I’m a huge fan of avocados, bananas, and walnuts, so I was beyond excited when I stumbled on this delicious recipe for Avocado-Banana-Walnut Muffins! I’ve made it several times since, and it’s always a hit. The muffins are wonderfully moist, subtly sweet, and full of flavor. They make for a delightful breakfast, snack, or dessert. Give this tasty recipe a try, and you won’t be disappointed!
Avocado-Banana-Walnut Muffins Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados and bananas together until they form a smooth paste.
- Add the walnuts, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is just combined.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or butter and fill each muffin cup with the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your delicious avocado-banana-walnut muffins!
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 48 mg
- Sodium: 213 mg
- Carbohydrates: 32.9 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Sugar: 17.3 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
What is the perfect combination of flavors for an avocado-banana-walnut muffin?
The perfect combination of flavors for an avocado-banana-walnut muffin is sweet, nutty, and creamy. The sweet banana and nutty walnuts pair perfectly with the creamy avocado, creating a delightful balance of flavors that will leave you wanting more.
To get the most out of this combination, you’ll want to make sure the ingredients are ripe. Ripe bananas and avocados provide maximum flavor, while walnuts should be toasted to bring out their flavor. Once you’ve got your ingredients ready, it’s time to get baking!
Start by creaming together softened butter, sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy. Next, mash the banana and avocado before adding them to the mixture. Fold in the toasted walnuts and add your dry ingredients.
Once the batter is ready, spoon it into your lined muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
The result? A delicious muffin that is sweet, nutty, and creamy all at the same time.
What type of ingredients do you need to make this muffin?
You only need a handful of ingredients to make delicious Avocado-Banana-Walnut Muffins! You’ll need some ripe avocados, some overripe bananas, walnuts, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
To make your muffins, first mash the avocados and bananas together until they reach a smooth consistency. In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, butter, eggs, and milk, then add in the mashed avocado-banana mixture. To this mixture, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and stir until everything is blended together.
Once the batter is ready, fold in the walnuts and stir until they’re evenly distributed. Grease muffin tins and fill with the batter until each one is about three-quarters full. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.
What are some of the health benefits of this delicious treat?
You’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of health benefits to be gained from enjoying an avocado-banana-walnut muffin! Here are some of the best:
- Rich in healthy fats: Avocado-banana-walnut muffins are a great source of healthy fats from the avocado and walnuts. The fats provide essential fatty acids and help reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
- High in protein: Walnuts are an excellent source of protein and can help keep you full for longer.
- High in dietary fiber: Fiber helps keep your digestive system functioning properly and can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Packed with vitamins and minerals: Avocados and bananas are packed with vitamins and minerals like potassium, magnesium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and folate.
- Low in sugar: The sweetness of the banana and walnuts helps keep the sugar content of the muffins low, making them a great snack for those watching their sugar intake.
What tips do you have for baking the perfect avocado-banana-walnut muffin?
Believe it or not, baking the perfect avocado-banana-walnut muffin is not as hard as you think! Here are some tips to help you get it just right:
- Start with high-quality ingredients. The better the ingredients, the more flavorful your muffins will be. If you can, buy organic and fresh ingredients.
- Make sure the avocado, banana, and walnuts are ripe and ready to use. This will give the muffins a better flavor and texture.
- Carefully measure all the ingredients. Too much or too little of something can lead to subpar results.
- Preheat the oven to the correct temperature. This will ensure that the muffins bake evenly.
- Grease the muffin tin or line it with muffin cups. This will ensure that the muffins don’t stick to the pan when they’re done baking.
- Mix the ingredients together gently. Over-mixing can cause the muffins to be heavy and dense.
- Bake the muffins for the recommended amount of time. Depending on the recipe, this could range from 15 minutes to 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool completely before you try to remove them from the pan. This will prevent them from breaking apart.
- Enjoy! The perfect avocado-banana-walnut muffin is just a few steps away. With these tips, you’ll be sure to get it right every time.
How can you adjust the recipe to make it even more delicious?
You can make these delicious Avocado-Banana-Walnut Muffins even more delicious by tweaking the recipe just a bit! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Add some Greek yogurt to the mix! This will add more moisture, making them even more tender and moist.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon or nutmeg in the batter. The spice will give these muffins a nice flavor.
- Toast the walnuts before you add them to the batter. This will add a nice crunch and nutty flavor.
- Use overripe bananas for even more flavor. A few brown spots on the banan will give them a richer and sweeter taste.
- If you like a little bit of heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the batter. This will give the muffins a nice kick and a unique flavor.
These are just a few ideas to get you started.
What other variations of avocado-banana-walnut muffins can you make?
You can make so many variations of avocado-banana-walnut muffins! For example, you can add some blueberries for a unique twist. Or, you could switch out the walnuts for some chopped pecans. You could even skip the banana and add some chopped apples instead. There are so many possibilities to make your own unique muffin.
If you’re feeling creative, you can make some savory variations on this recipe. For instance, you could try adding some diced jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and diced onions for a tasty and spicy muffin. If you like a bit of sweetness, try adding some chopped dried cranberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon. The possibilities are truly endless!
You can also mix different flavors and textures with your banana-avocado-walnut muffins. Add some shredded carrots, raisins, and shredded coconut for an interesting combination of flavors. Or, you could try adding some chopped almonds and dark chocolate chips for a sweet and salty muffin.
No matter what combination you choose, you’re sure to end up with a tasty and unique muffin.
How can you get creative and make your own twist on an avocado-banana-walnut muffin?
You can get creative and make your own twist on an avocado-banana-walnut muffin by adding in extra ingredients like dark chocolate chips, dried cranberries, or even coconut flakes. You can also experiment with different flours, such as oat flour, almond flour, or even coconut flour. Try out different sweeteners, such as honey, maple syrup, or even dates. Or, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even make savory muffins with savory ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, crispy bacon, and feta cheese. The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating your own twist on an avocado-banana-walnut muffin.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, you can also experiment with different spices and herbs, like cinnamon, nutmeg, and rosemary. You can also try out different combinations of nuts and seeds, such as pecans and chia seeds, or even almonds and pumpkin seeds. The key is to experiment and find what works for you.
Finally, don’t forget to have fun with it! Get creative with your ingredients, and enjoy the process.