Baked Polenta With Delicious Sausage: An Easy And Flavorful Recipe
When it comes to comfort food, nothing beats a hearty dish of Baked Polenta with Sausage. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it has quickly become a favorite in my family. The creamy polenta is combined with savory sausage, making this dish a delicious and satisfying meal. The best part is, it’s incredibly easy to put together, so you can enjoy this delicious dinner in no time!
Baked Polenta with Sausage Recipe
- 2 cups polenta
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked sausage, diced or crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, oregano, thyme, basil, and sea salt and stir to combine.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add the polenta, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes until the polenta thickens.
- Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
- Pour the polenta into the prepared pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage over the top of the polenta.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 350, Total Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 500mg, Carbohydrates: 25g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 15g
What makes this baked polenta with sausage so special?
This baked polenta with sausage is special because it has a unique combination of flavors and textures that you won’t find anywhere else. The creamy polenta is contrasted with the crunch of the sausage, and the flavorful sauce adds an extra layer of deliciousness. The whole dish is then baked in the oven, which results in a golden crust that adds a wonderful crunch to the creamy polenta. The sausage adds a savory and spicy note to the dish, while the tomatoes and cheese add a hint of sweetness.
How can you make this dish even more flavorful?
There are lots of ways to make this delicious baked polenta with sausage even more flavorful! First and foremost, you can add a variety of herbs and spices. A pinch of oregano, thyme, and basil will add a nice herbal flavor and a bit of heat from some chili flakes will bring out the savory flavors of the sausage. For a creamier, richer dish, you can stir in some grated Parmesan cheese or top it with a sprinkle of grated mozzarella cheese. And finally, to give it a bit of a zing, try adding some freshly squeezed lemon juice or a splash of white wine.
How does this delicious dish come together?
Baked Polenta with Sausage is a delicious, filling, and comforting dish that comes together in just a few simple steps. Here’s how it works:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until golden brown.
- In a separate pot, cook the polenta according to the package instructions.
- Grease a baking dish, and spoon in the polenta.
- Place the cooked sausage on top of the polenta.
- Bake the polenta and sausage in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve the dish and enjoy!.
It doesn’t get much easier than this – just a few simple steps and you’ll have a delicious and comforting dinner ready in no time.
What other ingredients can you add to make it even tastier?
Adding a few extra ingredients to your Baked Polenta with Sausage can transform it from good to great! To make it even tastier, why not try stirring in some creamy ricotta cheese for a luxurious texture and added flavor? You could also sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top for a delicious cheesy crunch. For even more flavor, add in some sun-dried tomatoes or olives. You could also experiment with adding some herbs, such as oregano, basil, or thyme, for some added complexity.
What type of sausage pairs best with polenta?
When it comes to baked polenta dishes with sausage, you can’t go wrong with a classic Italian pork sausage. This type of sausage is full of flavor and pairs perfectly with the creamy texture of the polenta. If you’re looking for something a little heartier, try chorizo – it’s smoky and spicy and will add a delicious kick to your dish. For a more subtle taste, opt for a mild chicken sausage. Its lighter flavor won’t overpower the polenta, but will still provide a great depth of flavor.
No matter what type of sausage you use, make sure to cook it thoroughly before adding it to the baked polenta. You can do this by pan-frying the sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until it’s golden brown and cooked through. This will ensure that your sausage is perfectly cooked and will add a delicious flavor to your dish.
Baked polenta with sausage is a classic Italian comfort food that is easy to make and always delicious. With the right choice of sausage, you can add a whole new level of flavor to your dish.
What dishes can you serve along with this baked polenta with sausage?
If you’re serving up a delicious plate of baked polenta with sausage, you have plenty of options for what to pair it with! To really bring out the flavors of the dish, you can serve it with a crisp green salad, roasted vegetables, or a fresh tomato and cucumber salad. To add a bit of extra crunch and texture, why not try adding some roasted chickpeas or even a few croutons. For a heartier meal, you could serve it with roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, or grilled asparagus. If you’re looking for a bit of comfort food, why not try adding a side of creamy mashed potatoes or roasted garlic mashed cauliflower. No matter what you choose, you’re sure to have a tasty meal that everyone will love.