I’ve always been a fan of venison, and bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it. As a lifelong hunter, I know how to pick out the best cuts of venison. This recipe combines my two passions – hunting and cooking – to create a truly delicious and unique meal. The combination of the smoky, salty bacon and the perfectly cooked venison tenderloin will leave your taste buds begging for more. If you’re looking for a meal that’s sure to impress, this bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin is the perfect recipe to try.
Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin Recipe
- 3 venison tenderloins
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, ground black pepper, sea salt, Italian seasoning, and brown sugar.
- Wrap each of the three venison tenderloins with four slices of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the bacon-wrapped venison tenderloins on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the bacon-wrapped venison tenderloins generously with the olive oil and seasoning mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Let the bacon-wrapped venison tenderloins rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin!
- Calories: 500
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 42g
- Sodium: 510mg
- Cholesterol: 160mg
What makes bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin a delicious and unique dish?
Bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin is a delicious and unique dish because it combines two classic flavors – crispy bacon and juicy venison – into one mouthwatering entree. The combination of the smokiness of the bacon and the rich flavor of the venison makes this dish an unforgettable experience. Not only is bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. It only takes a few simple steps to prepare and can be served hot or cold, making it perfect for any occasion.
To make this delicious dish, first begin by seasoning the venison tenderloin with your favorite spices (we suggest rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder for a flavorful start). Wrap the tenderloin in bacon, making sure to secure the bacon with toothpicks. Place the bacon-wrapped tenderloin on a greased baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Once cooked, slice the tenderloin and serve with your favorite sides.
Bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that can be enjoyed by all. The unique combination of bacon and venison creates a unique flavor that will tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more.
What are the key steps to ensure the perfect, juicy and flavorful venison?
Cooking venison tenderloin is an art form, and it can be intimidating to master. But by following a few key steps, you can ensure your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin is juicy, flavorful and cooked to perfection.
First, it’s important to choose the right cut of venison. Look for tenderloin, which is a leaner cut of meat that’s typically found near the back of the animal. This cut is ideal for quick cooking over high heat.
Once you’ve selected your cut of meat, prepare it for cooking by seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic or other desired spices. Use your hands to rub the seasoning into the meat. Wrapping the meat in bacon will help retain moisture and add flavor.
When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the prepared venison tenderloin on a wire rack. Place the rack on a baking tray and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees.
Remove the venison from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. This is essential for allowing the juices to reabsorb into the meat. After resting, the internal temperature should reach 130 degrees — the perfect temperature for the most juicy and flavorful venison.
By following these steps, you can create a delicious bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin that’s sure to impress.
How can you make your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin stand out from other dishes?
You can make your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin stand out from the crowd by adding extra flavors and textures. There are so many ways to transform a simple dish into something special. Consider trying some of our favorite methods to take your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin to the next level:
- Aromatics: Add fresh garlic, rosemary, thyme, or sage to your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin to give it an extra boost of flavor. These aromatics will infuse the meat with a wonderful aroma and taste.
- Marinade: Soaking your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin in a marinade for a few hours before cooking is a great way to impart bold flavors and keep the meat succulent. Try experimenting with different combinations of herbs, spices, and citrus to find the perfect flavor profile for your dish.
- Crusts: Adding a crunchy, savory crust to your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin is a great way to take it to the next level. Try using panko breadcrumbs, crushed nuts, or even crushed potato chips for a unique and delicious crunch.
- Glazes: Glazing your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin with a mixture of honey, mustard, and herbs gives it a beautiful sheen and adds a layer of sweet and savory flavor.
By adding these flavorful touches to your bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin, you can turn a classic dish into something truly special.
What ingredients and seasonings are best for a bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin?
When it comes to bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin, the possibilities are endless! To ensure the ultimate flavor combination, you’ll want to select the right ingredients and seasonings. Here are some of the best ingredients and seasonings to use when making bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin:
- Garlic: Garlic adds a robust garlic and herb flavor that complements the smokiness of the bacon and the rich taste of the venison.
- Rosemary: Rosemary is a classic herb that pairs perfectly with the venison and bacon. It adds a unique earthy flavor that balances out the richness of the dish.
- Onion: Onion adds a subtle sweetness and earthy flavor that enhances the flavor of the bacon and the venison.
- Salt & Pepper: Salt and pepper are essential for bringing out the flavors of the bacon and venison.
- Thyme: Thyme is a mild herb that adds a subtle herbal flavor to the dish.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic vinegar adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the dish that complements the smokiness of the bacon and richness of the venison.
With these ingredients and seasonings, you’ll be able to create the perfect bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin that will be sure to impress your family and friends.
What sides and drinks pair best with bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin?
When it comes to bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin, the possibilities are endless! This dish is incredibly flavorful, so you’ll want to make sure that you pair it with sides and drinks that can stand up to its bold taste. Here are a few of our favorite pairings for this delectable dish!
For a classic side to complement this dish, try mashed potatoes. The creamy richness of the potatoes will help to balance the savory, smoky flavor of the bacon-wrapped venison. If you’re looking for something a bit lighter, a simple green salad with a light vinaigrette is a great choice. Roasted vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and Brussels sprouts are also a great option.
When it comes to drinks, you’ll want to choose something that can stand up to the bold flavor of the venison. A full-bodied red wine such as a cabernet sauvignon or a shiraz is a great choice. If you’re not a fan of red wine, try a hoppy IPA or a spicy porter. For something bubbly, a dry sparkling wine or champagne pairs wonderfully with this dish.