I’m so excited to share this delicious Baked Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta recipe with you! I’ve been making this dish for years, and it’s always a hit with family and friends. The combination of cheesy pasta, crunchy asparagus, and juicy mushrooms is just irresistible. Plus, it’s easy and fast to make, which makes it perfect for busy weeknights. The best part? It’s totally guilt-free and healthy! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
Baked Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 8-ounce package white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted bread crumbs
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Start boiling a large pot of salted water, then add your penne pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, trim and cut your asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice the mushrooms and mince the garlic.
- In a large bowl, mix together the asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the bowl, stirring to combine.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese and toasted bread crumbs.
- Bake the pasta in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese and crumbs are golden and the pasta is bubbling.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 286 kcal
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 248mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 11g
What makes this pasta dish so flavorful?
This Baked Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta dish is packed with flavor! The combination of roasted mushrooms and asparagus, creamy ricotta, garlic, and herbs like parsley and oregano creates a delicious combination of savory and umami flavors. The garlic and herbs add a nice zing to the dish, while the ricotta rounds out the flavors with a creamy note. The combination of textures – from the soft and creamy ricotta to the crunchy asparagus – makes this dish a delight to enjoy.
What are the health benefits of eating baked asparagus and mushroom pasta?
The health benefits of eating baked asparagus and mushroom pasta are many! Here are just a few:
- It’s a great source of vitamins and minerals. Asparagus and mushrooms are both packed with vitamins A, C, and K, as well as minerals like iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- It’s low in calories and fat. By baking the pasta dish instead of frying or boiling it, you won’t be adding any extra calories or fat to your meal.
- It’s high in dietary fiber. Asparagus and mushrooms are both excellent sources of dietary fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system healthy and regular.
- It’s high in antioxidants. Asparagus and mushrooms are both full of antioxidants, which can help protect your body from free radicals and keep your cells healthy.
- It’s a great way to get your protein. Both asparagus and mushrooms are good sources of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles and other tissues.
What tips do you have for making the perfect baked asparagus and mushroom pasta?
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Begin by cooking the mushrooms and asparagus in a skillet with some olive oil until the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Boil the pasta until it’s al dente, drain, and set aside.
- Create the sauce by combining cream, garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, layer the cooked pasta, mushroom and asparagus mixture, and the sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and breadcrumbs over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top is golden brown.
- Let the dish cool slightly before serving.
How long does it take to prepare baked asparagus and mushroom pasta?
It only takes about 30 minutes to whip up a delicious baked asparagus and mushroom pasta dish! This easy, flavorful dish is the perfect weeknight meal and can be prepared with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
To make this scrumptious dish, you’ll need 8 ounces of pasta, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup of asparagus cut into 1/2 inch pieces, 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and then add the pasta. Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and asparagus and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Add the cooked pasta, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Transfer the pasta mixture to a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pasta is hot. Serve and enjoy!
With just 30 minutes of preparation time and minimal ingredients, you can have a delicious baked asparagus and mushroom pasta dish on the table in no time. It’s a great way to get your family eating healthy and enjoying a delicious meal.
What other dishes can be served with baked asparagus and mushroom pasta?
If you’re looking to build out a meal that includes baked asparagus and mushroom pasta, you’re in luck! There are countless delicious dishes to choose from to compliment this comforting dish. To start, why not try adding a light appetizer, like an arugula and goat cheese salad with a lemon vinaigrette? The bright citrus dressing will balance out the savory flavors of the pasta.
If you’re looking for something with a bit more substance, why not try grilled shrimp skewers marinated in garlic, olive oil, and red pepper flakes? The garlicky flavor and slight kick from the pepper flakes will pair perfectly with the earthy mushrooms and asparagus.
For a vegetarian option, roasted or grilled vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and onions are a great way to add color and flavor to the plate. And if you’re looking for a heartier option, roasted potatoes are a delicious addition that’s sure to be a hit.
No matter what you choose to add to your meal, you can’t go wrong when it comes to complimenting baked asparagus and mushroom pasta. From light appetizers to heartier side dishes, there are plenty of options to choose from to make your meal complete.
What are the best ingredients to use when making baked asparagus and mushroom pasta?
When it comes to making the perfect baked asparagus and mushroom pasta, the key is to use the freshest and most flavorful ingredients you can find. For this dish, the best ingredients to use include asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, parmesan cheese, butter, olive oil, and any type of pasta you like.
Asparagus and mushrooms are the star ingredients of this dish, so choose the freshest and most flavorful varieties you can find. Asparagus and mushrooms are packed with nutrients and provide a great base for this dish.
Garlic adds a rich and savory flavor to the dish, and freshly grated parmesan cheese adds a nutty and salty flavor. Butter and olive oil add richness and flavor to the dish, while pasta adds a hearty and comforting texture.
Using these ingredients, you can make a delicious baked asparagus and mushroom pasta that your family and friends will love. With a few simple ingredients, you can create a dish that is sure to please. So, the next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal, give this dish a try.
What makes baked asparagus and mushroom pasta a great meal for entertaining?
Baked Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta is an easy and delicious way to impress your guests. Not only is the combination of roasted asparagus and mushrooms flavorful and comforting, but it also comes together quickly, so you can focus on spending time with your guests rather than slaving away in the kitchen. Plus, this is a meal that can easily be customized to fit any dietary restrictions your guests may have. With the right ingredients, Baked Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta can be transformed into a vegan, gluten-free, or dairy-free dish – something everyone can enjoy.