I’ve always had a sweet tooth, so when I discovered the Baltimore Peach Cake recipe, I was intrigued. Growing up in Maryland, I had heard of peach cake, but I’d never tried it before. After making this recipe, I quickly realized that this was a cake unlike any other I had ever tasted. It was sweet, yet tart, and bursting with flavor. The combination of peaches and cinnamon was divine. I knew right away that this was a recipe I wanted to share with my family and friends.
Baltimore Peach Cake Recipe
20 . mins
30 . mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups fresh peaches, diced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Gather all the ingredients for this delicious Baltimore Peach Cake, including 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened, 2 cups granulated sugar, 4 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 ½ cups fresh peaches, diced, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Start by creaming the butter and 2 cups of granulated sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs one at a time, beating until they are fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the creamed butter-sugar mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13 inch greased baking pan.
- Combine the diced peaches, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 880
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 117g
- Protein: 14g
- Sodium: 1160mg
- Sugar: 82g
What makes baltimore peach cake stand out from other cakes?
Baltimore Peach Cake stands out from other cakes because of its unique flavor and texture. It’s like no other cake out there! This classic cake is made with real fresh peaches and a buttery and moist cake base that are then topped with a light, fluffy meringue. The combination of the sweet, tart peaches and the airy meringue is simply irresistible and makes this cake a favorite among many. Unlike other cakes, Baltimore Peach Cake has a lower sugar content and uses fresh fruit, making it a healthier and more flavorful option. Whether you’re looking for a dessert to impress guests or just want to indulge in something special, this cake is sure to please.
What tips and tricks can be used to make a baltimore peach cake quickly and easily?
Preheat the oven to 350°F – This will make sure your cake is perfectly baked!
- Gather all the ingredients – You’ll need the following: butter, sugar, eggs, self-rising flour, milk, vanilla extract, and fresh, ripe peaches.
- Cream the butter and sugar together – This will ensure a light and fluffy cake.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time – This will help keep the cake light and airy.
- Add the flour, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Peel, pit, and slice the peaches – Make sure to use ripe and juicy peaches for best results.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan – This will help the cake to come out of the pan easily.
- Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the pan – Make sure it’s evenly spread out.
- Place the sliced peaches in an even layer over the batter – This will create a delicious peach layer in the center of your cake.
- Top with the remaining batter – Once again, make sure it’s evenly spread out.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes – Check your cake with a toothpick to see if it’s done.
What type of ingredients are needed to make a delicious baltimore peach cake?
When it comes to baking a delicious Baltimore Peach Cake, you’ll need some basic ingredients to get you started. This classic Southern dessert is made with a few simple ingredients that are sure to make your cake a hit! You’ll need all-purpose flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt, butter, eggs, and peaches. Plus, for a sweet topping, you’ll need cream, plus a little extra sugar, and butter.
To start, you’ll need to combine the dry ingredients, which includes the all-purpose flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Then, whisk in the eggs. You’ll want to mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
Next, you’ll need to assemble the cake. Start by greasing a 9-inch springform pan with butter. Pour the batter into the pan and flatten the top. Place the peaches on top and press them lightly into the batter. Sprinkle some extra sugar and butter on top for a sweet and crunchy topping.
Finally, bake the cake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool before serving.
How can you create a baltimore peach cake with a perfect texture?
Creating a Baltimore Peach Cake with the perfect texture is easy! The key is to use ripe peaches and combine them with the right amount of flour, sugar, and butter. The result will be a moist, fluffy cake with a light, delicate texture that has just the right amount of sweetness.
The first step is to prepare the peaches. Choose ripe peaches and cut them into small pieces. Make sure to remove the skin and any bruised parts. Once the peaches are ready, you can start making the cake batter.
In a large bowl, add one cup of all-purpose flour, one cup of sugar, one teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Whisk these ingredients together until they’re evenly combined. Next, add one stick of butter that has been melted and cooled. Use a fork or a whisk to blend the butter into the dry ingredients.
Now it’s time to add the peaches to the batter. Gently fold the peaches into the batter, being careful not to over mix. Once the peaches are evenly distributed, pour the batter into a greased cake pan.
Bake the cake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Allow the cake to cool before removing it from the pan. Once the cake is cooled, you can top it with a simple layer of icing or a dollop of whipped cream.
Creating a Baltimore Peach Cake with the perfect texture doesn’t have to be difficult. By following these steps and using the right ingredients, you’ll have a delicious and moist cake that’s sure to be a hit.
What is the best way to decorate a baltimore peach cake?
The best way to decorate a Baltimore Peach Cake is to pile on fresh, juicy peaches! Topped with a dollop of buttery cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, the combination of the soft, sweet cake and the crunchy, tart peaches is simply divine. Plus, it looks beautiful too! For the perfect finishing touch, you can add some colorful flowers or a few sprigs of mint.
What makes baltimore peach cake the perfect summer dessert?
Baltimore Peach Cake is the perfect summer dessert because it’s both delicious and incredibly easy to make! The combination of fresh, juicy peaches and a light and fluffy cake creates a unique and tantalizing summer treat. The cake is made with a layer of buttery cake, topped with thick slices of ripe peaches and finally a drizzle of sweet glaze. The result is a cake that’s full of flavor, texture, and just the right balance of sweetness. Plus, it’s ready in no time, so you can spend more time outside enjoying the sunshine and less time in the kitchen.
What are the unique flavor combinations that make baltimore peach cake so special?
Baltimore Peach Cake is a beloved Southern dessert with unique flavor combinations that make it truly special! At its core, it’s a rich, buttery yellow cake filled with juicy peaches and topped with a crunchy pecan-cinnamon topping. What makes it so delicious and unique is the secret combination of ingredients that make it truly scrumptious. The cake itself is made with a combination of brown sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract, and eggs, giving it a sweet, rich flavor. The peaches add a tart and juicy element that pairs nicely with the sweetness of the cake, while the pecan-cinnamon topping adds a crunchy, nutty texture.