help you make tasty, fluffy, and moist muffins every time:
- Make sure to use really ripe bananas. The browner, the better! You’ll get more flavor and sweetness from the bananas when you use ripe ones.
- If you want a moist and fluffy muffin, don’t overmix the batter. Mix just until the ingredients are combined and then stop.
- Use a scoop to fill the muffin cups with the same amount of batter every time. This will give you more uniform-sized muffins.
- Don’t open the oven during baking. Opening the oven door can cause the muffins to sink in the middle.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. This will help them stay moist and fluffy.
- If you want a crunchy topping, sprinkle a little sugar or chopped nuts on top before baking.
- If you want to make the muffins a bit healthier, you can substitute some of the white flour with whole wheat flour.
What are some creative ways to enjoy banana breakfast muffins for breakfast?
Waking up to a warm, tasty banana breakfast muffin is one of life’s simple pleasures. But did you know that there are lots of creative ways to enjoy banana breakfast muffins for breakfast? Here are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Banana Split Breakfast Muffin: Cut your muffin in half and layer it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry for a delicious and decadent start to the day.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Muffins: Add some mini chocolate chips to your batter for a tasty twist on the classic banana muffin.
- Banana Streusel Muffins: Mix together some butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the top of your muffin before baking. The delicious crunchy topping is sure to be a hit.
- Banana Muffin French Toast: Cut your muffin into thick slices and dip them into a mixture of beaten eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Fry each slice in a skillet until golden brown and serve with syrup and your favorite breakfast toppings.
These are just a few of the creative ways you can enjoy banana breakfast muffins for breakfast. With a little bit of imagination, you can come up with even more delicious combinations.