Nothing beats the smell of homemade apple pie cinnamon rolls in the morning. Growing up, my mom would make a batch of these for special occasions, and I’d wake up to the sweet aroma of apples and cinnamon wafting through the house. Now, I’m excited to share my mom’s recipe with you, so you can experience the same cozy feeling I did as a kid. Let’s get baking!
Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 3 refrigerated pre-made cinnamon rolls
- 3 Apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Unroll the 3 refrigerated pre-made cinnamon rolls and arrange them on the baking pan.
- Peel and chop the 3 apples and place them in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of butter, 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour.
- Pour the mixture over the chopped apples and stir until the apples are evenly coated.
- Place the apple mixture over the cinnamon rolls and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cinnamon rolls are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls!
- Calories: 230 kcal
- Total Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Sodium: 350 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 15 g
- Protein: 3 g
What makes apple pie cinnamon rolls so delicious?
Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls are simply mouth-watering! They are the perfect combination of sweet, tangy apples and a gooey cinnamon center wrapped in a soft, fluffy dough. The cinnamon and sugar coating on the exterior of the rolls gives them an added sweetness and crunch. The warm, inviting smell of apples and cinnamon that fills the room when you bake these rolls is simply irresistible.
What ingredients do you need for the perfect apple pie cinnamon rolls?
If you want to make the perfect apple pie cinnamon rolls, you’ll need a handful of delicious ingredients! For the dough, you’ll need all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, milk, butter, and active dry yeast. For the filling, you’ll need a mix of apples (such as Granny Smith and Honeycrisp), brown sugar, and cinnamon. For the topping, you’ll need more butter, brown sugar, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. To make these rolls even more indulgent, you can drizzle on some icing or caramel sauce.
What tricks can you use to make the perfect apple pie cinnamon rolls?
Making the perfect apple pie cinnamon rolls is easy with a few simple tips and tricks! The secret to making delicious cinnamon rolls is to get the balance of spices, sweetness and texture just right. Here are some tricks to help you make the most delicious apple pie cinnamon rolls every time!
First, use a combination of apples and apple sauce for added flavor and moisture. Apples add a nice tartness, while the apple sauce adds sweetness and helps the cinnamon rolls bake up nice and fluffy.
Next, don’t skimp on the cinnamon and sugar! When adding the cinnamon and sugar, be generous and make sure to get the mixture into all the nooks and crannies of the dough. This will ensure that every bite of your cinnamon rolls is filled with warm, sweet cinnamon flavor.
Finally, take the extra step of brushing your cinnamon rolls with melted butter and sprinkling with a bit of sugar before baking. This will give your cinnamon rolls a nice golden brown color and a crispy, sugary crust.
What makes apple pie cinnamon rolls a perfect holiday treat?
Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls make for the perfect holiday treat! These delicious treats are a perfect combination of the classic flavors of apple pie and cinnamon rolls. With a gooey filling of cinnamon apples, a golden brown crust, and a sweet cream cheese glaze, they make for a truly special and festive dessert. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make and are sure to impress your friends and family.
How can you make apple pie cinnamon rolls more nutritious?
If you’re looking for ways to make your apple pie cinnamon rolls more nutritious, you’re in luck! There are plenty of simple swaps and additions you can make to turn this tasty treat into a healthier indulgence. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Use whole wheat flour – Whole wheat flour is a great way to add more fiber and nutrients to your rolls. You can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour or use a combination of the two.
- Add oats – Oats are a great source of fiber and nutrients and can be added to your rolls to make them even healthier. Try adding rolled oats, oat flour, or oat bran to your rolls for extra nutrition.
- Add fresh fruit – Fresh fruit is a great way to add natural sweetness and more nutrients to your rolls. Try adding fresh apples, blueberries, or cranberries to your rolls for an extra nutritional boost.
- Use Greek yogurt instead of butter – Greek yogurt is a great substitute for butter and will add protein, calcium, and probiotics to your rolls.
- Use a lower sugar filling – Use a lower sugar filling like a low-sugar apple pie filling or a low-sugar apple jam.
By making these simple swaps and additions, you can turn your apple pie cinnamon rolls into a much healthier treat.
What variations of apple pie cinnamon rolls can you try?
If you’re looking for a new twist on the classic apple pie cinnamon roll, you’re in luck! There are tons of variations you can try, from adding a layer of caramel to sprucing up the filling with warm spices. Here are just a few ideas that will take your cinnamon roll game to the next level!
Caramel Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls: For a gooey and decadent treat, add a layer of caramel to the bottom of your cinnamon roll dough before you layer it with the apple pie filling. Once the rolls are baked, drizzle them with more caramel sauce and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Cranberry Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls: Take the classic apple pie cinnamon roll up a notch with a tart burst of flavor. Add a layer of cranberry sauce before you add the apple filling. You can also use dried cranberries for a nice texture contrast.
Pumpkin Spice Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls: If you’re a fan of pumpkin spice, you’ll love these rolls! Mix a little pumpkin puree into the apple pie filling and add a sprinkle of warm spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
Maple Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls: For a cozy autumnal flavor, add a layer of maple syrup to the bottom of your cinnamon roll dough before adding the apple pie filling. You can also drizzle a bit of maple syrup over the top for an extra sweet touch.
No matter which variation you choose, these apple pie cinnamon rolls are sure to be a hit! They’re perfect for a weekend brunch or a cozy night in.